New car ahead of schedule

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I tend to like dessert more then dinner.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Paging Dr Harms....

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Been super busy and havent been here in a couple months. Boy I sure did pick a great day to come back. LOL

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Clearly a Texas woman.

Ironic comment from a guy who lists his location as: "Twin Cities".

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Maybe he is racking up some more indoor mileage on that turd with his car cover on. I don't know about you guys but I'd kinda like to see how he does it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Maybe he is racking up some more indoor mileage on that turd with his car cover on. I don't know about you guys but I'd kinda like to see how he does it.

9 foot wide treadmill?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Re: German quality

Saw a 2009 Cayman outside my apt; the rear spoiler was off center & had rubbed on edge of hatch, creating rust, bubbles, flaking.

Looked inside; seats were shiny from Office Depot qaulity chair leather.

Meanwhile a 30yr old BMW I had, had spoiler rub on fender for years and never got thru primer....

I think todays German "quality" is a misnomer...all the lasers, microns of paint bs still isnt as good as ole Hans who would put on a thick layer after Beer lunch

Re: The Doctor

Your first loss is your best loss.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Just a thought, who in their right mind would go to a doctor with the name of Harms? Kind of like the dentist up here who's last name is Hurt?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Had a family friend that was an Attorney, named John or "Johnny" Argue.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No joke. My primary attorneys name is Tom "Lawless".

Chip

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Went to dental school at Pitt, class ahead of me had a student with last name Payne. Not Good :)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Chinook driver buddy of mine, Rich Bratt. He literally grew up on Easy St.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
DBK: Hmmm. Didn't think of that. That would work. Yeah, that would work.

How depressing is that visual. sitting in a covered FGT on a huge treadmill racking up 6000 miles going nowhere.

How many guys would sign up for that program????? Oh, forgot. One.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No joke. My primary attorneys name is Tom "Lawless".

Chip

Small world I know 3 attorneys named Lawless--one is joining my firm soon.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
We have a Dr Lawyer here.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Really thinking its time to unload the Ford GT and why. 6000 miles. Never in rain. Never outside. Never uncovered.
Airbag replaced (emblem--- under warrenty) Now in the same condition. Cam cover emblems replaced under warrenty. Now in same condition. Standard wheel hubcaps replaced under warrenty (rust) . Now in same condition and ordered at my expense. Cam covers themselves now have powder coat (paint ?) flaking. Hood paint bubbles starting . BTW, Im in Tampa not Cleveland, not clearwater beach . Audi V10 R8 is looking good . German quality is becoming attractive ...but wait ... even freaking Fiats didn't these sorts Vega level qc issues.

My car (#421)....lots of times in rain, yep it's been outside, always uncovered, been "shunted" by a rogue mechanic, oil pump pulley blew up, couple of small dings and paint chips on it, been on the track 50 plus times, drove through a locust and grasshopper swarm in AZ, air bag emblem is funky...and guess what....I love the car even more than the day I bought it. In fact I got a 2nd one. It is way more solid and reliable than my Ferrari. Having said that, Ford GT ownership is not for everyone. Best of luck with the sale. PM me your asking price...Hmm, a no stripe yellow GT sounds interesting.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
We have a Dr Lawyer here.

2 Orthopaedists I know...Dr. Larry Bone, Dr. Rodney Plaster. There apparently is a Dr. Doctor running around somewhere also.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
My car (#421)....lots of times in rain, yep it's been outside, always uncovered, been "shunted" by a rogue mechanic, oil pump pulley blew up, couple of small dings and paint chips on it, been on the track 50 plus times, drove through a locust and grasshopper swarm in AZ, air bag emblem is funky...and guess what....I love the car even more than the day I bought it. In fact I got a 2nd one. It is way more solid and reliable than my Ferrari. Having said that, Ford GT ownership is not for everyone. Best of luck with the sale. PM me your asking price...Hmm, a no stripe yellow GT sounds interesting.

I have had a lot of different cars... Definitely been there and done that with the vipers. In fact, while I was twin turboing vipers and the FGT first came out I even said there was no way I would pay that much for a "retro" "ford" :biggrin

Then Bigs took me for a ride in his and that was it haha

Everyone is right. Ford gt ownership is not for everyone. They don't have power seats, heated and air-conditioned seats, traction control, blah blah but there is no other car that I would pick if I could have just ONE.

I know people who would rather have a prius and "go green". A lawyer friend of mine has a model t that he wouldn't trade for a veyron.

Some people just have no sense :banana

If byeEnzo doesn't buy a yellow no stripe Im interested in that piece of junk....

Everytime after driving something else and getting back in the GT it just feels like home. I agree with DBK, quit complaining about it and buy something else :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Then Bigs took me for a ride in his and that was it haha

When I simply saw the origional "Super Bowl" commercial showing a GT 'dirt tracking' around corners on blacktop, THAT was pretty much 'it' for me. But, when I walked into the showroom and that blue/white grinned its GT grin at me and said, "Hello, Larry" - THAT was totally & completely 'all she wrote'. I didn't NEED to drive it or go for a ride in it. The car was sold before the salesman opened his mouth. I'm just glad HE didn't know that, or it woulda cost me an additional $20K. :willy:willy:willy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Went to dental school at Pitt, class ahead of me had a student with last name Payne. Not Good :)

Class behind my at the University of Washington had Anita Fok. (yes exactly how you think it is pronounced.)

Over the intercom......"Attention please, Anita Fok, we have an emergency, Anita Fok in D4....It is an emergency!"