Michelin Super Sport Tires

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Shelby any suggestions to us stock GT guys who don't track our cars.
I like my GT wheels and just want to get new tires.

Any suggestions?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Some Devine intervention in the workings of Michelin, or buy bridgestones (or of course OEM GY's)... Have heard a few grumblings that there is a chance for an OEM michelin size, but nothing I know of, for real

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love my Hoosiers but would like to see the Pilot Sport Cups in GT OEM BBS size.

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Any suggestions?

Get the Bridgestones. Good tire, good value. Never had an owner unhappy with them. WAY better than the OEM GY's!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Get the Bridgestones. Good tire, good value. WAY better than the OEM GY's!

Totally agree. Especially the last statement.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Having Shelby put Bridgstones on my car for the Rally.

Nothing like a pair of new shoes to go out dancing in!

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Some Devine intervention in the workings of Michelin, or buy bridgestones (or of course OEM GY's)... Have heard a few grumblings that there is a chance for an OEM michelin size, but nothing I know of, for real

Hate to bring back an old thead however it is the easiest way. Any further word on the Divine intervention and grumblings? I will be looking for some new tires over the next 6-8 months so I have some time to wait; however really want the OEM Michelins. I emailed Michelin, they responded saying no plans to produce however it would be reviewed by the teams...

Thanks in advance, Steve

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hate to bring back an old thead however it is the easiest way. Any further word on the Divine intervention and grumblings? I will be looking for some new tires over the next 6-8 months so I have some time to wait; however really want the OEM Michelins. I emailed Michelin, they responded saying no plans to produce however it would be reviewed by the teams...

Thanks in advance, Steve
My friend, we did 7,600 miles in 14 days......2 weeks ago......I have driven them all........The bridgestones are 90% quieter,100 % stickier"for standard driving tires" and to boot cost less than the goodyears, are in stock and so far last longer.....The ride quality is night and day to the goodyears....
As a matter of fact when we drove 1314 out to the wineries with the original goodyears...the ride wasnt as fun, theres a HUGE DIFFERENCE.........imo
HOPE THIS HELPS...GTJOEY1314

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks GTJOEY, by all accounts the Bridgestones are a great tire and they are number one if the Michelins dont become available over the next bit or dont perform as expected.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I have a set of Super Sports on the front of my GT. Had them about a week or so. Much better riding and performing over the PS2's.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a set of Super Sports on the front of my GT. Had them about a week or so. Much better riding and performing over the PS2's.

That's REALLY saying something. I've got PS2's on my 911 turbo, and they're the BEST tires I own, including the 'stones on my GT.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
That's REALLY saying something. I've got PS2's on my 911 turbo, and they're the BEST tires I own, including the 'stones on my GT.

I have a set on the rear of my Benz and they hook really well compared to the pirellis that were on it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a set on the rear of my Benz and they hook really well compared to the pirellis that were on it.

Yeah, I've got a buddy with Pirelli's on his 911 turbo, and there's a HUGE difference between his car and mine. Like it's not even the same car!!! I can't imagine how good the super sports must be in you're happier with them than the PS2's. Geez I sure do hope that they make them in GT sizing (or maybe in Enzo rear and GT2 sizing so that I can keep the "look" and maybe increase the massive traction that the 'stones give me)

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS

Yep I had Pirelli Corsas on my stock rims. Compared to my current PS2's on the newer HRE rims, there is no comparison between grip levels at all, pirellis weren't even close. If these supers sports are as good as they sound I'm looking forward to them. I should be able to get a set that matches my existing PS2's. My car at gen III and air intake level, can use all of the grip it can get. I'm finding out very quickly that she's putting down enough power to keep me occupied for a long time to come and that's not a statement I've ever made in the past with any car :biggrin!