GT...40

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Jesus, sorry you had to go through that. I, too, got that guys offer. It was infuriating. Takes a “select” few to ruin the party for everyone. Upward and onward.

Ps, ive been saving this for a moment just like this.

Reactions: Apollo

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
While we're on the topic of fun and exciting things for me...

Yes, the last major GT event I put on was 2017. This event sold out quickly due to space constraints. A member here, after roughly 12 years of never attending an event, registered.

Most of you will have received a PM notification via email at some point that clearly states *DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL* at the top. It says this because it is automatically generated and any replies to it just get sent back to the site, aka me. Despite this warning, as people tend to do periodically, a different user responded to the PM notification from the aforementioned owner. It was then I learned the mind-blowing/mind-numbingly stupid fact that he was trying to scalp his registration for Ford GT Rally 12 to various members...for $5,000.

Of course I immediately refunded his money, which triggered a barrage of calls and e-mails stating he didn't want a refund. I explained that this event is clearly non-transferable, as you register with your name, vehicle information including the VIN, all the way down to your clothing size. I also said my brain was literally melted at the prospect an owner would try and cash in on some people's desire to do some Ford GT application credential-burnishing by scalping a registration to a car community event. You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. Me. He insisted that I un-refund his money, so I counter-offered that he could shut up and take his money back, or we could just post his offer on the forum directly and let the court of public opinion judge this clever idea.

What was the predictable aftermath of this sequence of events? Months of threatening certified letters and demands from his attorney sent to my home address telling me all the reasons I was now going to be sued by him for extortion and this and that. Turn over your cell phone and hard drive and any communications regarding this event, litigation is imminent blah blah fucking blah. Luckily, I have irritatingly good attorney pals willing to crush idiots of this nature, and eventually they went away. But...not fun.

So while it's not the totality of the necessity of a break in GT events, it's illustrative of the nature of lying, scheming idiocy a lot of GT stuff has been plagued by recently.
That's just F-ing unbelievable. While I haven't attended any of the National Rallys, it hasn't been for lack of desire, just time and circumstances. I certainly understand your reluctance to plan future events, with garbage like this threatening your good works. Thank you for all that you do for the community, the site, etc. Don't let the scumbags of the world stop you!!!

Reactions: LOVE CHP

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Yes, the last major GT event I put on was 2017. This event sold out quickly due to space constraints. A member here, after roughly 12 years of never attending an event, registered.

Most of you will have received a PM notification via email at some point that clearly states *DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL* at the top. It says this because it is automatically generated and any replies to it just get sent back to the site, aka me. Despite this warning, as people tend to do periodically, a different user responded to the PM notification from the aforementioned owner. It was then I learned the mind-blowing/mind-numbingly stupid fact that he was trying to scalp his registration for Ford GT Rally 12 to various members...for $5,000.

Of course I immediately refunded his money, which triggered a barrage of calls and e-mails stating he didn't want a refund. I explained that this event is clearly non-transferable, as you register with your name, vehicle information including the VIN, all the way down to your clothing size. I also said my brain was literally melted at the prospect an owner would try and cash in on some people's desire to do some Ford GT application credential-burnishing by scalping a registration to a car community event. You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. Me. He insisted that I un-refund his money, so I counter-offered that he could shut up and take his money back, or we could just post his offer on the forum directly and let the court of public opinion judge this clever idea.

What was the predictable aftermath of this sequence of events? Months of threatening certified letters and demands from his attorney sent to my home address telling me all the reasons I was now going to be sued by him for extortion and this and that. Turn over your cell phone and hard drive and any communications regarding this event, litigation is imminent blah blah fucking blah. Luckily, I have irritatingly good attorney pals willing to crush idiots of this nature, and eventually they went away. But...not fun.

So while it's not the totality of the necessity of a break in GT events, it's illustrative of the nature of lying, scheming idiocy a lot of GT stuff has been plagued by recently.

that is a new low if I have ever heard one... I feel sorry for this persons family...

Reactions: steved57

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Unbelievable! Sick feeling in my stomach reading this(and I am a “stomach Doc!”). Ruins it for everyone! Toatally understand now why no recent national rallies. Community has definitely grown with NFGT production. Logistics would be a challenge. Though really miss them!!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
There is nothing wrong with the world today, just some of the people in it.
Just when you think you've heard it all too! Sorry you had to go through something like this, friggin crazy shat.

Reactions: steved57 and Apollo

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow! :(

So sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Lucky there are more nice people on this forum than bad people.

Ed

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Wow! :(

So sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Lucky there are more nice people on this forum than bad people.

Ed

Yep, I agree. And although it would take a lifetime, scumbags should be weeded out of the flowerbed one at a time.

@DBK thank you for all you do for those of us NOT trying to screw you or Ford over! The vast majority of us are here for the right reasons.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Dave don't let a couple of greedy, self-indulgent, vindictive, spoiled brats ruin our fun events. There will always be a few spoiled apples in a bushel barrel, but that doesn't mean to throw the whole bushel barrel out. You do a fantastic job organizing these Rallys and should be able to sleep well at night despite these trouble makers. I sure hope you haven't thrown in the towel because of 2 people.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Damn it! If someone other than DBK attempts to organize it, I can probably only fetch $2K for my invite! This is a crime! I'm gonna sue!

Reactions: GEE-TEE

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Unbelievable! Understand why no Rally this year. Some people just lack decency and integrity, and that is what counts most in my experience. I know putting on a Rally is a ton of hard work before and during so a limited number of us can have a great time hanging with our GT friends, driving our cars and just flat enjoying ourselves. Thanks for all you did to make the ones we had such a great experience!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
As said above freakin unbelievable what some people will stoop to

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
One of my favorite memories of ole’ H040 on the track @ Rally 12... 😎

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This totally bums me out!
Shit heads never cease to amaze me.
What really amazes me is how people can think and behave like that
JUST my 02

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Ugh! What the heck. So bad. Just so freakin bad. So sorry to hear it came to this.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
😱 Crazy story .... what a 💩🗣

Reactions: Apollo

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
One of my favorite memories of ole’ H040 on the track @ Rally 12... 😎

Who was that courteous driver in the white car giving a point by?

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California

WTF? Is this real? I cannot believe this actually happened. So disappointing to see how twisted people can be. I always thought all car guys are good guys🤔😐

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
WTF? Is this real? I cannot believe this actually happened. So disappointing to see how twisted people can be. I always thought all car guys are good guys🤔😐
Not sure who is the bigger D. BAG. The scalper or the scalpie 🙄 Send them both to MCC

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
What a punk move. Whomever this may be you can go now. In fact, we forgot you were even here.

Vince H

Reactions: Stef and LOVE CHP

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I remember this one.

"Two registrations plus pre-paid 1st hotel night." A $1,900 value for only $5,000. (Dug out of my text messages). haha.

Reactions: steved57