GT...40

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Dave, rest assured that you can sleep well every night knowing that YOU have always done the right thing.

Reactions: Ed Sims

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Great write up. Great color (yours and Andy's are my favorite to date). Great car. My favorite part is you giving the teenager a ride - you made his life. P.S. reading your post in Paris, counting down the days to Le Mans. Did I say congratulations?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I was asked about Blue Moon and the story behind it at a car show a few weeks ago. Guy said " every car has a story"...without a doubt, you and Dave have the story all built in ready to create a full story. Wow...could not have happened to two more deserving gentlemen. Cheers to you both...

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
How did you get this picture? Looky loo?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I was out on Woodward this AM heading to the Ford HQ event. Dave is still driving and has been all night. I think he passed Nicks break in miles in one day. Its a record. :)

Look forward to seeing it around

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm at about 350 miles. Still have a couple areas we haven't done clear bra on because we're going to see if one of the Roush techs (who also worked on the 05 car) can come out and pop the mirrors off, allowing the entire door to be done as a sheet. They said it's easy but better him to do than me.

Took 8 or 9 people for rides the last couple days.

I really like the noise this car makes, and it makes a lot of them. You hear a lot of turbo noise, exhaust, fan noise, various mechanical clicks and whirs, etc. The exhaust really sounds ferocious for a stock piece of hardware. Fans are like a harrier taking off when they've all kicked in. It's loud by modern standards, but not overbearing. Drove at freeway speeds with shesgotlegs for about 70 miles and easily had conversation with the AC cranked. You hear a lot of stuff you just don't hear as much these days, but I laugh at reviewers who think the car is too brutal for public roads. Really? :lol

Suspension is nice on our bad roads. Have hit the comfort setting a few times but didn't notice a big difference, and honestly, doesn't really need it IMO. Even in track mode on the roads I know aren't a risk, the car isn't bone jarring.

Front lift is really, really incredibly convenient. Never had a car before that you can be rolling towards a driveway or train track at 20 mph and just pop the front end up an extra 20 mm. Goes down automatically when you exceed 25.

Transmission is fast. Have been running it up and down the gears, varying it and trying to just to lug around at a single speed. Satisfying bark on shifts. Shift lights on the steering wheel are awesome, and paddles have superior tactile qualities to competitors.

Power feels good. The ability to maintain momentum with the DCT is worth a lot. A couple hundred more miles and I'll see what it feels like at high speed. I've just been leaving it in Sport mode for the most part for the increased throttle response. Feels a lot sharper and I don't care about fuel economy.

Got hard on the brakes a couple times. It's ridiculous. There is no way I will comfortably be able to use the braking capability of the car on the track.

I actually thought the AC sucked, then I realized it was because the hot air coming off the front end of the car was coming into the cabin through the open windows and negating the AC. Shut the windows and it becomes chilly quickly. Moves a ton of air throughout the cabin. Driving a comp car is going to be...unpleasant, unless you have a very high tolerance for heat.

I've never driven a car that creates more chaos. It's just insane. People really do freak out over this car. It's a people magnet. Love being able to take people out in it, getting a lot of requests to park it at this event or that. Glad I went with the silly color. I was up at the car condo development up the road this morning and while it's beautiful, the 918 in what I think was probably Meteor Grey Metallic, is dull in comparison. I saw him peering through the windows so I let Adam Carolla and his co-host sit in it.

I can say already that it's obvious the car likes to be driven hard. It comes alive as you begin to hammer it a little. Steering, power, trans all working together. Can't wait to hit the mountains and canyons with it.

Overall, the driver's seat of this thing is a very special place to be. It's got an unbelievable sense of occasion just tooling around.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Who would have ever thought that that first gathering in Detroit to honor the end of production more than a decade ago would have resulted in all this - the excellent rallies in so many different locations, the events, the scavenger hunts, the race tracks.... and the best of all as noted by so many is the camaraderie and friendships that have developed. Dave, you are an astute, honorable, and appreciated host! Thank you for all you've done (and continue to do). God bless America, God bless
Amen to this! And others comments too.

Hugs? Sure, why not, any old time!

Kisses, sorry no can do.
Just to much facial hair for me!
😆🤣

Last edited:

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Congratulations Dave. The stock Ford colors look great but these custom colors look KILLER on this car.

Dominic

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Dave!!! I think I'm more excited about your delivery than I will be with mine. You are so deserving and I can't thank you enough for all the dedication you have given to our GT group. I will assume you spent the night in the car last night![emoji12]I know I will [emoji23]

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Nice write up. And, Yes it is special.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Racecar:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Congrats Dave...what a fairy tale story. Your love of this automobile they call the GT is beyond comprehension. Well deserved Sir!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Waiting for all the guys who now have to have the dash and door sill covers.

The dash cover would need some tailoring.

Don't see a big demand for the hub covers.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Privateer or CGR?

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Dave

I've have always very very much appreciated what you do for the GT community. I had the pleasure of meeting you in Le Mans. With all the pain and BS you have talked about (tip of the ice berg), know that I, and 99.99% of our family here sincerely and deeply understand and again appreciate what you do here...

Thank you.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Privateer or CGR?
I dunno, I think I'm just gonna drive it on the street for now. :lol

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Simon,

#34 has been my # every time I ran the Texas and Mojavi Miles. My legal name is Charles Beck, III and my son is Charles Beck, IV. So 34 is Chip & Charley. And yes, my new GT will be serial number 34. Love it.

Chip
Chip,

#34 is obviously a number of significance for you. Having the forethought to spec out the NFGT with a specific VIN really demonstrates the amount of thought and consideration yall put into the order! Well done and congrats!

Simon

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Congrats bro. Car looks absolutely insane. Enjoy

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Love the RS Dave. Riviera is a gorgeous color. What other PTS colors would have been your choices had you not selected RB?