Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
Great choice as a pairing - loving the Porsche GT3RS in Riviera Blue

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Love the RS Dave. Riviera is a gorgeous color. What other PTS colors would have been your choices had you not selected RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice pair! !!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Love the RS Dave. Riviera is a gorgeous color. What other PTS colors would have been your choices had you not selected RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have many, many PTS colors stored in the old grey matter. Currently have successfully gotten 3 PTS colors on new GTs...

jlhoyt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 2, 2017
SE Michigan
My two favorite cars in one of my favorite colors..... plus I also like the idea of more GT3's (RS and non-RS) in SE Michigan :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That’s a wrap on H040.

You may have seen the car is going to auction at RM next month. It's not me - the person I sold the car to is auctioning it. I'm not surprised. I mean, don't get me wrong - I was very clear - I wanted the car to go to an end user for personal use, I wanted the transaction to occur discretely to avoid the circus of me selling it, and I was willing to take a discount for these two things to happen. Otherwise, I’d just have auctioned it myself. But as you may have realized, I've been at this Arby's for a loooooong time now, so I'm still not surprised. Are you?

Unfortunately the buyer chose to misrepresent his intentions to Nate and Marv Rose in the course of buying it. They did what I asked on their end, so kudos gentlemen. Much appreciated. The buyer and I ended up talking and I explained my irritation to him, which he said he respected, but he explained that he was mad at Ford for not selling him one, so he wants to flip mine, and it's just business. Fair enough. I do think me assembling all my memorabilia shit from ordering the car to go with it was pretty unnecessary though. I offered to give him his money back, which the Rose's were supportive of, but he declined. Obviously the cake is baked and RM is auctioning it no matter what, and I talked to them and they were very cool about the whole thing, so we'll see what it brings. Could I materially alter the value of the car? Sure. Will I? Arby's.

Yeah, I'm bummed to sell it, but I have another much, much more expensive GT to pay for. I still think it is the best spec, even though there are like 7 Riviera Blues now.

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Can't wait to see what is coming for you next. (y)

Reactions: Stef and Awsum GT

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
What a circus, on to better and faster things, so... congrats in that regard! Will you be locking this next color :p Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Cheers.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
We should have a moment of silence for good ole H040.
I hope it winds up in a forum members possession. I too am looking forward to what the replacement is!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Mark II

Reactions: Stef

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Cant wait to see the Mk II Dave

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Don't choose Golden Yellow Metallic DBK! LOL

Ed

PS Flame broiled - ha!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Yes the new new GT will be much cooler!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
who doesnt like barnum and baileys?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Sorry to hear you let 040 go. Seems you can't trust anyone anymore and a man's word means nothing now. From the comments, I assume you are replacing it with Multimatic's new race-only GT. At least you still have your '05 for our Rally cruises. See you at our next Rally.

Reactions: Stef

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A man's word will always mean everything.

The rest are living foolishly.

Reactions: Stef and steved57

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Wo. Wtf

Time goes on.

And when is the dam rally?

Street cars are not fun as race cars. But you won’t have this problem

Reactions: steved57

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wo. Wtf

Time goes on.

And when is the dam rally?

Street cars are not fun as race cars. But you won’t have this problem

While we're on the topic of fun and exciting things for me...

Yes, the last major GT event I put on was 2017. This event sold out quickly due to space constraints. A member here, after roughly 12 years of never attending an event, registered.

Most of you will have received a PM notification via email at some point that clearly states *DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL* at the top. It says this because it is automatically generated and any replies to it just get sent back to the site, aka me. Despite this warning, as people tend to do periodically, a different user responded to the PM notification from the aforementioned owner. It was then I learned the mind-blowing/mind-numbingly stupid fact that he was trying to scalp his registration for Ford GT Rally 12 to various members...for $5,000.

Of course I immediately refunded his money, which triggered a barrage of calls and e-mails stating he didn't want a refund. I explained that this event is clearly non-transferable, as you register with your name, vehicle information including the VIN, all the way down to your clothing size. I also said my brain was literally melted at the prospect an owner would try and cash in on some people's desire to do some Ford GT application credential-burnishing by scalping a registration to a car community event. You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. Me. He insisted that I un-refund his money, so I counter-offered that he could shut up and take his money back, or we could just post his offer on the forum directly and let the court of public opinion judge this clever idea.

What was the predictable aftermath of this sequence of events? Months of threatening certified letters and demands from his attorney sent to my home address telling me all the reasons I was now going to be sued by him for extortion and this and that. Turn over your cell phone and hard drive and any communications regarding this event, litigation is imminent blah blah fucking blah. Luckily, I have irritatingly good attorney pals willing to crush idiots of this nature, and eventually they went away. But...not fun.

So while it's not the totality of the necessity of a break in GT events, it's illustrative of the nature of lying, scheming idiocy a lot of GT stuff has been plagued by recently.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Holy crap. Unbelievable what lows people will stoop to, to make a buck. And I would imagine folks on here aren't exactly starving. Sorry to hear this.

Reactions: steved57