Ford GT Toy

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I don't believe this toy has been talked about before but maybe I missed the thread. My wife bought it for me today at Costco for $40.00. It's a large scale RC car. She said there are other colors. This one is white with black stripes. I'm not sure what scale it is but the car is 17" long. I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet but it should be fun.

Ed

PS It states the Ford Oval, etc are licensed trademarks but it appears to be an unlicensed product from China.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 895
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 717

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice toy Ed !! no drinking what's next to it and driving please,,,, :lol

Aug 25, 2006
and to think that you just completed traffic school; aaaahhh thus the reason for the model ....... scale MPH

All the best

Shadowman

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
The Costco in Concord, CA has three colors available for 29.99 each. They have white with black stripes, black with silver stripes, and dark blue with, I forgot what color stripes. Never really used remote control vehicles before. My generation used wind up toys. Kind of fun chasing the dogs around the house but got a little too close to the pool, so I know these toys float for a second or two before they sink.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
My wife brought home two yesterday for me. Same deal - $29.99 ea at Costco in Peoria, AZ. The body is very detailed and has working headlights and taillights. The quality of the RC components have a lot to be desired. But for 30 BUCKS - who cares!

Going back for more. Great Christmas presents for my kids who love Dad's GT.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Maybe it was $30. I think my wife pocketed the other $10 of mine! Thanks for the heads up guys! Wives don't stand a chance with this forum!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I check Costco tomorrow and try to buy a Special Ed and M. Blue colors for a matching pair!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Maybe it was $30. I think my wife pocketed the other $10 of mine! Thanks for the heads up guys! Wives don't stand a chance with this forum!

Ed
That's funny.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Its a shame its white !

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Ed -

Your wife was just probably just imposing the "GT tax" on you. (or, maybe she thought you should have bought her a more expensive bottle of wine?) :rofl

Jeff

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Nice! Not seen one of them over here.....

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
would you consider buying one of each available color for me. there are no costco's in virginia. if you are interested i will send you a money order/cashiers check and whatever the shipping price might be. thanks.

bill jones
the gallery
7919 williamson road
roanoke, va. 24019
1-800-476-5781 / 540-366-6677

Last edited:

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
would you consider buying one of each available color for me.

Guys - I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into here...but if you're interested, and assuming COSTCO still has them in stock, I can run down today or tomorrow and buy a couple carts full.

The kicker is...you'd have to pick em up at Rally V...as I'll put them on our transport. I don't really want to get into shipping units individually.

If you want one for Rally V, specify which color (white/blue; black/silver; silver/black were avail according to my wife).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you take a look at the bottom of the toy, it is interesting that it shows cats up front and exhaust plumbing running to the rear. :lol

You might need a lot of space in your transport. The boxes are light, but take up a lot of space.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
If you take a look at the bottom of the toy, it is interesting that it shows cats up front and exhaust plumbing running to the rear. :lol

So maybe the AZ HP that pulled TeamJeff and I over on the way to Vegas DID have it right!!!...There are two engines in the Ford GT. One in front and one in the rear.

Okay now...no jokes about "one in the front and one in the rear"! =)

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Gotta have one!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
would you consider buying one of each available color for me. there are no costco's in virginia. if you are interested i will send you a money order/cashiers check and whatever the shipping price might be. thanks.

bill jones
the gallery
7919 williamson road
roanoke, va. 24019
1-800-476-5781 / 540-366-6677

14 Costcos in VA, see the attached link. Also, 6 not so far away in NC.

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/loc...1-_-Top_locations&topnav=&whse=BC&lang=en-US#

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
14 Costcos in VA, see the attached link. Also, 6 not so far away in NC.

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/loc...1-_-Top_locations&topnav=&whse=BC&lang=en-US#

Near you are Greensboro (NC) Harrisonberg 2 in Richmond-- and they have them

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey Ed do you have the part #? I am trying to order on line but with no luck.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey Ed do you have the part #? I am trying to order on line but with no luck.

pe2unia - the bar code # is 6947262310833. The # above it is 520630. The Costco receipt uses the #520630. They call it the "XQ Super Car"
The website of the manufacturer is http://www.xq-toys.com

Good Luck,
Ed

Last edited: