Ford GT Stealth Edition

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
So I decided since the TT's were put in that the GT needed to embrace its darker side. I had been thinking about doing a Matte/Satin wrap and powder coating the wheels. I wanted the wrap to be all the same color all over the car, particularly over the center stripes and the door lettering. This idea had creeped into my head and I tried desperately to get it out. :lol I was just hoping I would like it once it was done.

I don't just like it.....I LOVE it!!! Especially the stripes and the lettering. It is hard to capture in a picture but looks incredible in person. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Well, I have to say that I thought the GT got a lot of attention before the wrap, but now it is unreal. People swarm the car like bees to honey. Oh yeah....and in its new skin the GT put down a 1019rwhp dyno run during a tuning session yesterday. :banana Here a a few pics.....

Attachments

• dock 1.jpg
    dock 1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 563
  • hotel GT.jpg
    hotel GT.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 556
  • dock 2.jpg
    dock 2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 634
  • beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 550

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Looks very sinister. It should be in the movies!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
People marvel that it is a wrap. Everyone thinks I painted it. It looks that good in person. A couple more pics.....

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 528
  • sinister.jpg
    sinister.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 527

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Ohhhhh yeah 4 digit dyno number!

Wrap looks good too

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Looks GREAT Tom. I've been dying for you to post up pics for all to see. That's just SOOOOOO badass!!! And the drop looks PERFECT. Kudos to Kendall yet again. Wow. Again, and again. WOW!!!

Is the cabin boost controller everything you expected it would be? And the 1000+ HP, is that courtesy of a Torrie tune or just the new boost controller?

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It looks that good in person.

It just looks GREAT, Tom. Ryan and were talking about that poor guy with the vette who was in line to get a tune on the dyno after we were done! It's a tough act to follow!

1019 RWHP
880 RWTQ

It's a beast. Jason - you have an awesome kit!!!! Credit where credit is due.

H

HHGT

Stunning. Great get away car if you ever decided to rob a bank.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It just looks GREAT, Tom. Ryan and were talking about that poor guy with the vette who was in line to get a tune on the dyno after we were done! It's a tough act to follow!

1019 RWHP
880 RWTQ

It's a beast. Jason - you have an awesome kit!!!! Credit where credit is due.

What type of gas was used, pump or race?

What boost were you running at that power level?

Great dyno numbers, makes us Whipple guys envious.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Absolutely incredible my friend. And I got to see it before you...:biggrin

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
What type of gas was used, pump or race?

What boost were you running at that power level?

Great dyno numbers, makes us Whipple guys envious.

Race Gas with race tune with 23lbs of boost. I knock around town with the 91 tune and a lower boost setting.....which I can now adjust in cabin which is too cool!! Obviously the dyno set-up is what I will use at the next mile event. It was the first time I ever did a dyno run, which was very weird to do. Ryan always took care of it for me, but I thought I should do it at least once. It is hard to resist touching the brake and hearing the engine go so fast without moving was beyond strange. :lol First try was to get the feel for what to do and the second time was to see what she would do. Felt awesome to see that graph!! :biggrin

Looks GREAT Tom. I've been dying for you to post up pics for all to see. That's just SOOOOOO badass!!! And the drop looks PERFECT. Kudos to Kendall yet again. Wow. Again, and again. WOW!!!

Is the cabin boost controller everything you expected it would be? And the 1000+ HP, is that courtesy of a Torrie tune or just the new boost controller?

Thanks Pro. Love the in cabin boost controller. I bowed out of the custon tune (in Vegas next weekend) and stuck with my Heffner race tune. Besides the fact that the boost controller is cool it is soooo accurate. Much better than before.....and you can actually change settings while driving if you wanted. :eek Could not be happier with the car. Kendall is the best and I appreciate all the things father and son have done to my car. :thumbsup:thumbsup Can't wait till the next time you make it down and we go for a spin! :wink

Absolutely incredible my friend. And I got to see it before you...:biggrin

Yes you did....and I owe you and the lady a big thanks for that. :thumbsup:thumbsup Summer says we will all get together for a night out.....hopefully soon right Monica. :biggrin :lol :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
wow, it looks amazing!!!!! I love it, when you get a minute please pm the info on the wrap and where it was installed, I much appreciate it.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nice looking wrap and impressive numbers.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Love it! I ran mine without stripes for a while, but like the gloss stripes. Can't wait to see the two together!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Looks great. Stout dyno numbers too. :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Back to CA.

Tom,

Your car looks great. I will be headed back to CA with my yellow GT this Thursday so Torrie can dial in my 3 tunes/boost levels. Veronica will be joining me on this trip. I'll make sure Torrie sets mine up to put out at least 1020 HP. :biggrin I'm bummed you won't be there for dinner on Friday night, it should be quite a gathering. Like you, I really like the digital boost controller's memory function so I can see what max boost was after a run and it's really easy to glance at and read while driving as well. Being able to change both the tune and boost levels from the drivers seat with the push of a button and knowing the settings are right on when going from 91 octane to 93 octane to C16 is really trick. If this set up continues to work as well as it does now I think it will become the new standard. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
awesome look and result with your car Tom!!!

That new boost gauge setup looks awesome! That was the one thing that was needed for this setup and great to see it offered!

Have fun this Friday guys :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for all the compliments guys!! When you do something like this you just pray that you are not screwing up your car. I am beyond happy with the results.

Chip, I wish I could have made the tune day to hang and chat, but my wife prefers having fun in Vegas to the dyno fun. Women, what are they thinking. :frown :lol

I will say that I think the new boost controller makes a significant difference in performance. I compared the graphs from the 980rwhp pull when I had the TT first installed to the 1019 from last week. The more interesting part to me than the 39hp increase (not that I wasn't happy cracking 4 digits :biggrin) was that I picked over 50 points on the torque number to 887.4. That is what I hope will shoot me down that runway a little better.

Best of luck with the tunes and hopefully we will all get together and see how they perform on the runway someday soon!!:cheers