Ford GT Forum 200 mph Club & Standing Mile Results

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I would like to be on the list & receive this mighty sticker; my best pass was at 206.7! Thank you all!

I apologize, let me clarify that my speed was for the 1.3 mile & NOT the standing mile; I miss read the Post heading!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
HiloDave sandbagged a 200.0 in the extended mile. He proudly showed me his slip and I said, "Man, it's really too bad it is the OVER 200MPH club." He almost took my head off, so I think we should add him to the list! LOL

Also Ed Sims should chime in. I'm pretty sure he was over 200 before he blew his cat innards downstream in the exhaust where it clogged and choked up his motor a bit. I assumed he meant a catalytic converter... no one is missing a kitty cat are they?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
HiloDave sandbagged a 200.0 in the extended mile. He proudly showed me his slip and I said, "Man, it's really too bad it is the OVER 200MPH club." He almost took my head off, so I think we should add him to the list! LOL

Also Ed Sims should chime in. I'm pretty sure he was over 200 before he blew his cat innards downstream in the exhaust where it clogged and choked up his motor a bit. I assumed he meant a catalytic converter... no one is missing a kitty cat are they?

"This is hot from a good source.

Sandman = 210 Gen 1 Whipple and 3.90 gears
BlackICE = 212 Gen 1 Whipple and 3.90 gears
Sandman’s brother 211 Gen II Whipple and 3.90 gears

The significant is these including Ed Sims are all Whipple “and” 3.90 gears"

I played reporter over the weekend and posted this on the other thread, Ed hit 205.6

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What is the significance of posting gear ratios. They should neither help nor hinder, right?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Would a shorter gear ratio help lower elapsed time but hinder top terminal speed?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Generally speaking, gears will have small to zero effect on acceleration. There are many articles on this as it is a little counter-intuitive. However, in the case of top speed, a certain gear ratio may put you on the edge of having to make a shift at a very bad time. I dont have my gear calculator spreadsheet on this computer but I suspect that the 3.90 gear cars may be ad the edge of a 5-6 gear shift at 215. This would not be easy to do. With OEM gears, the TT guys were hitting this 5-6 gear shift at around 230-ish (with 7000 RPM rev limiter). In each case, the scenarios would benefit from a slightly taller ratio so the last gear shift could be avoided.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Generally speaking, gears will have small to zero effect on acceleration. There are many articles on this as it is a little counter-intuitive. However, in the case of top speed, a certain gear ratio may put you on the edge of having to make a shift at a very bad time. I dont have my gear calculator spreadsheet on this computer but I suspect that the 3.90 gear cars may be ad the edge of a 5-6 gear shift at 215. This would not be easy to do. With OEM gears, the TT guys were hitting this 5-6 gear shift at around 230-ish (with 7000 RPM rev limiter). In each case, the scenarios would benefit from a slightly taller ratio so the last gear shift could be avoided.

:agree:

I will do some analysis later and post some more information. I had to shift way before 215, hit the 7000 rev limiter in 5th in 190s and lost some speed, still did 212.5. But it could have been better.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Yeoww!! Shifting into 6th is really tough no matter what you have for power!! Impressive results - with so much of the higher end in 6th! Wow!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
still did 212.5. But it could have been better.

Ah, optimisum

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stickers on the way for Kelvin, Timmy, Craig and Bob.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, this has to be the fastest street car forum on earth. Definitely not the quickest, but we're gathering a grip of members to the 200 mph club.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I did 200.0mph at Brungtingtorpe here in the UK...

It is a 1.25 mile, but we are coming out of a corner.... Pulley and tune and street gas... does it count?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi DBK, Monica was actually a 231.1. She wanted to make sure to have that in there just in case. Those tenths were hard earned! :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hi DBK, Monica was actually a 231.1. She wanted to make sure to have that in there just in case. Those tenths were hard earned! :lol

Fixed it!

Chip

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
When does Monica earn her own moniker here on the forum - she's earned it in my book!! :thumbsup

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
When time allows, I'm in at 210.1, Mojave Mile extended run. Thanks!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Fixed it!

Chip

Kisses from Monica!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
When does Monica earn her own moniker here on the forum - she's earned it in my book!! :thumbsup

A Woman's place is... :biggrin I won't go there.
She likes Mrs. Apollo but I think she likes logging in under my name.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Awe, your so sweet Ralphie!! I like being known as Mrs. Apollo. :thumbsup When I get Terry his own GT one day then I'll have to have a 'moniker' on the forum!:banana
Mrs. Apollo

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Congratulations everyone, that list is looking pretty impressive!