First Annual Mojave Mile Event

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
Get ready for a speed limit for GTs at the Mojave Mile with limited runs.

Lets try for a Mostly GT Only Mile of our own!

Ed

With "only" a pulley, tune and exhaust I probably won't be able to exceed a top speed limit. A mostly GT only event would be awesome however.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How is a chicken ("pullet") going to speed you up or down?

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
How is a chicken ("pullet") going to speed you up or down?

The chicken increases wind resistance . I'm seriously considering removing it. During development Ford originally tried using a (2) chicken set-up with (1) on each front fender however during Vmax testing they proved unstable.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I am lost here, I looked up Chicken Pullet:

Noun 1. pullet - flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
frier, fryer
chicken, poulet, volaille - the flesh of a chicken used for food
2. pullet - young hen usually less than a year old
biddy, hen - adult female chicken

Didn't see any reference to automobiles?

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
I am lost here, I looked up Chicken Pullet:

Noun 1. pullet - flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
frier, fryer
chicken, poulet, volaille - the flesh of a chicken used for food
2. pullet - young hen usually less than a year old
biddy, hen - adult female chicken

Didn't see any reference to automobiles?

Sorry... fjpikul was just teasing me about my typo (now corrected) and I responded back facetiously.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Sorry... fjpikul was just teasing me about my typo (now corrected) and I responded back facetiously.

:lol and thanks for clearing that up:thumbsup

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
What would the speed limit be? 200?

What could we do to get around the limit? What protection?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
ObeyMyFast,

Go to the www.mojavemile.com web site and download the rules. You can also register for their forum and ask Mike questions that way. It is his show, he makes the rules.

Richard Hille
The GT School

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Sorry guys, I'm out... "Must be over 18"

(I'm 16. Not kidding...)

I knew that they were going to limit by age, but I hoped that there would be a small chance that you would only need a liscense :rolleyes Or, that I could at least be a passenger.

Hope you all have a great time! :cheers

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Sorry guys, I'm out... "Must be over 18"

(I'm 16. Not kidding...)

Actually, that explains a lot of your posts. :willy :wink

See ya when you turn 18. :cheers

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Actually, that explains a lot of your posts. :willy :wink

See ya when you turn 18. :cheers

:bored

haha

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Mike called yesterday and gave the OK on the X1 up to 190, I asked him about the roll bar requirement for over 190 for the standard GT. He said he really wants the high power GTs to come, but couldn't commit on the phone and said give him another week or so. There is a new rule book posted as well.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Mike called yesterday and gave the OK on the X1 up to 190, I asked him about the roll bar requirement for over 190 for the standard GT. He said he really wants the high power GTs to come, but couldn't commit on the phone and said give him another week or so. There is a new rule book posted as well.

i see he has currently got 69 cars on the list of which 8 are GT's, mine and yours included. i assume that you do no not have a roll bar then? do you have any Horsepower modifications?

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
i see he has currently got 69 cars on the list of which 8 are GT's, mine and yours included. i assume that you do no not have a roll bar then? do you have any Horsepower modifications?

That's a good turnout for GTs, hope to see a few more brothers there. I have a pulley, tune and exhaust, no roll bar, just 5 pt harness, and I'm going to get a fire extinguisher mounted. Oh, I do have 3.9 gears, not sure how that effects my speed.

In the heat of TX, and no top of course, and with just 2 runs I did a 170 and 175 with no rolling start of course. I don't expect to really exceed those numbers, just going for the $200 t-shirt, lol.

Last edited:

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Gentlemen,

I just got off the phone with Mike Borders. He made me an offer for all Ford GT drivers with either a stock Ford GT or with up to a pulley and tune. If you compete AND break your 190 MPH speed limit, he will refund your entry fee. Just something for you guys that do not have Whipples or Twin Turbos to think about. Get your names on the list asap, before this event sells out.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I just got off the phone with Mike Borders. He made me an offer for all Ford GT drivers with either a stock Ford GT or with up to a pulley and tune. If you compete AND break your 190 MPH speed limit, he will refund your entry fee. Just something for you guys that do not have Whipples or Twin Turbos to think about. Get your names on the list asap, before this event sells out.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Richard, since me and Kelly-X1 have a pulley and tune i take it that we will be in the "Super Sport" instead of the "Auto Z" class which you and your stock GT wil be in? if mike is giving pulley and tune cars "tech" speeds of up to 190 mph then my "target" speed will be 185 mph. as i really don't think my car will go any faster than that unless we have a mineshaft DA with a HUGE tailwind. if we get a mile HIGH DA and a headwind then my "target" speed will be 180 mph.

the world record for a pulley and tune car on stock tires is 189.XX mph set at the texas mile with favorable atmospheric conditions. the texas mile is a mere 250' above sea level as opposed to the Mojave Mile which is at 2700' above sea level.

so all of you guys with a pulley and tune should come out to play because the odds of going faster than 190 mph are very slim :thumbsup

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Gentlemen,

Richard Hille
The GT School

Thank you

I would say that Mike is anxious and willing to work with the Ford GT folks to insure that a great time is had by all.

Takes care

Shadowman

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
By the way Gentlemen,

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting with Shadowman this past Saturday at his fine facility. I had intended to just drop off some wheels and then take a peek around. I ended up spending about three and a half hours talking with Bill and TriHeart7 (Who had his new SHO there.) As I have always said, the Ford GT folks are the best I have ever met. These two just confirmed those feelings. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting these folks, try to make it to the Mojave Mile Shootout so that you can spend some time talking with these guys.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
By the way Gentlemen,

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting with Shadowman this past Saturday at his fine facility. I had intended to just drop off some wheels and then take a peek around. I ended up spending about three and a half hours talking with Bill and TriHeart7 (Who had his new SHO there.) As I have always said, the Ford GT folks are the best I have ever met. These two just confirmed those feelings. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting these folks, try to make it to the Mojave Mile Shootout so that you can spend some time talking with these guys.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Thanks Richard.:thumbsup

LarryS

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2008
Fremont, CA
approximately how fast will a completely stock GT go?

how fast is a completely stock GT allowed to go?

(I tried reading the rules) :confused thanks....Larry