First Annual Mojave Mile Event

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
the fastest of my 3 runs was 182.3 mph. i have a 2.87" pulley and 100 octane heffner tune with an MMP X-pipe. i was on stock tires. my weather station was reporting a corrected DA of 4000' above sea level and a 10 mph crosswind on my run. it was nice meeting everybody and i had a great time. i look forward to going back someday with a 4.0 whipple and some borla headers, etc. i think with the whipple and some nitrous i can go 200+ mph at the mojave mile. i have done 4 different 1 mile top speed shootouts in America now. i have done the "HIGH noon" shootout twice at the Silver State Classic. the Texas Mile once. the "HIGH Roller" mile shootout once and the Mojave Mile once. by far the best location, track and event is the "Mojave Mile" :thumbsup

the track photographer got lots of pix and videos of my runs. i will post them up next month when i get them :cheers

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Speed Babe.

+1 for Monica :thumbsup

Yeah, how cool is this!!!! Terry's got it figured out. Monica looks GREAT in the red suit! And she has the balls (er..ahh..whatever girls have) to drive 177 MPH!!! THAT ROCKS. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I've got to get Veronica up to speed here. Way to go to both the Apollo's.

Chip

Attachments

• Speed Babe.jpg
    Speed Babe.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 199

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Dr Frank,

you better get that selective red vision disability examined by a certified opthalmologist. You are seeing way too much red, my friend! Can you see any red in the below images?

9927lofrank1.jpg
9927lofrankblue.jpg

9898cloblue.jpg
9898clofrankgreen.jpg

I do like the Snake Skin Green FGTs!:banana

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Who owns the pink Ford GT??? Is that Midnite Blu's new paint job???

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
A newbie's prospective

What a fun and addictive game.....especially for a 1st timer.

I have a pulley/tune and x-pipe mod on Bridgestone.

As a 1st timer, i had to do a qualify run to demonstrate the ability to reach 140-150 without "incedents", but can not pass 150mph. Out of the box, over eagered, the back wheels started spinning..., backed off on the gas and now I took off. In the middle of the mile, I noticed I was in the low-160s so I had to back off on the gas again (not supposed to exceed 150), then I lost sight of the end of the mile, so when I looked up next, the checker flags were fast approaching and I looked down to the speedo, I saw high 130's!! Shit, was the only thing came to mind, so I gunned it with all I (my GT) got. Luckily, I had enough real estate to get me to 151mph at the end. Passed, woohoo!!!

The next 3 runs, I reached 169.7; 172.1;and 177.8. I was thorough happy as my goal for the day was to reach 170. Then, FastFreddy and Skyrex told me the "secret sauce" to get to 180! They told me to stay in 4th, since shifting to 5th would lose too much rpm and a few mph on the acceleration. So armed with this tip, I was all pumped for the next run. Unfortunately, in 3rd, I held it a little too long and when it touched the rev limiter I lost a second or 2, I ended with 176.8! Backward, lost 1mph not acceptable! One more run... In the final run of the day, I was the 15th car in the 20 cars run group sitting at the staging spot. Still pumped and all I could think of was 180, 180..... the wait in the cue drove me nuts.... Finally, I was waved to the starting box. The green flag dropped, I went for it!! Come on, baby!! I wanted that 180 badly!!! Too eager, I spun the wheels again in 1st at 3k rpm.... stayed in 4th gear and vrrrroooooommmmm..... 178.8! Oh well, didn't get 180, sorry Skyrex and FastFreddy.... Man, only if I could do one or two more runs to get better the take off in 1st gear, I know I'd get there. Still, thoroughly satisfied!!

Also worth mentioning, I was too glad to meet all the nice GT folks, The Apollo's (Terry and Veronica- you go girl! 177, wow!); Love CHP- Richard and Sue; FastFreddy, and Skyrex and a few others whose name escaped me at the moment. Clinton had a great showing, thundering down the track; his acceleration is visually evidenced!! He had the fastest non-race car speed at 188 and change. I don't count the 200.7 reached be the camero as it is a race car.

Yeah, A great day!!

Oh yeah, I also talked my friend Ginger into come down Now she is now known as the fastest lady in an GT-R (Nissan) and the only person drove the Mile in a fur coat :rofl:rofl (she was running in the 165 class that per the rules, participant is required to wear "natural" material clothing...., so she claims... but that's another story). She said next time, she'll bring the 16M, instead. Richard and Sue, once Ginger sorts out her photos and vid, I'll send them to you. Pm me your email address.

GTED

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Who owns the pink Ford GT??? Is that Midnite Blu's new paint job???

Hey, who painted my Heritage to pink!!! :lol I want my Heritage back!!

GTED

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Atomic, that was great. Almost spit Coke out my nose.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
GTED.....I was sure you were going to get 180!!! Next time for sure. :thumbsup

The funny thing about the "secret" :secret: was Freddy and I decided to try leaving it in fourth independant of each other as we were running back to back. When I finished my run Freddy was like "What did you do?" and I said "Left it in fourth till the end." and he said he did as well. GT ESP I guess. :lol

I did not realize I was the only one of the pulley/tune crowd on stock exhaust. I do have the Bridgestones and I was running on normal 91 octane gas. Great day and great friends. :cheers

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
OK I am posting this here too... :biggrin

Hi All! Sorry to be a bit behind on the posts, we are on the road to for work with the GT in tow for a little play!
First I got to brag a bit. Mrs. Apollo did 176.4.
I was more excited and nervous on her runs than any of mine.
Second, it was so good to see all the wonderful GT people as Skyrex has mentioned. Good times!
The wind was real factor all day, both positive and negative. It never let up and was pushing the wind sock straight out all day. I would say no less than 20 mph avg. There were several safety delays from shifting wind to those darn corvettes dropping oil all over the place. ( I used to own one of those, please don't hold it against me) and a little bit of the wet stuff.
It was a strong right front headwind in the morning and shifted to almost a tail wind for about a hour when several of the guys got much better runs in including the red Camaro that was the only car able to break 200. I think 200.7 was the time. He was an unlimited car with supposedly around 1200hp on tap. Chip or one of the other TT GT cars would have handed him his butt...
In any case, you guys should have been there!
The wind shifted to a left front for the remainder of the day and it killed the rest of the times including that darn Camaro.
I can tell you it was very hard to hook up for me all day. I could not keep the tires from spinning in the first three gears. As we all know, temps below 60 and stock Goodyears do not equal good results. I think even Skyrex was full sideways for a good part of a run... I agree the RPMs between shifts was very important as the car seemed to be hitting a brick wall if there was any delay between shifts or if the RPMs were not right. I think the wind and altitude made the runs more difficult that the Texas mile.
That all been said, great time! Mike Border, Mary and the crew did a great Job!
Now my time to brag... 189.4 on my last run, just edging out Black Ice for the best Ford GT time of the day.. and I think is the second best car time of the day!
Next up, the Tejas mile...
She does look hot in red doesn't she?

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Now my time to brag... 189.4 on my last run, just edging out Black Ice for the best Ford GT time of the day..

Just imagine what you could do with different tires!! :banana

Congrats again to you and the Mrs.!!! :cheers

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Just imagine what you could do with different tires!! :banana

Congrats again to you and the Mrs.!!! :cheers
I agree about the tires... thanks Skyrex, great to meet you!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Dr Frank,

[/IMG]
9927lofrankblue.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/AtomicGT/images%20II/9898cloblue.jpg

My wife is a smurf...

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
She looks pretty hot in blue and hot green, also@

Mike Borders

Jan 6, 2010
The results of the event are now online: http://mojavemile.com/html/results1.html

Congratulations to the winners! Trophies are being mailed/have been mailed to you. The GT gang "represented" well, scoring many high runs including having the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fastest cars at the meet behind "Big Red."

Speed certificates are being printed now and those will be mailed ASAP also.

Thanks to all of you again for supporting our first event, and we hope you had fun! We hope to see all of you again in September along with many of your friends. I want to give a very special thanks to all of the Sidewinders and others who came out to support us as volunteer Marshalls. Your great spirit and experience was truly appreciated!

Mike B.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The results of the event are now online: http://mojavemile.com/html/results1.html

Congratulations to the winners! Trophies are being mailed/have been mailed to you. The GT gang "represented" well, scoring many high runs including having the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fastest cars at the meet behind "Big Red."

Speed certificates are being printed now and those will be mailed ASAP also.

Thanks to all of you again for supporting our first event, and we hope you had fun! We hope to see all of you again in September along with many of your friends. I want to give a very special thanks to all of the Sidewinders and others who came out to support us as volunteer Marshalls. Your great spirit and experience was truly appreciated!

Mike B.

Thanks to you and your outstanding staff!
:thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for the link Mike. Looking forward to the fall event so I can come in better than 8th!! :lol

5 of the top 8 were GT's......but our runs look a little pale next to the Florida event last weekend. We need to step our game up!! :thumbsup :cheers

Mike Borders

Jan 6, 2010
Next Mojave Mile Sept 25-26

The title says it -- our next event is Sept 25-26 at the Mojave Airport. This and all future events are 2-day meets, and you will have a choice of paying and running for one day or two. Entry fees are still being worked out, but expect to pay $210 for a single day and around $379 for two days.

The weather in September should be better for faster runs, as it will be warmer and hopefully not as windy. We are making adjustments to our program based on "lessons learned" from the March event, so watch the Mojave Mile forums for the latest on these. We will repost new forms for registration soon, but you can be assured that the date is fixed.

Mike B.