First Annual Mojave Mile Event

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I am not positive, but I think the Hotel is for Friday and early morning Saturday until they open up the airstrip. I read this somewhere and will try to find it again.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
You saw that info from the Event Schedule that came with the package. Hence, it prompted me to ask because the schedule shows Friday 1pm to 8 pm Registration at Mariah Inn, and also listed on Saturday from 7am to 8am Late Registration at Mariah Inn (clearly, 7am saturday the track/paddock will have already opened).

Therefore, my question still stands as to do we have to go to this Mariah Inn for Registration or just head straight to the airport. The material never defined what Registration means....:confused

thx

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You saw that info from the Event Schedule that came with the package. Hence, it prompted me to ask because the schedule shows Friday 1pm to 8 pm Registration at Mariah Inn, and also listed on Saturday from 7am to 8am Late Registration at Mariah Inn (clearly, 7am saturday the track/paddock will have already opened).

Therefore, my question still stands as to do we have to go to this Mariah Inn for Registration or just head straight to the airport. The material never defined what Registration means....:confused

thx

Ed

I believe the reg has to be at the INN. It is really close to the airport so not a big deal.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

thx

Ed

Sure enough, that is where I saw it, it is a bit confusing. :confused

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I think 'Ice has it right. You have to go to the Inn first. At least that is the way I read it.

Got all my gear packed, worked out my camera mounts, clipped in my racing harnesses today and everytime I look at the weather the chance of rain goes up. :frown From 30% to 40 to now 80. When it reaches 100% I am throwing a hurrincane party. :bored

JJayB

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Orange Park Acres, CA
What's the name of the station? thx

It's at Willow Springs Raceway which is west of the 14 about 4 miles. Check in at the front gate and they'll be happy to sell you 91, 100, or 110. Credit card swipe at the pump.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Send pics boys!! I wish I could be there, besides my helmet being back ordered I had to replace my pulley and blower belt this week. With the weather and being opening day of little league, all signs were saying postpone until next time:)

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
updates!!!!!

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Was this a go this morning?/ I have not heard a word. Raining in San Diego now.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Yes it was, had some mini cooper guys there and said the FGTs were running strong, 180+ in the cold weather.

Aug 25, 2006
BlackICE held the speed unitil Richard Hille rolled out with his extreme Camaro

I understand that BlackICE was popping off plus 185 runs and then Richard rolled through at plus 200

All the best

Shadowman

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
A little tired but full update/critique with pics tomorrow (and I do have opinions...some good, some not :wink).

Personally I have pulley/tune and my best for the day was 181.9 mph which I was very happy with!! :banana

Conditions were not the best. 8 GT's were there, 3 whipple's, 4 pulley/tunes and one stock. King of the GT's at the Mojave mile unless something changed when I left was Black Ice with a 189, and he had one run to go. I will say that as always GT brothers and sisters (Apollo's wife had an impressive 177 run) are the best group of car people to hang with and have fun driving fast!! :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Just saw the Shadow post when I finished writing. Richard did not have his Camaro there, but far be it from me to stop his legend from growing. :lol Just what he needs, more cred in the realm of 200mph runs!!

His Camaro is awesome though. :thumbsup

The high speed for the day was 200.7 mph from a '69 race camaro. I do have a pic of that. Sweet ride and the driver was a good guy.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I was here in the West LA rain yesterday AM, but my friend from the Mini Cooper Club grabbed these images from the Mojave Mile Run and sent them to me. Looks like it was cold!

9897lo.jpg
9898clo.jpg

9927lo.jpg
9947lo.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It appears that RED was well represented.

Aug 25, 2006
Just saw the Shadow post when I finished writing. Richard did not have his Camaro there, but far be it from me to stop his legend from growing. :lol Just what he needs, more cred in the realm of 200mph runs!!

His Camaro is awesome though. :thumbsup

The high speed for the day was 200.7 mph from a '69 race camaro. I do have a pic of that. Sweet ride and the driver was a good guy.

I stand corrected... thank you ..... I was told that it was Richard's' regardless it was a nice time.

Thank you

Shadowman

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I may bring the Big Black Camaro out to the next of these events. It will have a FORD 9" rear axle at that time and I am going with a gear ratio that might allow some decent mile speeds. The Camaro that was at the Mojave Mile was the famous Big Red Camaro. I have been told that it is equipped with a 1200 HP Big Block Chevy. I do not expect my 703 HP small block to be competitive with that Monster.

It was really nice meeting several Forum members for the first time and touching base with others I have met previously. I probably should have waited to pack up my GT as the 15 mph headwinds I was running against turned into tailwinds later.

All in all a very nice day of speed.

Richard Hille
The GT School

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
(Apollo's wife had an impressive 177 run)

That's awesome! :thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I may bring the Big Black Camaro out to the next of these events. It will have a FORD 9" rear axle at that time and I am going with a gear ratio that might allow some decent mile speeds. The Camaro that was at the Mojave Mile was the famous Big Red Camaro. I have been told that it is equipped with a 1200 HP Big Block Chevy. I do not expect my 703 HP small block to be competitive with that Monster.

It was really nice meeting several Forum members for the first time and touching base with others I have met previously. I probably should have waited to pack up my GT as the 15 mph headwinds I was running against turned into tailwinds later.

All in all a very nice day of speed.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Would love to see you run your Camaro there Richard!! :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That's awesome! :thumbsup

+1 for Monica :thumbsup