First Annual Mojave Mile Event

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I believe, and you can take that with a grain of salt, that the speed trap will be using a very accurate timing light system similar to what the NHRA uses. My friend Ed Raether will probably be bringing his very nice system and it includes a large LED readout to show your trap speed. If you have an in-car camera system it should show up nicely.

Richard Hille
The GT School

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
any idea of how much the entry fee will be?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Obey My Fast,

I just found out that entries will be limited to 150 vehicles.

I do not yet know what the entry fee will be, but assume $1,000,000 plus or minus $999,500.00 or so..... :wink I really have no idea what it will be.

If I can get firm commitments from our Forum members, I can probably lock in our spaces with the promoter.

I'll post more information as soon as I get it.

Richard Hille
The GT School

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
FIRM COMMITMENT FOR MY TUNGSTEN GT HERE!!! :lol

Seriously, I will send you a check tomorrow Richard. Just let me know when you need the funds. Thanks for keeping us all updated. :cheers

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Me too! :biggrin

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Firm

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Skyrex,

The money, unknown amount, does not go to me!!

I am not running this event. The promoter is an Open Road Racing friend of mine.

As soon as I know how much and where to send the money, I will post the information.

Triheart7 - I didn't have you on the list, but you are on there now.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Last edited:

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I'm in. Ed, forcast that day is dry from Sac to Mojave and return, See you there.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Skyrex,

The money, unknown amount, does not go to me!!

I am not running this event. The promoter is an Open Road Racing friend of mine.

As soon as I know how much and where to send the money, I will post the information.

Triheart7 - I didn't have you on the list, but you are on there now.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Okay, okay......I drove past that damn airport again yesterday and that created the large print size of my commitment. :lol

My point should have been once your friend is ready to accept funds I will be more than happy to write the check :wink

Is your friend planning on creating a website for the event? Just curious. Have a great one and I will try to temper my enthusiasm. :willy :cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Ok folks, I now show 19 interested and five of those committed.

Keep them coming. If we get a good size group committed I may be able to set up a Ford GT Corral (special pit area) at the event.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Ok folks, I now show 19 interested and five of those committed.

Keep them coming. If we get a good size group committed I may be able to set up a Ford GT Corral (special pit area) at the event.

Richard Hille
The GT School

:thumbsup

I PM'd Richard over the weekend, and know of a number of Vipers from Northern Cal that want to go. They have contacted the organizers directly. I know that there is a limited number of cars (150), but pleased to see that the word is getting out.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
When you know the amount and where to send the check. I"m in and comitted
Fly GT40:thumbsup

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Here's the latest news. I just got off the phone with the promoter and the 150 car limit is slightly flexible, the entry fee will be right around $200 per driver. Registration will be at a hotel very close to the airport and tech inspection will take place on the airport property. While we will have use of one very long runway at least one other runway will still be open to airplanes. We do not expect this to cause any significant delays.

The promoter is working feverishly to get his Mojave Mile website up and running (http://www.mojavemile.com).

When the website is up, or possibly a little before, we should be able to get our entries in and lock in our positions. Depending on certain logistical issues we MAY get a separate parking area for all the GTs.

Richard Hille
The GT School

PS: If you see an F next to your moniker on the first post it means you have committed to this event.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^^^ Richard put an "F" next to my name :thumbsup i am committed :biggrin my GT is ready to rip......:cool

if MKM is gonna run the Mojave Mile like they did the HIGH Roller Mile Shootout at Nellis AFB last year...... then tell Mike i will be racing in the 190 MPH class as i have all the necessary safety equipment.

you can also put me down for the Bonneville 100 open road race in June next year. tell Mike i wanna race in the 150 mph class (GS5) at the Bonneville 100 with my Ford GT. i raced solo in the Grand Sport 4 class with my 2001 Viper ACR back in 2007 and averaged 145.097 mph......

Last edited:

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Fast Freddy,

You're F'ed, I mean that in a good way.... :biggrin

I also will be running the Bonneville 100. They do not have an Unlimited Class so I will be running their top class which is 175 MPH average. I will be running that event in the Camaro and shooting for another notch on the 200 MPH club board (that will make 8 if all goes well).

I'll see you at the Mile.

Richard Hille
The GT School

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Are the requirements for speed classes the same as during Rally IV in TX. e.g if you have a 6 point harness, fire extinguisher, SA2005 helmet, driving suit and Nomex gloves and shoes you are good to go at any speed?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed is F'd

Place an F next to my name as I will be there.

Ed

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
BlackIce,

I do not have access to the rules/requirements yet but would be surprised if there was a significant difference from other 1 Mile acceleration events.

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Ok, with Ed we now have 8 members committed to this event.

Richard Hille
The GT School

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Myself and my brother will be there.