Complete Rally Exhaust Compilation

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Accufab said:
Did you ask, "How can I get both?" I would like an inexpensive woman that looked like Heather Locklear, can I get both?

Ughh, no.

George
George,
You can not put a megaphone type tip on your X- Pipe and still get your existing sound?
If you don't mind me asking, why is that not possible?
Thanks,
Fred

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Ford exhaust is a muffler, cat back type.

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

Thank you for putting the clip together and for those that shared their gal

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Have you had any problems from the cops? Btw, when inspection time comes around, will you pass? Does the Ford Racing exaust have a muffler? Or is it like the X-Pipes, just tubes.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want a new exaust :biggrin
I have never had any problems with law enforcement with regard to the decibel level of the FRPP Rear Exit Headers, and I have over 30,000 miles on the car, most of which have been on 2 lane roads (the old US highways) going through small towns. My local police and CHP's have told me that they love the sound of it when I go by, but, of course, I don't hit it hard when I see them or when traveling through a small town or village. Where I live, inspections are not required unless a vehicle's ownership is being transferred. The collector at the end of the header pipes is referred to as a "racing muffler" by Ford, but it is only a large cone collector that tapers to the size of the exhaust pipes. There is nothing in it to muffle the exhaust, just the geometry of the cone to reflect the sound waves.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Bart Carter said:
So I guess I'm out of luck in finding an exhaust that is 50 lbs lighter, but has the stock sound level. :frown
I'm also looking for an alternative to the stock set up... I like the stock sound level just fine, but it's too much weight and residual heat back there for me. My thought is to get an Accufab X pipe, and install short resonators, baffles or mufflers in the straight portion that exits the rear facia panel... not sure how much room is back there for such a modification, but by itself, the a-fab x is too loud for me. :frown

I actually e-mailed a-fab about it last week, but hav not had any response thus far. :bored

mardyn

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Kenetic Speed Shop

I Just installed Kinetic H-pipe to my GT and it sounds great and looks even better after heating up. Removed only the Stock muffler and installed the HPipe and love it. It looks great and allows plenty of circulation around the rear of the GT. Took only 2 hrs to install. Is street legal from the cats back. No problemo that I can see and now it has SOUND LIKE IT SHOULD. Rick Titus told me " Its a great car but has no sound as a Ford GT should" Paid $2150 from Kinetic in Buford, Georgia. Ask for Chad. First class speed shop. Tomy Hamon :banana

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Bart Carter said:
So I guess I'm out of luck in finding an exhaust that is 50 lbs lighter, but has the stock sound level. :frown
No the Ida exhaust can be tuned to what ever sound level you would like. Mine has been cut down somewhat.

Dave

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Don't know how this came unstuck.

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
DBK,

The FRPP exhaust & headers is Shoboat's.

Greg A

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I installed the Ford Racing Performance Parts full rear exit header exhaust system (P/N M-9430-GTX), which has an EGR port at the end of the passenger side header, an O2 sensor port at each header collector, and final Cat sensors right after the racing mufflers. I have gotton no engine malfunction indications with this system, so I wonder if they may have put some palladium catalyst in the racing mufflers as an alternative to the cats.

Contact me at rlehots@aol.com

Ralphie

PS - the tips on its exhaust pipes are also much better looking
I guess I spoke too soon regarding the engine malfunction light...for after about 500 miles, the yellow indicator came on, indicating the Cats were malfunctioning (true - since they were removed). In talking with the FRPP people at the SAAC Convention in Salt Lake City, they said that a correction to eliminate the light can be obtained from Dallas Mustang Parts, Dallas, TX, 75238, (800) MUS-TANG. In my case, I ran 110 octane leaded gas at the track at Miller Motorsports Park, where the lead destroys the O2 and Cat sensors, and turns off the light. A simple solution, but I purchased new ones in case the original system ever has to go back in the car.

Ralphie

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had the Stillen exhaust.Very loud .To loud for me to live with.I now have the perfect,form,function and sound. I have the GT guys x pipe.This is a real cross over pipe.But the sound is so perfect !!! Unreal is all I can say!!!
Rich post pictures!!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The Ford exhaust is a muffler, cat back type.
(Frank is referring to the FRPP Performance Muffler)

There are 3 Ford Racing (FRPP) exhaust systems -

(1) - Long Tube Headers (P/N M-9430-GT) - consists of racing headers and eliminates Cats. May be used with the OEM muffler, or the FRPP Performance Muffler.

(2) - Performance Muffler (P/N M-5230-GT) - consists of just a replacement muffler to the OEM unit. Slightly louder; lighter; nicer tips. May be used with any exhaust system that terminates in interface flanges that are located in the OEM location.

(3) - Rear Exit Headers (P/N M-9430-GTX) - Replaces the complete exhaust system with racing headers, "racing muffler" (a collector cone), no Cats, and exhaust to the rear bumper location.

Pictures shown below in the order listed above:

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Bony,

Before the stainless works system you had the accufab cat back? How would you compare the sound quality between the two? More tuned sound with the SW headers? Or not?
How about the loudness between the two.

Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
#3 sounds amazing, but I remember at rally 1 I was 3 lanes away from a car with that set up, under WOT conditions, and it was DEAFINING, I had to cover my ears, and quickly roll up the window.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Does anyone know what the set up is int tne last car? It has the right sound to me--LOUD.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
sorry to ressurect an old thread, but what is the loudest STREET LEGAL exausts?
Or, are there any?

EDIT: Anybody have stillen exaust? how is it?

Hands down, the loudest is #3 in post #75 above. If L-O-U-D is what you're after, look no further! That's your exhaust system right there. :wink

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Heffner

:willy Got the Ida off and the Heffner on. The IDA was about to fall off. No nuts. What a good looking piece. The Heffner whistles when cold....maybe the baffles?

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There we go, thanks Teflon!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I have the Heffner and absolutely love the look and sound.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
The stainless works system with small cats is an all around more aggressive sound than the accufab. It is mean and loud when jumped on. I love the sound of it.

The accufab is nice if you want moderatly aggressive exhaust.

Stock to accufab to stainless are about = jumps.