"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Ha... HI Nardo.. Thank you.. would LOVE to .. but what about my day job.. ? ;-) it pays for the GT and Shelby.. ;-)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
KurtGT, I just got my internet back a week after the storm.......Sorry for the delays as my last emails were from the office.....Kurt , we are thinking of an overnite this year at Oheka Castle , come on saturday , dinner with the spouses, sleep at the Castle then a winery run on the north fork and everyone goes home on sunday afternoon.....The gtguys would be at the house and do whatever while we are out.....
As you know, Im coming home from 7,600 miles on the road in 14 days ,an earth quake,hurricane and no power for 5 days.......
Please pm your cell number and we can get together before hand. Leno was great but I just recieved a phone call out of the blue for another special deal at the barn....will have all the details in about 2 weeks......
Having the times of our lives as yesterday I had a wonderful chat with George who owns an original" MODEL T SPEEDSTER", real neat stuff and a part of the bigger surprise.
Unreal damage out here as the bulldozers are pushing trees to the curb on my block on a sunday.......
Call lets get the silvers together.....Im game...........thanks again GTJOEY1314

H

HHGT

This thread confuses me to no end. I love the stories, experiences, pictures etc. But trying to figure out all the locking and unlocking drive me nuts.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just go with the flow all will be alright.....:thumbsup gtjoey1314
Opps , your from Cali, chill dude, ride the wave, the surfs up at around 2 , peace out, whao! some sunset...:biggrin gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Yeah, let's do the barn, need the GTG's love on my car!!! If you're not careful, in another few weeks, we could do the GTG's in Rye Brook. My garage project is underway and in a few weeks, I'll have a double wide lift, they'd be able to work on 2 cars at the same time!!!!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Yeah, let's do the barn, need the GTG's love on my car!!! If you're not careful, in another few weeks, we could do the GTG's in Rye Brook. My garage project is underway and in a few weeks, I'll have a double wide lift, they'd be able to work on 2 cars at the same time!!!!
I got me a double-wide but it ain't got no lift on it. Always wanted to "work" on 2 at the same time.

H

HHGT

I got me a double-wide but it ain't got no lift on it. Always wanted to "work" on 2 at the same time.

Somehow I think the work-on-2 at the same time has been tried by you on many occasions. I've seen that permanent grin on your face all to often.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
GTJoey- it was a crazy storm. Mostly because one town got pummeled and the next town 1/2 mile down the road was almost untouched.. Nuts. I hope you personally managed ok- besides internet loss.
Oheka sounds very cool; just depends on timimg etc (what doesn't).. psyched to hear about the new surprise special deal you have in mind for the Barn.. Model T ?? wow..and following your and Nardo's Around the World was amazing... will PM cell now.. talk soon .. Kurt

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Big Peep,

What is the possible date for the Castle? A dozen GT's from the NY/NJ/CT area would be nice. We could ask the folks at Marta Clara's to set up something nice at the vineyard.

Lit'l peep

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
WOW, we got lucky missing, wildfires, earthquakes,hurricanes and all the rest......
As for the Barn, I just left a message for Kurt......
Every weekend except for the oct 8th and 9th are booked....
I have charity functions, m/c duties for the Jaguar all british concours,Hallockville show and the cutchoque inaugral m/c job...
So will look into the Castle, just dont know if it could happen.....
On another note... the clay bar is unreal as th 360 was washed , clay barred and waxed and looks as good as new.....
GTJOEY1314

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
WOW, we got lucky missing, wildfires, earthquakes,hurricanes and all the rest......
As for the Barn, I just left a message for Kurt......
I have charity functions, m/c duties for the Jaguar all british concours,Hallockville show and the cutchoque inaugral m/c job...
So will look into the Castle, just dont know if it could happen.....
On another note... the clay bar is unreal as th 360 was washed , clay barred and waxed and looks as good as new.....
GTJOEY1314
There you go, once again picking on my holiday........................makes it tough for me to hang out and get stuff done!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

GTJOEY1314

...and here Pockets gets all stressed out when he just hasta have the garbage streetside by Wednesday morning...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay, I just called the Castle.....:thumbsup
The only dates available are for Friday nites only.....every weekend is booked with weddings and now due to the "NEW LAW":bored......EVERYONE IS GETTING MARRIED........
So its friday sept. 30th.......oct. 21 ...oct 28th....
This means we arrive friday 1pm and check out saturday morning by 11am.
Also the base rooms at 395 per nite are small at only 475 square feet.:eek.The whitneys and there gold plated everything is 495 per nite but you get more breathing room as the rooms are 595 square feet :eek, all rooms have 28 foot high ceilings.......
So see what you think.......it might be cutting it to close....it was a great thought though....
The next day would have been to The Entemanns family winery, Martha Clara...on the North Fork........
Post, think about it, thanks Kurt for the call today.....made my day as Kurt will recieve the first Second Edition Books..........enjoy GTJOEY1314

http://www.oheka.com/

Oheka-Castle-Pic.jpg
Front-View.-w550-h550-p0-q85-F-----S1-ctrue.jpg

Deja-Vu-078.-w550-h550-p0-q85-F-----S1-ctrue.jpg

The front court yard where the limo is would be all GT'S......NICE......

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The red GT will be at Lucas Ford on sunday with GTJIMMY and all the rest.......for his annual all ford show.......we will hit a winery or 2 and get something to eat at Claudio's. Howie will have close to 200 Fords......We should be about 5 gt's............anyone want to join just pm or post.......just another 200 miles in a gt.........enjoy gtjoey1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just got a call from the GTGUYS,Denis and Rich,they had a great idea.....
How about we push the Barn till spring, that way we can prep 360 for europe,everyone else can come get their car serviced and its at a good pace, hemmings,svtoa taking pics around the car traveling to europe . We all take a group shot and then a drive out to the north fork.........I think this would be better and give all of us time to enjoy.....
On another note, dino , yes we will make our presents on sunday......come over and we will hit claudios for clams and fish.........
Pete,jimmy,are all in.......
P.S. THE BARN DATE WILL BE WAY INTO MAY RIGHT BEFORE WE PACK FOR EUROPE...
GTJOEY1314

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Barn

Just got a call from the GTGUYS,Denis and Rich,they had a great idea.....
How about we push the Barn till spring, that way we can prep 360 for europe,everyone else can come get their car serviced and its at a good pace, hemmings,svtoa taking pics around the car traveling to europe . We all take a group shot and then a drive out to the north fork.........I think this would be better and give all of us time to enjoy.....
On another note, dino , yes we will make our presents on sunday......come over and we will hit claudios for clams and fish.........
Pete,jimmy,are all in.......
P.S. THE BARN DATE WILL BE WAY INTO MAY RIGHT BEFORE WE PACK FOR EUROPE...
GTJOEY1314

Moving the Barn date out until next May would greatly help us out too as we are getting really busy prepping for our winter workload, and some new projects too!!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Alright, spoke with Joey a little earlier this afternoon. I'm going to try and rework my schedule for Sunday and try and join a few guys for a ride out to the North Fork, car show and lunch, and of course a few stories of Joey's travels.
I'm looking forwards to the Barn in May, as I've got a few things that I'd like the GTG's to do to my "baby". I just turned 11,000 miles and want to make sure that she's got another couple of hundred thousand left to go!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
and some new projects too!!

This would include the 'lessons learned' cooling system updates from MMP?? :cool

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Alright Joey, I've "rescheduled" my Sunday tennis game for Saturday instead, now I have to pass my request to "management" for "approval" to take Sunday off. I know that we have dinner plans, so hopefully that will allow me the "day pass". How many GT's are you expecting?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Alright Joey, I've "rescheduled" my Sunday tennis game for Saturday instead, now I have to pass my request to "management" for "approval" to take Sunday off. I know that we have dinner plans, so hopefully that will allow me the "day pass". How many GT's are you expecting?
RPM217.........RIDE ON MY FRIEND.....Once you get behind the GT FOR 2 OR 3 HOURS..
You will never want to get out............Be at my place by 9am.........we stay for a while at howies........then take off for some dinner...........DINO , says he is in too.......
Rod Stewart is coming with his new aston, will be fun to compare........
ENJOY....GTJOEY1314

Status
Not open for further replies.