"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
They weren't together, but we all had a great time, sorry you didn't make the trip!!! Joey delivered as promised, the weather was flawless, the traffic was non-existent, my trip there and back was about 230 miles. There were pictures taken, hopefully Kurt will post them up!!! Nice spending time with Joey, Kurt and Jimmy!!!! Hope you guys had a good lunch!!! Just cleaned the car up and put it back in it's "temporary" weekday parking, can't wait until next weekend, when it comes out for further adventures!!!
Kurt had to take care of his folks, he will post some pics later...Guys it was great getting together , making " THIS " day go bye.......The cars look great and with 7 Gts in a pack of 110 ford mustangs , it really drew a crowd......
It doesnt get old the minute you open the clamshell or doors, they are around the cars in an instant..
Kurt took a look at our car, he will add his comments later if he gets some time, I took the red car as it needed a stretch......
Roger, Kurt,Dino, Pete,Jimmy,Howie,Tom, thanks for the effort today......it made my day...remember spring at the barn.....GTGUYS get ready looks like we will have close to 40 gt's for service......gtjoey1314
FOOTNOTE.....NEVER PUT THE GOODYEARS ON EVER AGAIN...IMO.....
My God aafter the Bridgestones, then going into 1314 , the ride was nice of course but not the same.......I will buy another set of bbs and Bridgestones for 1314 and leave the goodyears on the original wheels for posterity and the museum ion 20 years..........gtjoey1314

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
They weren't together, but we all had a great time, sorry you didn't make the trip!!! Joey delivered as promised,

I have been wanting to post this for a while. After spending 2 weeks with Joey I feel I am knowing and entitled to "talk" about him. Our wives both said one of us would kill the other one. Quiet whispers at the rally asked....what was it like? Let me tell you firsthand. Joey always "delivers". The trip was an absolute pleasure from both car & company. Some people talk a lot of trash but can't back it up. Not Joey....he is larger than life and walks the walk. He is a "git 'er dun" kinda gentleman. I use the term gentleman as he is always pleasant, courteous, appreciative and respectful...especially to attendants and waitstaff. If it weren't for Joey the GTs would have already lost some luster. He is MR GT. He, and solely him, keeps the name alive. Sure there was LeMans(Matech) last year ....but I am referring to keeping the candle burning...not just a one time light. I am honored to have Joey as a friend. Another plus is he surrounds himself with great people.....Jimmy, Pete, Dino, Stu, Dougie.....what a great group of guys. Texans and the rest of the US could learn something from those yankees. In a day where a person's word means little or nothing....Joey is a pleasant change. He reminds me of the good ole days....before the know-it-all, young, whipper snappers. A true gentleman in the real sense of the word.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Not the 1st time we've 'heard' someone say things like this, and it undoubtedly won't be the last. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Joey for PREZ!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Chris,

Absolutley nothing to add. You have said it all...and every word is the truth.

Stu

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thanks Stu. Needed to be said. I know not everyone agrees with my personality...so be it. I love to make people laugh..... we need more laughter in the world...but this was a serious post Joey deserves. I call a spade a spade and a gentleman a gentleman. I shoot straight from the hip...and sometimes it hurts....again so be it. But one thing about me as I've said before.....I can back-up what I say....every single time. What you see is what you get from me...no sugar coated, talking behind the back fakeness.

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Chris,

Absolutley nothing to add. You have said it all...and every word is the truth.

Stu
I'm a relative "newcomer to the fold", but I've been exposed to Joey a couple of times, and each time has been a pleasure. Yes, he's got a large personality, but that's because he's a very "generous" person, with his time, his knowledge, his home, his cars, and his friendship. Stu, you should have blown off work and come with us today, we missed you!!!! Thanks Joey, had a great time today, all 200 plus miles were a pleasure!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
...no sugar coated, talking behind the back fakeness.

I agree. Only a totally pathetic coward would make people suffer through their fake, insincere pleasantries in person while being a completely craven bitch behind the scenes.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Did you guys get my prostate exam results before me?:eek
Looks like Nardo got his wire transfer for the silver car......:biggrin
I feel like Gino when he was in 3 articles at the same time, you know that feeling when everything is going right , that your expecting the big guy to tap on your shoulder feeling......
The tunnel and light thing....
Anywho love you all, more to come and thanks for the good thoughts..:thumbsup......I will try to post the mileage tomorrow that we will put under the hood of 360......you will be surprised.....it was alot........
Enjoy.......stewie, you sure you didnt get my results and your not telling me something.......:ack
love ya GTJOEY1314

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Roger,

Unfortunately as a physician, "blowing work off" has never been an option. In 20 years, I have never even called in sick(though many times I wished I could have)...again not an option for my specialty.

Stu

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sure, call in sick? All you guys do is sit in the dark and count doubloons.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
fj,

more like count wooden nickels... hospital based practiced, More than 20% medicaid and 20% w/o insurance.....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, try reading state mandated Pap smears. Pennies on the dollar. I'm at one of three remaining city hospitals in the state. Makes the nuns look good.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
fj,

At least we still manage to have our cars.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay, With the bulk of the American part of the trip complete .
Here are the details......
Started out of Southold New York,5,466,N.J,5,574,Pa.5,656,Oh.5,956,Mi."THE HENRY" 6,137.
Oh.6,282,Ky."CORVETTE MUSEUM" 6492,Tn.6727,Ar.6975,Tx.7249,Temple Tx. "NARDO'S HOUSE" 7,559, Nm8048, Az.8,431, Az."R.ROBACH HOUSE"Kingman Az. 8,743, Ca.8814, "Colton Inn" MONTEREY 9,338.
N.v 9,770, Ut. "THE GRAND AMERICAN" 10,201,Wy.10,564,Ne.10,965,Ia. 11,419. Il.11,733, In.11,965, Oh.11,973, Mi.12,019," GTGUYS" Mi. 12,255
Oh.12,287, Pa12,465, NJ.12,787,n.Y. 12857, Cold Spring Harbor N.y. 12,892...
That ends us up at 7,426 miles in less than 14 days of driving..........
Great trip, next to Canada, Amelia Island in march then hopefully we all go to Europe and beyond......
Chris thanks for being a big part of it and living the dream......To the GTGUYS,RICH ROBACH,CHRIS'S SISTER AND ALL THE REST ...
ENJOY GTJOEY1314
If any of you ever get the chance do it......The FORD GT is the greatest road car of all time bar none.....
110, at 2,400 rpm getting 26 miles to the gallon in 6th and the cabin temp was 67 degrees......cant get better then that

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
What a nice trip. Good to see both of you at Rally 6.

A bit shorter trip than most of mine!

Keep it up, in FEW YEARS you might even catch me.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Keep it up, in FEW YEARS you might even catch me.

Never gonna happen - :thumbsup

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Never gonna happen - :thumbsup
Jeff's got us beat for a long time to come.....Suggested a long time ago, what about a "mileage badge"....
25,000, 50,75 and the elusive 100,000 club. Certified through the GT FORUM.
Looks cool and give a certain air to the car that makes it to that point.....
GTJOEY1314

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Joey, Jimmy and Roger....
Yesterday really was a GREAT time with AWESOME company.. quality guys with the best cars.. Period.
Joey?? yeah.. I guess he's alraight .. ;-)
Roger- give me the details/contact for your deet guy in Mineola, please..
Now can someone tell me how to post picts ???? Kurt..

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Joey, Jimmy and Roger....
Yesterday really was a GREAT time with AWESOME company.. quality guys with the best cars.. Period.
Joey?? yeah.. I guess he's alraight .. ;-)
Roger- give me the details/contact for your deet guy in Mineola, please..
Now can someone tell me how to post picts ???? Kurt..
Thought you were going to email me at work!!! Here's the link: http://detailingdynamics.com/
Call and speak with Eddie, tell him that I referred you. I saw Tom this morning, he never got your text, he wants to get in touch with you, and maybe come hear your band play soon!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
View attachment 22098Just some random shots along the way to California..........enjoy.SDC11059.jpgSDC11134.jpgSDC11138.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.