"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
RPM217.........RIDE ON MY FRIEND.....Once you get behind the GT FOR 2 OR 3 HOURS..
You will never want to get out............Be at my place by 9am.........we stay for a while at howies........then take off for some dinner...........DINO , says he is in too.......
Rod Stewart is coming with his new aston, will be fun to compare........
ENJOY....GTJOEY1314

Way past first time drive of 2-3 hours, been down to Pa in the car, up to Watkins Glen a month ago, car is perfect. On the way up to the Glen, was in a tremendous downpour, my friend in the car behind me, loved the huge rooster tail I put up!!!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Spring at the "Barn" sounds great. That way I can get the GTG to take care of a few things before I move out West in June.

John

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
John, this was a great decision as we have 10 gt's lined up already for the spring......
RPM, as for sunday , we are in no rush......9am ish at the house and we enjoy the ride...
On another note, we have DON CARSON,CHRIS McGREGOR, Howie Lucas, Neil,Gtjimmy and wives all going to Europe as it stands.....
Don/Jimmy and our own 360 are all to be shipped by plane........Neil and the original GT40 GROUP will be waiting on the other side of the pond......
The game plan is tour eurpoe from Goodwood to LeMans and head back.
I just recieved GREATNEWS that Aston Martin will have all the facilities at both tracks,booths,tents and all........
Neil's connections will help out greatly, as we still need a complete route for the drive....
This will be ALOT of work over the next 6 months to make it fly, ALL hands on deck to make this journey complete.....
Looks like Virgin first class will be set up too.......
ALOT TO DO .......KEEP READING.........GTJOEY1314

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The "boss" has given permission, as long as I'm back home by 5pm, showered and ready to go out for dinner with people that I'd really prefer not to dine with, but sometimes, you have no choice. If I leave by 2:30ish, I should make all my appointments. I'll leave a few minutes before 8am, and be out to you @9ish. Let's see if we can get a few more, give the cops some good "bait"!!

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

The prospect of driving the GT on the autobahn next year reminds me of the GT500 launch ad where a GT500 owner ships his car to Europe and is asked by a German if he couldn't find any cars he liked in Germany and answered no that he could not find any speed limits he liked in America.
After driving the autobahn this summer and just returning from a 2 day drive from Winnipeg to NY I couldn't agree more. It will be nice to drive where the passing lane is on the left, the drivers actually show some lane discipline, and the uniformed tax collectors aren't lurking around every corner.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Nj ,Since the Gt is being serviced by the gtguys, do you think you would want to come out sunday with the gullwing?
It would be just like the autobahn, there will be gentlemen with machine guns at every bridge and tunnel....
We will hit Claudio's for lunch and it looks like dino will break the 100 mile mark on the yellow gt......it took 5 years but its gonna happen......
gtjoey1314, p.s. rod stewart will be bringing his aston so it will be fun.....gtjoey1314

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Working the weekend, otherwise would have come out.

Stu

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005

Stu[/QUOTE
Stu, Don,Jimmy and I are over that last hurdle, FUN COMES FIRST , then work.......your almost there, we will miss you, enjoy your day in ER, Make sure you get that 10 dollar co pay to send to the college .......]gtjoey1314
Hey Dino,pass the bacala!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

Stu[/QUOTEgtjoey
FUN COMES FIRST , then work.......Hey Dino,pass the bacala!
Couldn't agree more. Less work equal less taxes, less my estate will inherit (wife's new husband, unappreciative kids), more FUN TIME for ME...........In the words of Charlie Sheen "WINNING"

Last edited:

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Well, if we are doing Claudio's its pass the calama .....:cheers

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Well, if we are doing Claudio's its pass the calama .....:cheers

It's CALAMA-RE....you forgot the RE.........(.Your welcome)...:lol

H

HHGT

I'm starting a new division for Google.

TranslateNYLingoToEnglish.Google.Com

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
My translation is of Brooklyn dialect.....called one-two-tree.com

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
My translation is of Brooklyn dialect.....called one-two-tree.com

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....I resemble that remark.....:lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....I resemble that remark.....:lol
Put a little smootz on that calamari and all will be alright , you gabish, lil pishedele"
Que fei no gabish?
Hey gino bag a donuts why are we all still up, watching the terror alerts?
Are you coming sunday, so far its .............Lil Peep, Big Dino, Kurt the sheik,RPM"WHITE TOAST FROM UPSTATE, Rod Stewart,Pistol Pete and agent orange, want to come? gtjoey1314

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Alas, Fireball can't make it.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
GT Joey, and all Sunday drivers; moved a couple of things around and looks like I can join in for tomorrows run out east.. can't make Claudio's but looks good otherwise,, see you tomorrow- Kurt

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GT Joey, and all Sunday drivers; moved a couple of things around and looks like I can join in for tomorrows run out east.. can't make Claudio's but looks good otherwise,, see you tomorrow- Kurt
See you tomorrow at 9 my friend, we had a special mass today, sorry I couldnt get to you sooner........It just doesnt get any easier 10 years on......
See everyone at 9...RPM, YOU HAVE THE CELL.........GTJOEY1314....Timmy.B......always in my prayers.......gtjoey

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Kurt, how did those 2 silvers look together?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Kurt, how did those 2 silvers look together?
They weren't together, but we all had a great time, sorry you didn't make the trip!!! Joey delivered as promised, the weather was flawless, the traffic was non-existent, my trip there and back was about 230 miles. There were pictures taken, hopefully Kurt will post them up!!! Nice spending time with Joey, Kurt and Jimmy!!!! Hope you guys had a good lunch!!! Just cleaned the car up and put it back in it's "temporary" weekday parking, can't wait until next weekend, when it comes out for further adventures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.