"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Reservations made in Niagara on the Lake.

Very timely PBS show on now about the War of 1812, much of which took place in the Niagara region.

Nice to see PBS acknowledge what all Canadians learned in school ,that Canada was the overall victor despite a last minute defeat at the Battle Of New Orleans.
Thanks Don....but do I have to sleep with Joey?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well, its 7pm saturday, Im in the barn watching Barrett /Jackson and Im still grining ear to ear......Once again a big thank you to Plycar, 360 was shipped without a hitch.But my biggest thank you goes out to Chris McGregor "NARDO".........
We have been friends for a while now and to see 360 come off the truck just as he described and then some........
360 is a very solid and tight early GT. All of its glory will be documented in the months to come...... thanks again to the GTGUYS, they shipped some overnite stuff to get the ball rolling and I have already done some of it......
ANYONE else that has this itch, like Jeff did from seatle or we do.....JUST DO IT!
Im happy and Im healthy so far and Nardo feels the same, work is work,the kids are big and we get a break from the bosses at home....:biggrin
Chris and I have been on the phone for hours just going over everything.......... Its very exciting and I think its well worth it!
So follow along will post the new AIR COMPRESSOR , that replaced the missing can and much more.....ENJOY GTJOEY1314:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Nice that he called me in but, I said possible. Depends on multiple work related factors.

Stu

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I recieved a pm about a GT OWNER , who will be driving his GT from Ireland..........to the classic LeMans..........in July.
Looks like we will be over 800 cars at the event with 6 Original gt40's.......................
Anyone know the gentleman from Ireland....it would be a great photo op..............thanks in advance.........gtjoey1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
My eyes are starting to glaze over. 13 pages, nearly 130 posts. Have you guys backed out of the driveway yet?
You are to damn funny.....I like you.........:lol:lol:lol

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Spring at the "Barn" sounds great. That way I can get the GTG to take care of a few things before I move out West in June.

John

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Stu, just sick of paying taxes in NY!!!

John

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
You only have to stary in Amsterdam if you fly KLM. Have the car land in the U.K. (maybe take a quick 3 hour trip to Poole to see the McLaren factory & F1 facility or Oxfordshire to see the Aston-Martin facility. Simon could hook you up!),,,,,Then, take the Chunnel to France. from there,,,off to LeMans and the rest of your European trip.

Just a suggestion..........

JL

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Gino and Jimmy - Marcie and her son are flying to Monterey, CA tomorrow to meet us at Pebble Beach......are you guys coming???? Big big big plans for Friday!!!!! Stay tuned!!!! :biggrin

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Alas, Fireball can't make it.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Sonic Blue in the movies:

UK trailer for Tower Heist has a shot of Sonic Blue around the 18 second mark. Joey did you have a bit part walking the bijon?
Shhhhhhhhh.....I didnt even ask for royalties....Im like McCartney on the Abbey road cover........just fixing a hole...............THAT DAMN DOG IS SOOOOOO CUTE......GTJOEY1314
P.S. where is the trailer? didnt see it yet....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005

Chris Amon's signature

All the places the little silver GT has been in just a few short months.........

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Joey, are you have fun yet???

John

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
John, this was a great decision as we have 10 gt's lined up already for the spring......
RPM, as for sunday , we are in no rush......9am ish at the house and we enjoy the ride...
On another note, we have DON CARSON,CHRIS McGREGOR, Howie Lucas, Neil,Gtjimmy and wives all going to Europe as it stands.....
Don/Jimmy and our own 360 are all to be shipped by plane........Neil and the original GT40 GROUP will be waiting on the other side of the pond......
The game plan is tour eurpoe from Goodwood to LeMans and head back.
I just recieved GREATNEWS that Aston Martin will have all the facilities at both tracks,booths,tents and all........
Neil's connections will help out greatly, as we still need a complete route for the drive....
This will be ALOT of work over the next 6 months to make it fly, ALL hands on deck to make this journey complete.....
Looks like Virgin first class will be set up too.......
ALOT TO DO .......KEEP READING.........GTJOEY1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Jimmy,

I just love that longislandnese you speak..........it's almost like a coded message....:lol

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The "boss" has given permission, as long as I'm back home by 5pm, showered and ready to go out for dinner with people that I'd really prefer not to dine with, but sometimes, you have no choice. If I leave by 2:30ish, I should make all my appointments. I'll leave a few minutes before 8am, and be out to you @9ish. Let's see if we can get a few more, give the cops some good "bait"!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Home safe!, will clean up and post hopefully tonite after dinner and church.......need a little churching after this portion......THANK YOU BIG GUY!..........
as soon as I can ........

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
GT Joey, and all Sunday drivers; moved a couple of things around and looks like I can join in for tomorrows run out east.. can't make Claudio's but looks good otherwise,, see you tomorrow- Kurt

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Here we go.....Enjoy, this is up at the falls and the ride getting there..........another post with the snow will follow....Thanks again to Don for the Oban hotel.......GREAT PLACE.............We earned our Canadian flags my friends.......enjoy.
Guys, I stink with this stuff but try to follow along........The first 2 shots are the front and back tires with over 7,000 miles on them.....These bridgestones are the best........Eating along the way to beat out the snow going up........The sunset going to Canada was GREAT.............Finally at the hotel.....great place...

Attachments

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Getting the important stuff done....The GTGUY STICKER...says we have the best insurance in town :thumbsup
Next comes the custom bags that will be stiched with our names...We can fit 5 pairs of underwear,socks shirts and our 3 jump suits.....that is it.....GTJOEY:thumbsup

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.