"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Denis/Rich, Thank you once again for all your support in our around the world journey....:thumbsup
That speedy sleeve to the rest of us would have been a 3 week bear....but you guys completed the entire task at 1 am in the morning and had the car back by 5 am when we left detroit to texas..........:eek
The car ran flawless for over 7,500 miles in 14 days....:eek
We are in blackout mode here in N.Y and things are very bad.....the media is not telling the whole story with our new democratic govenor......
Hopefully it doesnt become the L.A. riots soon........
There is NO electricity for about 1.2 million people..........
I have a backup at the office but for limited use.......
Once I leave here the cell towers dont even work.......
HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE , AS WE MOVE ONTO CANADA......
GTJOEY1314

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Jeff Larson...I love this guy!!!!" - Joey

Evidently...judging from the 2nd pic of the two of you!!! :ack

'Didn't know you guys hailed from Brokeback Mountain...:willy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
That picture expresses the effection of 2 hard working buisness owners who have been friends for 6 years and say...."we are here, we are in decent health and just enjoying the weekend.........and most of all NO CHILDREN...........GTJOEY1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thank you...gtjoey1314:thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
"Jeff Larson...I love this guy!!!!" - Joey

Evidently...judging from the 2nd pic of the two of you!!! :ack

'Didn't know you guys hailed from Brokeback Mountain...:willy

Damn, actually double damn. . . . . . . . . . . .

Only you would name your "secret favorite movie" , and I promised you I wouldn't tell anyone.

btw EP's second favorite movie is Mary Poppins. closely follwed by the Swiss Family Robinson.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Damn, actually double damn. . . . . . . . . . . .

Only you would name your "secret favorite movie" , and I promised you I wouldn't tell anyone.

btw EP's second favorite movie is Mary Poppins. closely follwed by the Swiss Family Robinson.

I see I musta lobbed that shell just a wee bit too close to home, huh, Jeffey! :lol :thumbsup

(...and 'all this after you told me I was "your one and only"..............sweetums :secret:)

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
Joey,

Heard you made it back...nice to see you in Texas. Once again thanks to you and Chris for the dinner hosting. Keep me in mind when you have the Europe part planned, Ill make the trip.

I hear much of Long Island is still without power, I hope you and family get through

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
So after decing to drive the GT home, myself and Bill Dietrich (FGTCPA) we ran into the same copper in Wyoming........he pulls both of us over........tells me to stay in the car.... goes to Bill first, then comes over and asks if we are driving around the world? Now I get it.....Frigging GTJOEY was here already.......so he clocks us at 85/75...no deals, no warning this time, no exceptions, anything over 76 is speeding.....in fact he would ticket his own father at anything over 76mph........Niceeeeeeeeeeeee Guy.......I told him when he comes to NY, some of my friends would surely show him the same courtesy.....Left SLC at 1 pm Sunday.......drove over the border into Nebraska at Midnight , slept till 5 am, loaded up by 6 am, drove 30 hours straight to NYC.........My wife Linda was a real trooper. The car drove flawlessly all the way...we clocked 2200 miles....and I have to agree, the car was made to cruise........average mileage was 22.......and all this after 2 days on the track......A big thank you to Rich the GT TECH who was able to change my oil/filter @ Miller.....on their lift......The people at Miller, and the Hotel.....well that;s another story for sure.......some of the best people we have met in our life time......:thumbsup

Gino

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
So after decing to drive the GT home, myself and Bill Dietrich (FGTCPA) we ran into the same copper in Wyoming........he pulls both of us over........tells me to stay in the car.... goes to Bill first, then comes over and asks if we are driving around the world? Now I get it.....Frigging GTJOEY was here already.......so he clocks us at 85/75...no deals, no warning this time, no exceptions, anything over 76 is speeding.....in fact he would ticket his own father at anything over 76mph........Niceeeeeeeeeeeee Guy.......I told him when he comes to NY, some of my friends would surely show him the same courtesy.....Left SLC at 1 pm Sunday.......drove over the border into Nebraska at Midnight , slept till 5 am, loaded up by 6 am, drove 30 hours straight to NYC.........My wife Linda was a real trooper. The car drove flawlessly all the way...we clocked 2200 miles....and I have to agree, the car was made to cruise........average mileage was 22.......and all this after 2 days on the track......A big thank you to Rich the GT TECH who was able to change my oil/filter @ Miller.....on their lift......The people at Miller, and the Hotel.....well that;s another story for sure.......some of the best people we have met in our life time......:thumbsup

Gino
Yep, I had posted to watch "bill" was waiting for you.......did he take a picture with you and the car too.......like he did with me..:biggrin
At least your home safe my friend....GTJOEY1314

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
A few wonderful pix from a great day at Pebble Beach..........

Brian Redman, Aston Martin Legend

DSCF2359.jpg

Past President of Jaguar Mike O'Driscoll

DSCF2368.jpg

Ian Cullam Chief Jaguar/ Aston Martin Designer

DSCF2366.jpg

GTJIMMY and NIELDA---------Eat your British heart out!!!!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Forget Redman, O'Driscoll and Cullam - who's the babe?!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Forget Redman, O'Driscoll and Cullam - who's the babe?!
That's for me to know.

Attachments

• DSCF2339.jpg
    DSCF2339.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 274

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:willy:willy:willy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
:willy:willy:willy
Those are Nardo's grand daughters.....................:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Heck they thought Chris was my dad!
GTJOEY1314 Ah let the old guy have some fun:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ah let the old guy have some fun:thumbsup

:agree: :thumbsup :cheers

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Can anyone say "Who's yo daddy?"

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Joey so when you coming to Canada and where? You need some good Mama's Italian cooking??? We are waiting!! Keep us posted.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Joey so when you coming to Canada and where? You need some good Mama's Italian cooking??? We are waiting!! Keep us posted.
I am going for my passport today.......We are looking for an overnite near the falls, in a month or so.......Route 32/87 and 90 are totally wiped out in certain spots....This hurricane was a mess.......soooooooo, hope we can be over the border during the foliage....enjoy gtjoey1314

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Joey.... GREAT stuff.. I know you're beyond enjoying and busy with "round the world" but any plans for the "Barn" event ? I am on LI, (Woodbury) and would love to attend.. if its even happening, of course... Best Kurt
2005 Quicksilver Ford GT/1965 CSX4000 Shelby Cobra

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Joey.... GREAT stuff.. I know you're beyond enjoying and busy with "round the world" but any plans for the "Barn" event ? I am on LI, (Woodbury) and would love to attend.. if its even happening, of course... Best Kurt
2005 Quicksilver Ford GT/1965 CSX4000 Shelby Cobra

Forget the barn...lol. We are talking "around the world in a Ford GT". Come join us for a REAL adventure. PM Joey. 2 quicksilvers a few miles apart...interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.