Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
"Around the World in a Ford GT"

" Please read very carefully and enjoy "

Ladies and Gentlemen , "Nardo Chris" and I are about to embark on a very special once in a lifetime adventure and "ALL" of you are welcome to be a part of it along the way...............

Nardo and I have purchased an early "2005 FORD GT VIN# 360"
Silver/Black Stripe, Base Wheels, Black Caliper,Mac Radio GT.
This car with its band aid clips, front grill, billet arms , engine seal and all the rest will be our transportation "AROUND THE WORLD" ........................
There will be a short 100 page book when we complete our journey and all will be in it that came along the way....Let me explain.
There will be 2 Main phases of the trip , the first traveling around the U.S. , The second traveling through Europe and hopefully reaching the GREAT WALL OF CHINA......In 2012 next summer
This has been coming together over the last 6 months and I have to already thank everyone at Ford , The Forum and its members and to Neil and David in England for all there help in advance.
To keep this first thread short....Our American route will start like this.....
NEW YORK TO DETROIT
DETROIT TO TEXAS
TEXAS TO CALIFORNIIA
CALIFORNIA TO UTAH..THE RALLY
UTAH TO DETROIT
DETROIT BACK TO NEW YORK
Will hit canada and Florida after that run and document it all under the hood of the car with all of you signing along the way.....
Hemmings/Svtoa/Fast Fords/AutoBlog and others will cover the stories as well as the forum........there is just to much to list .
The end reult will be after 24 months to place "vin 360" in the Henry Ford Museum or the New Museum across the street for all to see and display....
Its all in the works as we speak........so sit back enjoy the ride its gonna be a long one and a fun one too.............Nardo email DBK we are in for the rally!!!!!!!! with a caravan behind us........whos in baby!!!!!!
Dates to follow.......

GTJOEY1314/NARDO CHRIS.........:thumbsup/:thumbsup

***DBK - can you please "Sticky" this???***

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Safe travels, look forward to seeing you at some point in the journey (the beginning?) Will it be at the barn for the GTG's this year? How many miles are on it now? Why aren't you taking Sonic Blue (J/K!!!)? Tell Chris he'll need to get that dollar back he stashed in the cheek, gas is expensive nowadays!!!!!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
What a great adventure! :thumbsup Looking forward to reading, seeing, meeting, touching, (the GT :biggrin) and being a part of this. :usa

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
What, no drive to Alaska?? Jeff with all his miles can't claim Alaska, but Ralphie's car can claim miles in Alaska!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What, no drive to Alaska?? Jeff with all his miles can't claim Alaska, but Ralphie's car can claim miles in Alaska!

Yep - about 30 of them :thumbsup

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
What a great tribute- the ultimate road trip.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
BTW, I guess the major challenge isn't going to be how reliable the car is through the journey, but where you'll be able to put your "baggage"!!!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
WOW! Very cool... Joey, you know the doors are always open here at Carlisle (it better be one of your stops!). I'm pumped for you guys, sounds like a neat deal.

Enjoy the ride,

Lance

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
Should be a fun trip, sorry we couldnt find you a car, be safe.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
What a cool idea. Best wishes as you pursue your dream. Post the route and dates and some of us will surely hook up and cruise with you, even if its just for a few miles.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Wow!!!!!!!!!!....Holy COW!!!!!! It seems I have not yet seen it all.....GTJOEY, I applaude your energy, and your fortitude in this endeavour.......Great luck.....bring a lot of skivvies.....that's about all your gonna fit in that car......Hopefully we'll see you and Chris along the way..........

Gino

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Joey ................... you be crazy brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Finally; Something bigger than the Weiner story !!!!!!!!! This is huge!!! Make sure you mount a cam with real-time streaming onto the dash board!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Lemme guess...you're going to have at least ONE "chase car" (probably a van!) to carry all your stuff?! Or are you just going to keep "Brown" very busy?

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Maybe it will be the first GT with a trailer hitch and you can pull a UHaul :lol:lol:lol

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

This is bigger than what you were hinting at in Carlisle. No one else on the Forum would have the organizational skills to pull off something like this.

Do you have the North American tour dates yet?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Joey:

This is bigger than what you were hinting at in Carlisle. No one else on the Forum would have the organizational skills to pull off something like this.

Do you have the North American tour dates yet?
Will post tonite.....:thumbsup GTJOEY1314/NARDO CHRIS

FordGT4fun

What a huge project, you should plan to attend le Mans Classic on july 2012 before leaving for Asia or doing Asia first and then Europe so that it fit with the le Mans Classic date.
If your route brings you to Alsace or south germany (blackforest) and also Switzerland let me know, you´re welcome.
Regards
Pierre

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Finally; Something bigger than the Weiner story !!!!!!!!!!

What could be bigger than that Weiner? Ha,ha.

Joey, A small trailer for luggage, tools, etc. would be a good idea. If designed to look like a mini-FGT or something streamlined, it wouldn't look out of place behind #360.

Status
Not open for further replies.