anyone know how much a heritage ford gt with 5.8 miles is worth

faried

May 23, 2011
i was looking at another ford gt heritage with 5.8 niles
wanted to know what would be a reasonable and fair offer for the car?

any suggestions?

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Don't know, but cars sitting uncranked for five years not driven I think will start to have issues.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
i was looking at another ford gt heritage with 5.8 niles
wanted to know what would be a reasonable and fair offer for the car?

any suggestions?

faried's profile said:
just bought a heritage ford gt would like info on trouble shooting and mechanical problems. how to set up the car for racing and optimal performance

Are you buying a second one?

faried

May 23, 2011
yes, i want to trade the one i have now, it has alot of miles and wanted one with less. but i'm not sure what i can get for the one i have now. it has about 36000 miles. i don't want to invest alot of money into it when i can get a newer one. but with such low miles i think he would want more than what i am willing to pay. and i don't want to nsult the guy by offering a low bid.

H

HHGT

$225k would be a fare price

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
$225k would be a fare price

Is that the price on yours? How many miles does it have?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I don't recall that Sam's was ever for sale.... unless you have an Enzo that you like to go straight across for.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I don't recall that Sam's was ever for sale.... unless you have an Enzo that you like to go straight across for.

I am sure that for the right price is for sale. The problem is that no one is offering the right price yet. If Sam feels that $225 is a fair price, he may let his go for $250.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hell, at 36,000 miles your engine is just starting to break in. I can't wait to get there!

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am sure that for the right price is for sale. The problem is that no one is offering the right price yet. If Sam feels that $225 is a fair price, he may let his go for $250.

Brilliant!! So insightful! I think you answered your own question.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Brilliant!! So insightful! I think you answered your own question.

Thanks for the compliment! Sometimes I have a flash of genus. That still doesn't answer the 2nd part of the question of how many miles Sam has on that garage queen.

Last edited:

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I have a Heritge with 35 miles and I for one would not let it go for $250K. These cars are coming harder and harder to come by with such few miles.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Thanks for the compliment! Sometimes I have a flash of genus. That still doesn't answer the 2nd part of the question of how many miles Sam has on that garage queen.

I am sure ..less than Sonic Blue........but not much less........:lol

H

HHGT

$235K was offered and turned down. It has never been for sale. 2 years ago, I considered selling the GT when an Enzo went on the market, but the Enzo turned out to be a shady deal.

The Heritage has 151 miles on her and gets started and is allowed to get up to normal operating temperatures on a monthly basis. She gets all her fluids changed (at my workshop) and exactly as recommended by the owners manual courtesy of Kendall & Ryan. This particular Heritage comes with an MSO and has never been titled/registered. Rotation decal is still on the windshield and all the original wrappers & stickers. The dealer I bought it from gave me everything he got with the car including the lottery chip which almost never go on ebay plus much more. The car was incredibly wrapped with clear bra and the only other treatment it has is a set of extra 6 spoke orange painted wheels.

In short, its not for sale even at $250K

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
$235K was offered and turned down. It has never been for sale. 2 years ago, I considered selling the GT when an Enzo went on the market, but the Enzo turned out to be a shady deal.

The Heritage has 151 miles on her and gets started and is allowed to get up to normal operating temperatures on a monthly basis. She gets all her fluids changed (at my workshop) and exactly as recommended by the owners manual courtesy of Kendall & Ryan. This particular Heritage comes with an MSO and has never been titled/registered. Rotation decal is still on the windshield and all the original wrappers & stickers. The dealer I bought it from gave me everything he got with the car including the lottery chip which almost never go on ebay plus much more. The car was incredibly wrapped with clear bra and the only other treatment it has is a set of extra 6 spoke orange painted wheels.

In short, its not for sale even at $250K

Sound like an excellent example that is well cared for. I take it that the car isn't registered in CA, if it is, don't ever let your ECU lose power or you will have to drive it possible hundreds of miles to reset the P1000 code for a CA smog test. :ack

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
How do you keep the power at the ecu, for example, when you replace the battery? thx

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
How much would the last production, US allocated, Heritage, owned by the Ford family with 65 miles be worth? It is not for sale just in for maintenance. Just curious.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
How do you keep the power at the ecu, for example, when you replace the battery? thx

You can hook up a jump box through the cigerette lighter.

They also make a jumper cord that will connect a jump box straight in to the OBD port.

Jeff

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A few pennies....

How much would the last production, US allocated, Heritage, owned by the Ford family with 65 miles be worth? It is not for sale just in for maintenance. Just curious.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Maybe if the gauges crap out on the family car..........

Howard