Another Black GT down

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
God bless hope you are back in a GT soon!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
FUBAR - your a lucky guy. Maybe make your next GT red - just for visability and safety!

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Haunting story..Speedy recovery to you and good things will happen :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mark,

Glad you made it through OK. Your attitude and candor in your brief description of the incident is just another demonstration of the fine gentleman that you are...

Take care and make a speedy recovery.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mark, looking at those pics it makes my stomach turn as I am also a Black GT owner. My best to you for a speedy recovery and getting back on the road with a new gal ASAP.:thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for all the prayers. I was certainly being watched over. I wish it were a heralding story but it's a rather pathetic end to a beautiful GT.

I was on a service road and someone in a POS yugo (or something like that) cut right in front of me. I changed lanes to get around 'her' but she changed lanes again in front of me. So this is when the stupid part of my brain takes over and I goose it to go around her. Temps were about 45-50 so the tires just spun and because I was off camber the car went sideways. I would be willing to bet the farm I wasn't going over 45mph when I lost control. I slide sideways toward the grassy embankment (slowing down the whole time) and then I hit a light pole with a concrete base. It tore that GT right in half.... it broke my leg and 4 bones in my face. All in all I'm lucky to be here.

If any of that sounded bitter, I didn't mean for it too. All I can do is laugh about it. I'm alive and the car will be replaced. I was the only dumbass that got hurt (thank god). Just remember to respect the power of these girls.

I had a retard in a beater here in Fort Worth purposely block me on a four lane road. Took a lot for me to not try to pass him. Met a guy today at the track in Cresson who had been purposely run off the road by a dually truck. There are some incompetent and mean spirited people out there. Glad you are gonna mend. Where did you get taken, hospital wise? I did all my med school and orthopaedic training in Dallas at Parkland. PM me if you need any advice on the medical end. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

AC

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Mark, there is an '05 4 option FGT running on ebay now that is the clone of your former black - silver stripe car. Only 1,000 miles and located in Pensecola, Florida. Maybe one of the Florida GT guys could check it out for you if you are interested. Current bid is $90k, with reserve not met obviously. Could be a good replacement for you if you intend to stay with black. Auction #200172555864

Good luck, usmcfred

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Fubar,
Sorry about this terrible accident. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Rick

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Mark, glad you are okay, it could have been worse, imagine YOU in your yugo trying to pass a gal in HER GT! I wish you a speedy recovery. The car can be replaced and I'm sure will be. Take care.
Vince

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Mark, those pictures just took my breath away, seeing them for the first time today. So great to hear you will recover soon and have the ability to once again enjoy these awesome cars.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Mark

I am glad you are OK. This is really the most important thing.

I can imagine how you might feel. I wrecked my 911 in a very similar way. A guy came out of a hidden driveway to turn left. I swerved to avoid the collision and physics got the best of a 50yr old design.

I ended up agaist a pole after hitting the sidewalk.

Thank God nobody was hurt. I bought back the car from the insurance people and turned into what is to me the ultimate 911....

I wish you'll be able to spin this in a positive way... Good luck

Attachments

• 3.6 wreck.JPG
    3.6 wreck.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 380
  • finished2.jpg
    finished2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 376

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Mark,
Sorry to hear all this. Glad your no "worse for wear." Get well soon.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice work Matteo, that is beautiful. Nice color choice.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Alright guys I need a little advise. I feel like my insurance company is trying to screw me on my car. It's a black/silver '05 with the billet A-Arms, 6,500 miles and all four options. Farmers Ins offered me $155,000

Aftermarket includes: Heffner pulley/tune, Borla Exhaust, Halon fire suppression, Ford Transmission cooler, Stillen Radiator springs, T&A lowering kit... and about a $1000 is other little extras.

Am I just being too proud? I know it had 6500 miles but honestly the only cars I've seen go for $155 are the reds ones (no offense) but they made a lot of those cars in that color. Should I take the money and run or hunker down and sue shit out of everybody?

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

I know it had 6500 miles but honestly the only cars I've seen go for $155 are the reds ones (no offense) but they made a lot of those cars in that color. Should I take the money and run or hunker down and sue shit out of everybody?

No offense and No idea. And that's $155,000 for the Red ones.

Good luck.

Pete S.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Can't you work with your agent to have them take into consideration the extra's? I believe the insurance company will depreciate the performance/add-on items almost 75% immediately after purchase (I don't know how much they would value labor).

Would it be prudent to supply your insurance company with comp's of other GT's recently sold and work at it from that standpoint?

Just doing the math....

$15 - 20K - attorney
$155K - settlement offer
$? - aggravation
$? - time lost not finding your replacement vehicle

does it equal $175K for a potential outcome?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Alright guys I need a little advise. I feel like my insurance company is trying to screw me on my car. It's a black/silver '05 with the billet A-Arms, 6,500 miles and all four options. Farmers Ins offered me $155,000

Aftermarket includes: Heffner pulley/tune, Borla Exhaust, Halon fire suppression, Ford Transmission cooler, Stillen Radiator springs, T&A lowering kit... and about a $1000 is other little extras.

Am I just being too proud? I know it had 6500 miles but honestly the only cars I've seen go for $155 are the reds ones (no offense) but they made a lot of those cars in that color. Should I take the money and run or hunker down and sue shit out of everybody?

MOST insurance companies pay REPLACEMENT value. Go out and give them examples of the market. Tell them to find you ONE (JUST ONE) black FGT with under 8k miles, all 4 options for that price and you will settle. Personally, I think they should pay you around $165k to $170k. Tell them you will not settle for less than $170k and see what they say.....

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Mark,

Give me a call, I have a written appraisal on my black car that you can hand your insurance company if you need to. 175k-180k would be a fair settlement. Unless shelby wants to sell you one for less. :biggrin

S

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys, that's a lot closer to what I was thinking? $165,000.

Shelby, do you find that the cars with billet a-arms go for more? Or is an item most buyers don't know about?

Steve I'll give you a call next week. I would really like to include that report when I go talk to my insurance people.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Shelby, do you find that the cars with billet a-arms go for more? Or is an item most buyers don't know about?.

Most buyers don't even know! You see a that a semi educated buyer pop's up here every now and then on the forum and only asks about the recall of the first 500.....