Another Black GT down

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Nothing against the whities but I have always gone for the darkies.

The black GT was my first. Sense the deflowering, I have only been with that GT and my new blue one.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Nothing against the whities but I have always gone for the darkies.

The black GT was my first. Sense the deflowering, I have only been with that GT and my new blue one.

Sorry for the mixup. Someone in Dallas bought a white one in Feb '06 through Jonathan Peck at RUF, and his name is Mark. Is that kumar? That is the car I heard the bad new about. It had a Bob Ida exhaust. I have thought that was you all along. Senility setting in.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well, it just breaks my heart to see a GT damaged, at least Fubar is alive and not seriously injured. Not sure if there is anything to say to prevent this in the future, but that would probably not be well received. Only can hope we keep what is left of these marvelous automibiles together. Sorry to see this, glad you are okay.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Talking about being lucky and getting out alive...here's in car video from yesterday (Sunday) morning at Motorsports Ranch outside Fort Worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULN9izjoSI

Regular member's day and the car with the camera caught the end over end sommersault of a 996 GT3 Porsche on a parallel part of the track. The driver hung two wheels off in the dirt in the braking zone of a fast corner, turned in, shot across the track sideways and caught the apex curbing causing the car to cartwheel. Both he and his passenger (instructor) walked away. Thank God for roll cages and 6 pt. harnesses. The car is a total writeoff (about $100K). Kind of put a damper on my afternoon at the track. I took it real easy in the GT and went home early.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Fubar -- The Famous GT Owner

Fubar this is a tough crowd. Hang in there big Guy.

They seem to have forgotten all about the stainless pins, rods and screws.

Glad you mended well and have another GT in the corral.

Looking forward to seeing you and your new Gal in Las Vegas.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Sorry for the mixup. Someone in Dallas bought a white one in Feb '06 through Jonathan Peck at RUF, and his name is Mark. Is that kumar? That is the car I heard the bad new about. It had a Bob Ida exhaust. I have thought that was you all along. Senility setting in.
That was my car. Had to get the rear clamshell and passenger side quarter panel replaced but its been back on the road for a while now. Had to wait forever to located a fender panel.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Talking about being lucky and getting out alive...here's in car video from yesterday (Sunday) morning at Motorsports Ranch outside Fort Worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULN9izjoSI

Regular member's day and the car with the camera caught the end over end sommersault of a 996 GT3 Porsche on a parallel part of the track. The driver hung two wheels off in the dirt in the braking zone of a fast corner, turned in, shot across the track sideways and caught the apex curbing causing the car to cartwheel. Both he and his passenger (instructor) walked away. Thank God for roll cages and 6 pt. harnesses. The car is a total writeoff (about $100K). Kind of put a damper on my afternoon at the track. I took it real easy in the GT and went home early.

Wow! Watched that a couple times - missed the end over end the first time. :eek

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know that turn, it is very common for people to go out to far. You have to be really careful going into it because there will either be dirt of the track or the people in front of you will throw dirt all over the place.

I am glad to hear the driver is doing good.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What's the secret to viewing this video??? It doesn't go directly to the video it just shows recent videos.:bang

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like it got removed from youtube. Link doesn't work now even if you search for "GT3 tumble"....sorry!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The old girl did pretty good on the auction block today. She went for $51,000. Not to bad considering...

wreck5.jpg

wreck6.jpg

I noticed that the frame under the engine was cracked pretty good to. Hard to tell what transferred to the block itself.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Fubar-

Do you have any idea what is going to happen to this car? Are they going to try to rebuild it or just use it for parts?

I would like to know about the transaxle in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Is that the value of the engine & tranny?

Or do parts add up to more?

Thought I saw a crate engine for $45k at Ford Racing.com

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I dont know who the buyer is. I would imagine its going to be for parts just because of the amount of damage to the structure but who knows?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Parting it out would be the only smart thing to do. Hell, considering how many parts there are that are still useable, I don't think it was a bad price at all. You got wheels, brakes, interior, some suspension, and various other parts that can fetch a good penny.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I think this car was sold in the houston auction, is this true, does anyone know the owner(current owner) I would like to get in touch w him.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Parting it out would be the only smart thing to do. Hell, considering how many parts there are that are still useable, I don't think it was a bad price at all. You got wheels, brakes, interior, some suspension, and various other parts that can fetch a good penny.

I am sure that the sales of the parts will bring well in excess of the purchase price if one doesn't include the labor needed to part it out.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I hate to see these cars slowly shrinking in numbers due to crashes. It sucks.

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Wow, you better say a little thank you to the man above, luck had nothing to do with this one. Another Black and Silver down ouch. How many does that leave left?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The wheels are toasted and the auction house left the interior open to the elements so I am sure the interior is damaged but the A-Arms are still good...front and back (shocker). I would agree that the buyer will do pretty good. I could see $60 to $70k out of the parts pretty easy... just wait 5 or ten years, that thing will be a gold mine.