Another Black GT down

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Heal up quickly!
Glad you have another gal!
I'm sure you have checked to see what your policy's coverage is on the mods you did.
Good luck on getting a fair settlement.
By any chance are you a SAAC member?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
insurance companies will always try too get out as low as they can. I think if you could get them to settle around 170k it would be benificial to both of you. Is the 161k include paying you for TT&L? Anyway, you will love this blue car! Its a bute!

Reactions: Fubar

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just to wrap up this thread, I thought I would let you guys know that I finally settled on a figure with my insurance company. My appraiser listed 55 reference cars and came up with a value of $188,000 (insert giggle here). Their outside appraiser came up with a figure of $174,000 and they settled at $177,000.

I can't complain... well I could but nobody would listen. If anybody needs my appraiser's number or a copy of my appraisal report just drop me a PM.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
glad I was able to help. I will be happy to help anyone that has wrecked their car settle with their insurance. I can provide several examples of recently sold GTs to help determine replacement value.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Fubar, that's not bad.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
30 mph?! I would think our FGTs are more structurally sound than that.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think they may have been referring to the front end's velocity as it broke free of car. Fubar is one lucky guy, he is still in one piece, good insurance payout and back into another GT.

:cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well get in line, nobody else believes me either. The police report states I was traveling at a high rate of speed. Funny that the cop would know that sense I was the only person who could give testimony. There were no skid marks (except for my underwear). If I were going make up a story... it would have started at 175mph and involved a flaming bus load of nuns.

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I would have guessed that these cars had a "black box" chip that records throttle position, speed, rpm, etc for doing accident forensics. Anyhow Fubar, have you found out what's going to happen to your old car - fix or part out ? I would hope that if Farmers wouldn't credit you for your modifications that they would give you the chance to remove the good stuff. It looks pretty intact from the doors back. I wish you a speedy recovery.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I would have guessed that these cars had a "black box" chip that records throttle position, speed, rpm, etc for doing accident forensics. Anyhow Fubar, have you found out what's going to happen to your old car - fix or part out ? I would hope that if Farmers wouldn't credit you for your modifications that they would give you the chance to remove the good stuff. It looks pretty intact from the doors back. I wish you a speedy recovery.

They do have a "black box" It tells you about it in your owners manual.:thumbsdow

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Fubar,
After 2 GT's totaled, have you had to look for new insurance? It may not show up until your renewal time. Hope your recovery has gone well.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
2 crashed, I think only 1 was crashed. thankfully Mark has returned to the ownership fold and has recovered.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fubar,
After 2 GT's totaled, have you had to look for new insurance? It may not show up until your renewal time. Hope your recovery has gone well.

I haven't made any plans for crashing my new GT but I'm sure my insurance company is nervous. No hike yet :confused

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
2 crashed, I think only 1 was crashed. thankfully Mark has returned to the ownership fold and has recovered.

I thought Mark's original white one from California got totaled on Central Expressway. I heard that from a friend that sold it to him, but if it was bad info mybad.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
WHen did Mark have a white one? Didn't know that...mark you've been holding out on us!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Glad to hear that Mark was into white meat...

White FGT's are special.... But once you go black you never go back,... Right Shelby!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

White FGT's are special.... But once you go black you never go back,... Right Shelby!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

B O N Y, you should be more sensitive and politically correct in you posts. Our next president may be offended by your remarks. :ack

As you know, the NSA reads all of these car forums looking for terrorist.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As you know, the NSA reads all of these car forums looking for terrorist.

Naaaah. They're too busy making sure airline passengers don't exceed 3-1/2 ounces of shampoo in any one given bottle.

(Speaking of that, here's what's bugged me from "day one" about that goofy requirement: WHAT prevents a person from bringing four or more, 3-1/2 oz bottles of Kaaboom! juice aboard in a lil' plactic sandwich bag...taking his lil' plastic sandwich bag with these 4-5 bottles into the head ...mixing the 4-5 together in "the lil room" ... and setting 'em off? Surely I'm not the only person on the planet who's thought of this. :lol Krymuny. This kinda stuff would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous.)