Another Black GT down

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Glad you are well enough to do the short post..... hope you feel better soon.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Godspeed .....

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Fubar, SH_T happens to all of us from time to time, but that is ridiculous! Thank God you got out of that wreck in one piece and get well soon!

usmcfred

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Hope your recovery leaves you better than new. In ten years, this will be a great story and another adventure in your life. Thank heaven you are alright.

All the best.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mark,... I'm speechless.
Your in my prayers for a full recovery.
God Bless you. Let us know if we can help you and yours.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Fubar, you are blessed if you walked away from that one, and we're all blessed that your here. Your GT gave her life for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Fubar,
I just logged on, and I am speechless.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Manny

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
feel better, thank goodness you OK, Speedy recovery!!!!

Mg

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Glad you're ok. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Mike

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks for all the prayers. I was certainly being watched over. I wish it were a heralding story but it's a rather pathetic end to a beautiful GT.

I was on a service road and someone in a POS yugo (or something like that) cut right in front of me. I changed lanes to get around 'her' but she changed lanes again in front of me. So this is when the stupid part of my brain takes over and I goose it to go around her. Temps were about 45-50 so the tires just spun and because I was off camber the car went sideways. I would be willing to bet the farm I wasn't going over 45mph when I lost control. I slide sideways toward the grassy embankment (slowing down the whole time) and then I hit a light pole with a concrete base. It tore that GT right in half.... it broke my leg and 4 bones in my face. All in all I'm lucky to be here.

If any of that sounded bitter, I didn't mean for it too. All I can do is laugh about it. I'm alive and the car will be replaced. I was the only dumbass that got hurt (thank god). Just remember to respect the power of these girls.

Last edited:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
We're all just glad to hear you're alive and recovering.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Death to all Yugos!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
So this is when the stupid part of my brain takes over and I goose it to go around her. ....... and then I hit a light pole with a concrete base. It tore that GT right in half. Just remember to respect the power of these girls.

Before I read your response, was just thinking the same thing. About a week ago I was pissed at someone that kept getting in my way. At the left turn (when her in front) went a little on the heavy foot to go by. That was stupid. The cars are tough enough in a straight line. I didn't loose it, but when I looked back I thought that was pretty stupid. That same type of "moment of being pissed" does not belong in a GT.

Isn't it amazing how these cars seem to find poles?

Here's hoping for a quick return to a GT saddle :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... Sometimes you eats th' bear ...'n' sometimes th' bear eats YOU...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Omigod. Glad that you are doing good.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Fubar,

Glad your ok, hoping for a speedy recovery. Fgt's can be replaced, we can never be.

Get well soon,

Gino

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Shake it off.... we're all glad you're ok and SORRY MAN!!:cheers

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
In the name of the father

son

and the holy spirit.........

Amen

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Recuperation B-J

Mark,

Holy mackrel!! :eek I'm happy you're still on the right side of the grass and able to type a note to your extended GT family. You've got 60 days to recover, then haul your newly mended body out to Arizona and spend a few days at Barrett Jackson with us. Dinner and drinks are on me Mark. I'm glad you're okay bro.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mark, I wish you a complete mend and recovery. I hope everyone reads your incident report. Your in my prayers.