an odd situation at Starbucks

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This is the reason I don't take my car "shopping" unless my wife happens to be along and one of us can stay with it.

'Could not agree more. None of my $$$$$$$ cars are ever left unattended anywhere (except in my garage, of course...and even there they are 'attended' electronically)

'Just too many LOOOOOOZERS in society today.

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
This reminded me of an incident that happened at a local car show with one of my customer's Shelby's. Typical parking lot car show, and my customer's hood is open on his 2009 GT500. A passer by casually stops in front of the car, sits down on the front end, and places his slice of pizza and Coke on top of the supercharger. I guess he really needed a rest, and maybe assumed the Kenne Bell supercharger would keep his pizza warm? My customer "calmly" approached the man, politely asked him WTF he was doing, and could he please remove himself and his food from the car. Simple request, but the guy came unglued and for some reason thought it perfectly fine to violate someone else's car. Luckily nothing came of it, but these kinds of actions make me wonder about some people and I truly believe that society as a whole is getting dumber by the day.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This reminded me of an incident that happened at a local car show with one of my customer's Shelby's. Typical parking lot car show, and my customer's hood is open on his 2009 GT500. A passer by casually stops in front of the car, sits down on the front end, and places his slice of pizza and Coke on top of the supercharger. I guess he really needed a rest, and maybe assumed the Kenne Bell supercharger would keep his pizza warm? My customer "calmly" approached the man, politely asked him WTF he was doing, and could he please remove himself and his food from the car. Simple request, but the guy came unglued and for some reason thought it perfectly fine to violate someone else's car. Luckily nothing came of it, but these kinds of actions make me wonder about some people and I truly believe that society as a whole is getting dumber by the day.

Horrific, but for some reason, I can't stop laughing. So absurd!

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
Horrific, but for some reason, I can't stop laughing. So absurd!

Yeah, we actually found it quite humorous after the fact as well. From then on out, whenever we went to a show, we would make a habit of putting random food items on the cars (as in our own cars) and snapping a few photos.
Food on Blowers thread....
http://mustangcanada.com/forums/photochopshop/10658-food-blowers.html

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Mullholand Dr

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I've seen (unintentional) bad behaviors at some of the airshows I've brought my jet to. Kids will sometimes try to hang from a pitot tube (like a monkey bar) or other part of the plane. I always very politely tell the kids that besides being very expensive parts, there is a safety aspect to damaging an airplane. Sometimes the parents seem quite affronted that their kids can't do any damn thing they desire. Very sad watching the complete lack of control shown by some parents....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So am I to understand this dude was literally pouring coffee all over the car? Or was he just carelessly sloshing coffee around and it was getting on the GT?

I was at the last Indy F1 race with Camilo and we took both our GTs down. We parked them in the driveway of a buddy that lives across from IMS. He fills his whole property with cars for like $20 a car. We came back and some nimrod was using my car as a coaster. I don't think a Pepsi is going to melt the paint, but I wouldn't do that to someone else's Kia Rio, let alone a $160k car. I said "seriously dude? WTF?" and he just gave me the "Oh sorry" and took it off.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
So am I to understand this dude was literally pouring coffee all over the car? Or was he just carelessly sloshing coffee around and it was getting on the GT?

I was at the last Indy F1 race with Camilo and we took both our GTs down. We parked them in the driveway of a buddy that lives across from IMS. He fills his whole property with cars for like $20 a car. We came back and some nimrod was using my car as a coaster. I don't think a Pepsi is going to melt the paint, but I wouldn't do that to someone else's Kia Rio, let alone a $160k car. I said "seriously dude? WTF?" and he just gave me the "Oh sorry" and took it off.

Pepsi, Coke, carbonated soft drinks in general are acidic and corrosive. People use it to clean rust off battery terminals. Coffee isn't any more benign. Imagine what that stuff will do to a clear coat.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Pepsi, Coke, carbonated soft drinks in general are acidic and corrosive. People use it to clean rust off battery terminals. Coffee isn't any more benign. Imagine what that stuff will do to a clear coat.

Just a little phosphoric acid. It works well taking off water spots. However I wouldn't use it unless it was really necessary.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I was paranoid enough about my car but after reading these posts I'm even more paranoid!

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX

He poured a good bit of coffee on it, completely on purpose!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
He poured a good bit of coffee on it, completely on purpose!
Scumbag! :thumbsdown

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Next time someone carry a baseball bat and beat someone like tht to deathhhhhh !!!! Sorry to hear tht @@

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
I've seen (unintentional) bad behaviors at some of the airshows I've brought my jet to. Kids will sometimes try to hang from a pitot tube (like a monkey bar) or other part of the plane. I always very politely tell the kids that besides being very expensive parts, there is a safety aspect to damaging an airplane. Sometimes the parents seem quite affronted that their kids can't do any damn thing they desire. Very sad watching the complete lack of control shown by some parents....

Couldn't agree more. Had my CSX 4000 Cobra at a local show and came back to find a three-year old standing (barefoot) on the side pipes looking into the car. This of course with Mom standing right there, being the over-indulgent weekend parent that I'm sure she was, saying nothing. I ask junior to get off the car an Mom unleashes, suggesting that if I'm so particular I should not bring the car out. I told her that it was too bad her little darling hadn't stepped up on those pipes barefoot two hours earlier. I know, not the kid's fault, but that would have been a true "learning moment" for both of them.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
I would love to meet the duchebag that spilled coffee on ur car it would have been his last time he tasted coffee

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
At a big car show here in the N.W. about 15-20 years ago, some scumbag ran a key down the entire side of a g-o-r-g-o-u-s candy burgundy '37(?) Chevy that had just come out of the paint shop 2 days earlier. THE GUY WAS CAUGHT IN THE ACT, and somehow or another he managed to fall down a flight of stairs before the LEOs arrived.

Given the fact that the car show venue was a tree-dotted grassy field, one wouldn't think that could happen...but somehow it did.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
This world has it's share of mean, spiteful people. I'm sorry that they choose to live their lives in an unmeaningful way. I'm happy that there are many kind, cheerful people that make our world a better place. Peace to all.

Ed

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I was at Road America for the vintage races with my GT and I parked the car next to a classic vette and when everyone came over to see my car he yelled out "hey how much is the mortgage pmt . I said none I own it. He got pissed and came over and tried to sit on my fender for a fake photo. I got in his face and almost went to blows screaming at him. His son wearing a MMA mask came over to fight his battle. I told him you should be embarrassed if your his son and you should know better . He backed down. The crowd was on my side lol. Another . 2 days ago I parked in front of a restaurant I eat at and sat outside next to the car. I always keep my keys ready and hit the panic button if someone touches the car but this time the car in front of me left leaving one small spot for someone to parallel park. Sure enough 1 min later a car filled with kids pull up with a kid sleeping in the rear and a chick driving. She backed up like 5mph to park I panicked so I hit the panic button and she stopped after doing the best 5 mph parallel parking job I had ever seen. True storie she jumps out of the car saying I had it and I am best at parallel parking walked over sat at our table and finished her beer in her hand. Yes I was nervous.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sadly this seems to be the world we live in! common sense in no longer common.

however im pretty sure there is a law that allows you to beat a man into a pulp for pouring coffee on your car. at least in TEXAS there is ;)

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I believe in FL, you could shoot someone for that too!