24 Heures du Mans - Ford GT Forum Style

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Tim -

I believe the "welcome office" office is at the Rotunda in the "Expositions" location where shows, similar to car show, SEMA, etc, are held. It's close to the track.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ralphie,

Make sure you visit, Pointe du Hoc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointe_du_Hoc . Col James E. Rudder and his 225 Army Rangers took the pointe and its 500 ft cliff at 6 AM on D-Day, hand to hand combat, only 90 survived, but they knock out the German observation point and enabled the invasion to proceed.

Arromanche, is an amazing place. East of Point du Hoc and Colleville sur Mer. It is where the British dropped the "Mullberry Harbors", to dock the ships. In 1993 there were still some remains in the ocean. Restaurant on the harbor, called "La Marine" http://www.hotel-de-la-marine.fr/offres_fr.html , I was there 17 years ago, they have the bluest lobsters I had ever seen, from the North Sea. An excellent place to enjoy some afternoon dining. There is also a museum both at St. Mere Iglaise and at Caen. No German flag flies at the Caen museum http://www.sacred-destinations.com/france/caen-memorial . 80 km of invation beaches to visit. When driving through you will see the stone walls between each farm, and apple grove. Allies had to take wall after wall. Probably the most memorable day I have ever spent in my life, was the day I toured the 80 km of Normandy.

My father landed on Utah, first day!

EJ

Remember this, Normandy boasts the best milk, cream, and the best butter in the world, hence they claim to have the best cheese. Two kinds of soft cheeses, Camembert comes from Normandy, its ripenest depends on how soft it is. More ripe the softer. Brie is similar to Camembert, but comes from Ille de France (southeast of Paris). and is not as strong. Both Camembert and Brie come from the curd portion of milk.

Just a little cheese 101 from a Side Door art donor ! See you on the 25th.

Last edited:

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Been watching from the start on Speed. Nothing said/mentioned about return of Ford GT in interviews/coverage before race, nothing covered as Maytech leads GT1 for at least a couple of hours, have had pics of Maytech car at various times during broadcast-what's the problem with these idiots?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Too much hype on Audi and Peugeot for me. Tomy

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
@ 3 hr. mark Matech cars run 1st (26th overall) and 4th in class. And currently ahead of the Corvettes in GT2. Need to stay in the race its a long one. :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Finally a little coverage on the #61 GT as its in garage with electrical problem. At least Speed noticed it.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
They were talking about female drivers and said there have been few but there was one in the 1935 race! :eek :thumbsup

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Matech 60 IN CRASH AND IN GARAGE

Just woke up and logged onto Speed internet site and saw tail end of report showing Matech #60 car in a wreck and now back in the garage for repairs. :frown :willy

Sounded like someone else hit the car, but not sure as coverage has now stopped on the their internet site. Also looked like the Matech driver was OK.

It's almost 5:30 am in Jakarta and feel asleep watching at around 12:30 last night on EuroSports cable.

Hope the team can get the car repaired and back out on the track. They were having a fantastic run from what I saw.

Good luck to Matech and stay safe! :banana:banana:banana

Magic

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
starving for info in the bahamas with no tv... any updates????

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Matech #60 car was in for pitstop than they pulled it into the garage. Chrono shows it still in pits, but one internet site says the car has been retired for engine problems. Hope not. :frown

Magic

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Seems to be an oil pressure failure - car 60 has been retired - Ralphie

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
#60 ran well for 13 hours and 5 minutes.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
8:46 PST, P1 - Pueg, Audi, Audi, Pueg.

GT1 Last I saw Matech 5, 7

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
Who won the GT1 class? I hope it was an American car company

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Saleen S7

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
I don't believe they got any big buck sponsorship like the Vette boys did with the deep pockets of corporate GM.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I don't believe they got any big buck sponsorship like the Vette boys did with the deep pockets of corporate GM.

What deep pockets? I thought GM was went bankrupt and that money was tight. Now I know where my quarterly estimate payments went to! :thumbsdow

Last edited:

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
How deep do you think Saleen's is?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Steve Saleen had nothing to do with support. It was a privateer, just the same as Matech and the Ferraris running there. Seems to me the only factory sponsors there were Audi and Peugeut.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Steve Saleen had nothing to do with support. It was a privateer, just the same as Matech and the Ferraris running there. Seems to me the only factory sponsors there were Audi and Peugeut.

& Corvette, in GT2 - not the GT1 cars