Washington State
Beautiful country!!

AMEN to that!

But, TOO DARN MUCH SNOW for faaar too much of the time! :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Arrived Early

Arrived in Le Mans this evening about 8 pm, but didn't have a GPS to find the château, so I booked a room at a local motel. Hooked up the computer and located it on Google Maps, about 10 miles away but just off the road I'm staying on. After checking in, I drove out and met Kathi, our host - very nice lady. I'll drive out in the morning and check in. Nice digs! and very nice people. :thumbsup

Joe Dozzo is there already, but wasn't there when I arrived. So, in typical Swiss/French fashion, I drove back to my dive, picking up a bottle (and a glass) of the local wine (a Saumer Champigny) and returned to my room to imbibe a little.

:cheers

H

HHGT

Imbibe:

Main Entry: im·bibe
Pronunciation: \im-ˈbīb\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): im·bibed; im·bib·ing
Etymology: Middle English enbiben to absorb, cause to absorb, from Latin imbibere to drink in, absorb, from in- + bibere to drink — more at potable
Date: 14th century

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I know it's still Saturday in the US, but I woke up early this morning to a tremendous thunderstorm with lots of lightning flashes - rather poignant as it's D-Day anniversary, June 6. Was thinking of the boys 66 years ago landing at Omaha and Utah beaches. After the race, I'm going up to the memorials at the beaches.

One of the roads from the château to the track is "Boulevard du General Patton" :usa

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If it's any consolation, tornadoes here in Northern IL with big storms. We're racing in Joliet Monday the 7th, but weather is supposed to be perfect.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
You should speak with the man who has organised your accommodation, Stuart...he can give you all the information you need to see the World War 2 bits and pieces. He'll be here with Matech and would be delighted to assist you.

Incredible thunderstorms last night....no lightning bolts visible, just the whole sky lit up for several hours.

15C and overcast, lots of moisture in the air this morning. Finishing set up of the pit and the hospitality, then scrutineering this afternoon in town.

Matech GT1

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
You should speak with the man who has organised your accommodation, Stuart...he can give you all the information you need to see the World War 2 bits and pieces. He'll be here with Matech and would be delighted to assist you.

Incredible thunderstorms last night....no lightning bolts visible, just the whole sky lit up for several hours.

15C and overcast, lots of moisture in the air this morning. Finishing set up of the pit and the hospitality, then scrutineering this afternoon in town.

Matech GT1

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
This is so exciting. Good luck to you guys and thanks to all you troopers for making the trek out there. If by chance I can make it there; I will for a dayon my way back from Athens. Regardless, I am there in spirit and rooting for MATECH. ,:cheers

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
After the race, I'm going up to the memorials at the beaches.

If you only have time for one stop, walk around the military cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer. Its an experience you won't forget. You've seen it in Saving Private Ryan and many other movies but being there is different.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Eiffel Tower

Gentlemen,

I'm posting from the top of the Eiffel Tower. There are at least 600 guys at the bottom of this thing trying to sell me a miniature version of this structure. I'm leaving for LeMans in 12 hours. Screw Paris! I'd rather be imbibing with Ralphie at the track!! :cheers.

Chip

FordGT4fun

posting from the Eiffel tower is very unsual Chip. enjoy your stay in Paris. I will arrive at le Mans on thursday afternoon. Hope to see you there an the rest of the group even if i have to stay only at the village. How many of you are still arrived now?
Wish you a pleasant stay, enjoy french wine and food
see you soon
regards
Pierre

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Alright show-off, so where's the pictures of all the chicks?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You'll have to wait.

Alright show-off, so where's the pictures of all the chicks?

Frank,

All I have is my iPhone so I can't post pics till I get home, but I won't dissapoint you! V & I met up with Dave & Francesca at the Arc De Triomphe and we had a nice dinner at an outdoor cafe. They are going to the Louvre today and I'm heading for LeMans. I have Matech passes with me for early arrivals. This is gonna be a great week!
:banana

Chip

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Outdoor cafe? Look at art? You must be eating quiche!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
200+ MPH to LeMans.....

......on a train!!! :eek. Amazing, this frigging thing hauls ass. Bizarrely smooth, no seat belts and huge comfy seats with work tables. Paris to LeMans in less than 1 hour and the tickets are so cheap (36 euros) it's almost free. The wildest thing is having another train going the other direction at 200 mph 3 feet from your window. :eek. You can feel the shockwave of air as it blasts past like a giant cannon round. Beautiful countryside.

I still can't believe I'm here and that the Ford GT is really going back to the 24 hours. Too cool. This is almost as good as watching Ray go 269.9 mph!

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Steven.

Steven,

I've tried to call you but all I get is voicemail. We're at the rotunda. Call my cell phone please.

Chip

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I am leaving today for Germany and will be in Lemans sometime friday. My cell is 404 308 5652. George Hussey

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Mr. Beck A pic of our names on the GT would be cool.
Is Dave with you or is he back? Need to send him some cash

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tickets

FYI, if anyone there may be able to offer any advise. I bought race and parking tickets on May 11 and have the receipt, ACO membership, etc., but no tickets. I have e-mailed tickets@lemans.org, ACO and receive no reply. I called their office, and it only is answered with a recording and hangs up. I am hoping that I can show my receipt at their office and pick up tickets at will call. If anyone has any advise let me know. I would hate to thow away hundreds of dollars and a trip to France to find out I can't get in.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Problem Solved

I finally got through to the ticket office by figuring out how to get out of the voice mail loop. I can pick up tickets at their welcome office. See you there.