24 Heures du Mans - Ford GT Forum Style

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Pierre

Merci! I'll start to coordinate the plane schedule with the train schedule, and hope the logistics work out such that I'll have at least 6-7 hours at the race.

Ed

hello,

here the information for Ed. you will take the train in Paris at Gare Montparnasse to Le mans at Gare du Mans (time max 2h30). From the Gare du Mans you can take the local tramway to the track.
I hope i could help if you need more infos drop me a message
regards

Pierre

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
hello,
just read the thread about Le Mans and it remembers me 2008 where a group of the forum tried attending at le Mans Classic with the FGTs.You will take the train in Paris at Gare Montparnasse to Le mans at Gare du Mans (time max 2h30). From the Gare du Mans you can take the local tramway to the track.
regardsQUOTE]

Pierre,

Thank you, that is very helpful. The LeMans website indicated that there was a high-speed rail connection from the station at CDG airport to LeMans. Do you know if this is true? It is shown as a 54 minute trip on the high-speed rail.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
hello,
just read the thread about Le Mans and it remembers me 2008 where a group of the forum tried attending at le Mans Classic with the FGTs. I was in touch (email) for helping and giving infos with bony, chris, kevin and others . Unfortunately it was to difficult with the logistik so the plan was canceled.
I´m happy to see that there will be a group of Fgt enthusiast attending the 24 H of le Mans 2010 . I will try to be there also for both events 24H and the Classics. I will have to check if its fit with my schedule.
It would be a pleasure for me meeting some of you and of course if i can help with information just let me know.

here the information for Ed. you will take the train in Paris at Gare Montparnasse to Le mans at Gare du Mans (time max 2h30). From the Gare du Mans you can take the local tramway to the track.
regards

Pierre

P.S: will Brian (Stormcat) also be part of the group?

Hey Pierre,
I am going to try to come. It is not 100%. It would be great to see you on your Home Soil ...:biggrin

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Brian, (Monsieur Tempête Chat...or shall I call you...Monsieur "Chat Venteux"?)

You really need to try to make it!!! It would be a blast to have all the "old gang" there!!!

By the way, your name "Storm Cat" doesn't translate well into French!:thumbsup

FordGT4fun

hello,
just read the thread about Le Mans and it remembers me 2008 where a group of the forum tried attending at le Mans Classic with the FGTs.You will take the train in Paris at Gare Montparnasse to Le mans at Gare du Mans (time max 2h30). From the Gare du Mans you can take the local tramway to the track.
regardsQUOTE]

Pierre,

Thank you, that is very helpful. The LeMans website indicated that there was a high-speed rail connection from the station at CDG airport to LeMans. Do you know if this is true? It is shown as a 54 minute trip on the high-speed rail.

Hello Tim,
I just checked on the french train booking system about a connection from Paris CDG to le Mans with TGV ( high speed train) but unfortunately the booking for june is not yet available but i made a simulation for next week an this work so its true that you can take the TGV from CDG direct to Le Mans ( time about 90min ). It could be possible that for the 24h race event the SNCF (train company) will add special train but for now its not avaible.
I hope i could help
regards

Pierre

FordGT4fun

Hey Pierre,
I am going to try to come. It is not 100%. It would be great to see you on your Home Soil ...:biggrin

Hi brian,
Nice to hear from you . It would be great if you could attend to le Mans.
so do your best think about the spirit of the 24H and come.
hope to meet you again in June
regards

Pierre

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I am out...cannot get the needed days from my busy schedule. My desires unfortunately take second place to my job demands. Stu

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian, (Monsieur Tempête Chat...or shall I call you...Monsieur "Chat Venteux"?)

You really need to try to make it!!! It would be a blast to have all the "old gang" there!!!

By the way, your name "Storm Cat" doesn't translate well into French!:thumbsup

Thanks for the Heads up !! ... I'll go with Brian ...:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How about "la ouragan feline."

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Reservations

I have currently booked my flights as follows:

To Europe:
Lv: Los Angeles (LAX), May 27, 7:25 pm, SwissAir Flight LX 41
Arr: Zurich (ZRH), May 28, 3:45 pm
Lv: Zurich (ZRH), May 28, 4:50 pm, SwissAir Flight LX 2808
Arr: Geneva (GVA), May 28, 5:40 pm

Return to USA:
Lv: Geneva (GVA), June 24, 11:05 am, SwissAir Flight LX 2809
Arr: Zurich (ZRH), June 24. 12:00 Noon
Lv: Zurich (ZRH), June 24, 1:10 pm, SwissAir Flight LX 40
Arr: Los Angeles (LAX), June 24, 4:40 pm

I also have rented a Ford Focus C-Max or equivalent (medium size 4-door) from Avis-Europe, which I will pickup in Geneva and have during the duration of my stay.

Please let me know regarding any group reservations (times and place) for our group.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi brian,
Nice to hear from you . It would be great if you could attend to le Mans.
so do your best think about the spirit of the 24H and come.
hope to meet you again in June
regards

Pierre

I'll be in touch !! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, Ralphie, a whole month in Europe? What will your girlfriends do?

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
How about "la ouragan feline."

I think Brian's right, stick with "Brian", I'm not sure if I like the literal translation: "Hurricane Feline" or "Blowy Cat" better?!?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Man this is way tooooo exciting!!!!:banana Sends chills up my spine. :eek

I don't think my schedule and family commitments in June will permit me to go :frown but I would love too!

I too will happily donate $500.00 to have the car where a FGT Forum sponsor sticker!!!!! :cheers:thumbsup Chip/DBK where to I send the $$$$$?

Man, this is great!

:thumbsup

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I noticed that many Forum members have the money :thumbsup but not the time :thumbsdow to go to Le Mans this year. I'm here to help. I have the time but not the money so if anyone gives me their money I will go and represent them. I will even pretend to be them, take lots of pictures and prepare a full written report. Any takers?

P.S. I am capable of representing more than one Forum-ista so don't hold back just because you are afraid that someone else may have beaten you to the punch.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Interesting concept but somehow I don't think it will be a big seller. :wink

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Interesting concept but somehow I don't think it will be a big seller. :wink

Maybe if I threw in the Ginsu knives?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Hmmm. Maybe :lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Maybe if I threw in the Ginsu knives?

Hilo - you need to include your Chia Pet Collection and a dozen Shamu towels for good measure.:cheers

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
New MATECH FGT1 site (if you haven't seen it yet)

http://www.matech-competition.ch/:thumbsup

Last edited: