ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Head Honcho

Chip, thanks for heading up this once in a lifetime event.

George,

DBK has the lead on this trip although I am happy to take on any assigned task. As was the case at the last Rally, Dave is the man, I am just the mouth! :biggrin

Chip

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Thanks.....

OK Chip, now Dave, Keep us posted..........GO BLU

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
George,

DBK has the lead on this trip although I am happy to take on any assigned task. As was the case at the last Rally, Dave is the man, I am just the mouth! :biggrin

Chip

Hey bullshit! I just said I'd make a thread after talking to you on the phone! If you weren't so fired up to go, I know I wouldn't be! :cheers :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Hey bullshit! I just said I'd make a thread after talking to you on the phone! If you weren't so fired up to go, I know I wouldn't be! :cheers :biggrin

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OK.....I'm back in the lead..........I think........I'm not really sure...:lol

Here's what I am sure of. I'm going. I would like to be at the track on Thursday, June 10 to watch some testing and invade the Matech pit area. It looks like we will have more than enough participants to make this work.

Here's what else I know for sure. Everybody that's going will have to send money very soon ($2000 to $3000) before we take down accommodations and procure grandstand tickets in a good location. Be prepared for that as a delay in payment will not be acceptable.

We are on a short fuse here and hopefully Matech will let us know ASAP about any help they'll be able to provide with our accommodations in LeMans.

Let's get this show on the road! :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
I'm keeping an eye on this thread, and will assist wherever possible in providing information regarding places to stay. I've sent details of 3 places to DBK ranging from a 9 room country house to a 21 room chateau. The only issue is that venues expect a 9 day rental.

As regards invading the Matech area....bring it on!

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
awesome Dave.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
SteveN/maytech/dbk, just got in from the city, I have the model a nationals at the same time. is there a way to donate or sponsor to be a part on a fender or so? gtjoey :thumbsup

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Dave/Chip
I broke the news to Rose and we'll be at the 24 Heures du Mans :banana Please include us in the chateau accommodations. Likely be in the area for 10 days.
John

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
SteveN/maytech/dbk, just got in from the city, I have the model a nationals at the same time. is there a way to donate or sponsor to be a part on a fender or so? gtjoey :thumbsup

Hi GTJOEY, great to hear from you. A shame you can't make it to the race. Its probably best to speak with DBK or Chip regards sponsorship as I understand they are looking at it from a forum perspective...unless you had something else in mind.

Regards,
Steve

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
20,000 Euros is 27,222.49(US) based on todays conversion. Wonder how many people we could get on the forum to sign up.. Maybe Camilo could do a design.

Stu

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Been checking schedule, now I'm about 99% sure that at least Kim and I will be there. Just waiting to see if Garrett can gain access to the internet to complete college school work. Does anyone have any insights into how "easy" or "difficult" internet access will be during our trip?

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Been checking schedule, now I'm about 99% sure that at least Kim and I will be there. Just waiting to see if Garrett can gain access to the internet to complete college school work. Does anyone have any insights into how "easy" or "difficult" internet access will be during our trip?

I was able to get on last year in Paris, I wouldn,t say it was easy however.
Im sure there will be a way but im 99% sure it wont happen at the track unless you have some inside help.
My black berry tour worked flawlessly in Egypt and London last month and im sure it will work in France but it would be a real challenge to actually use it for college work.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii

Hey Tim,

We had no trouble four years ago signing onto the internet from anywhere we traveled in France. That includes barges, trains, hotels and restaurants. Garrett should be able to get by just fine.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
And in some of the places I have been sent there is wifi access too.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
need advice from my European friends on LeMans logistics

Hi

As I've previoulsy mentioned, I plan on attending this year's LeMans, but, as it turns out, I need to work out a realy tight schedule because my daughter's middle-school graduation is on the 11th here in California. Since France is 9 hours ahead of me, and assuming we'll depart for Paris on the night of the 11th, we'll be arriving Paris in the late afternoon of the 12th and I'll hop on the train for LeMans and get there by late night of the 12th or morning of 13th.

The advice I need is (for those of you who have done it) from which train station do I take the train, Gare du Nord; Gare Montparnasse; or Gare du Lyon? What is the exact name of the destination/town I need to buy tix for, LeMans or Sarthe? How long is the train ride? And, lastly, how to get to the track from the train station?

I need to make sure all the LeMans-logistic is lined up before I book the LeMans leg of our family vacation.

Man, why isn't her graduation on the 9th or the 10th instead.......:confused:lol I hate to miss LeMans this year again, as we attended the British GP last year (see how the timing and location of many of my family vacations "coincidentally" happen to be around some big race :biggrin), but I didn't check the date for the 24 hrs race.... Missed it by a week!

Thx

Ed

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
You realise that the race starts at 3pm on the 12th - French time? Thought I'd better confirm....as it appears you would miss the start.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
You realise that the race starts at 3pm on the 12th - French time? Thought I'd better confirm....as it appears you would miss the start.

Yes, I realize I'll miss the start. However, I figure since I'm going to be in France anyway and will be so close to the race I'll have at least a few hours to take in the sights and sounds, and to cheer on & say hi to your Matech Team!!!

Ed

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
On the bubble. Looks like there might be a few other 5th wheels so that helps. There's no one on the radar currently that warrants an invite, but that's still 4 months away! :lol

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My probability score just went from 99% to 99.9% (It will be 100 once the reservations are made). I am leaning heavily towards staying at the Hilton near Charles DeGaule airport. It offers all the internet and business amenities we need, is close to the train station (54 minutes to LeMans). We may very well start our trip in London and get our "make-good" tour of Goodwood from Rolls Royce, then take the Eurostar to Paris on June 9th. We've got some logistics to work out, but it is looking promising.

FordGT4fun

hello,
just read the thread about Le Mans and it remembers me 2008 where a group of the forum tried attending at le Mans Classic with the FGTs. I was in touch (email) for helping and giving infos with bony, chris, kevin and others . Unfortunately it was to difficult with the logistik so the plan was canceled.
I´m happy to see that there will be a group of Fgt enthusiast attending the 24 H of le Mans 2010 . I will try to be there also for both events 24H and the Classics. I will have to check if its fit with my schedule.
It would be a pleasure for me meeting some of you and of course if i can help with information just let me know.

here the information for Ed. you will take the train in Paris at Gare Montparnasse to Le mans at Gare du Mans (time max 2h30). From the Gare du Mans you can take the local tramway to the track.
I hope i could help if you need more infos drop me a message
regards

Pierre

P.S: will Brian (Stormcat) also be part of the group?