Please edit the link to remove the :thumbsup from the link! :frown

:cheers

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I noticed that many Forum members have the money :thumbsup but not the time :thumbsdow to go to Le Mans this year. I'm here to help. I have the time but not the money so if anyone gives me their money I will go and represent them. I will even pretend to be them, take lots of pictures and prepare a full written report. Any takers?

P.S. I am capable of representing more than one Forum-ista so don't hold back just because you are afraid that someone else may have beaten you to the punch.

Dave, you are BRILLIANT!:thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We're officially IN.

I made my plane reservations to Paris today. Garrett, Kim and I are flying into Paris on June 9th, arriving in the morning, then off to London Monday morning the 14th after the race. JBG and his lovely wife will likely hang with us for much of the trip. I'm sticking to my plan posted earlier with plans to commute in and out of Paris. I need an absolute guarantee that I can have access to the internet and a business center at a modern hotel to make it work for us, as Garrett needs to get his college school work done daily and I have an IPO launching around that time and need to be available by phone and e-mail fairly frequently. I plan to stay near Charles deGaulle airport at the Hilton or Marriott and take the TGV train to LeMans (They say its 54 minutes, plus tram ride to the track on their website). We plan to tour Paris either Wednesday or Thursday, or both as Mrs. JBG and Garrett have never been there before. LeMans can be a bit of a circus (in a good way) during the race, it is kind of like Vegas - I can only handle two or three days, but I intend to make the most out of my time at the track and with my fine Forum friends. I'm glad that Dave, Chip and others stirred this pot to motivate us to cross the pond this June to have some fun.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Margaret and I are confirmed. We plan to be with the full group at the Chateau and with whatever block of tickets are purchased for the race.
I just confirmed with Chip and Dave...

A good friend of mine, Justin Bell ( who won this race back in the 1990's) will be there and will be one of the 'color commentators' for the SPEED channel.
Hopefully we can all hook up and make this a great GTForum team and Family event!
Andy and Margaret Benedict (AJB)

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
No 24hr this year.......

We just can't make it work for this year. Soo, at least I will post our $500. toward GT Forum support..........GO BLU

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hotel done

JBG and I all booked rooms at the Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport, Roissypôle, Rue de Rome, BP16461, Roissy, France 95708 today (Phone: 33-1-4919-7777) Dr. Frank suggested we rent a van (good idea). JBG checked on van rental rates, etc., and it looks good. I'm hoping Dr. Frank can stay with us. It is a good hotel, convenient for all our travel connections and side-trips. Hopefully others who can't do the chateau can stay there as well.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
JBG and I all booked rooms at the Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport, Roissypôle, Rue de Rome, BP16461, Roissy, France 95708 today (Phone: 33-1-4919-7777) Dr. Frank suggested we rent a van (good idea). JBG checked on van rental rates, etc., and it looks good. I'm hoping Dr. Frank can stay with us. It is a good hotel, convenient for all our travel connections and side-trips. Hopefully others who can't do the chateau can stay there as well.

Thanks Tim! Monica and I still trying to figure out how we are going to pull this off. I will check in with this as we will not be able to the chateau.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unfortunately, I am out of the picture. I have a conflict with Friday the 11th. I am not happy as I was looking forward to spending time with Tim's wife and convincing StormCat to join the French Foreign Legion. Se le ger?

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I'm really sorry to say it looks like we won't be able to go. We won't know for sure for another few weeks, but the probability is slim. We will be there in spirit!!
Lady Moose

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm just having a look at the TGV options, the advice from one site says:

"The best public transport to Le Mans is the TGV from Paris. It is cheaper if you just buy on the spot or in advance from their web site. Be warned: these trains frequently sell out! An ordinary return ticket is roughly 35 EUR. The trains from Charles de Gaul take about 1.5hrs; but are rather infrequent. You may also consider a train from the Montparnasse station in south Paris. There is a shuttle bus from the airport (look for Air France bus Paris CDG - Montparnasse or Orly - Montparnasse)...."

It would seem that it's a longer ride from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport to Le Mans.

There is a moderately new TGV station at Massy (30 miles South of your hotel, so may not be practical) and that has six trains to Le Mans every day against four from CDG.

The best station looks to be PARIS-MONTPARNASSE which has the 54 minute train and it looks like 13 fast trains go to Le Mans every day. The station is 20 miles North of your hotel - but frequent trains/shuttles go.

Hope this helps a bit.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'm still looking into making the trip.

Do we have any updates on local logistics? I see some are staying at the Hilton in Paris.

Any word on the chateau or more local accomodation?

Thanks!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chateau in LeMans.

Any word on the chateau or more local accomodation?

Joe,

Chateau is only 20 minutes from the track. Beautiful place, pool, lots of room. You can take a nap in the middle of the race at night and return in the morning. It's the ticket!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

We have a few spaces left. Are you in?

Chip

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
PM Sent. An unqualified absolutely positive YES.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in as well with the wifey and daughter:banana:banana:banana Going to be a week full of GT fun:cheers

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Can Chip or DBK post some info or PM me about the chateau (website, etc.)? I talked to the missus this am and she seemed interested in going to Paris, etc. Close to deciding on whether to do this. How many nights are Forum members staying at the chateau? Any idea of costs? Trying to stay a few days in Paris also, so I need an idea on how to put this all together. Thanks, AC

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
since we had a party of six (relatives and children) we booked this place. It was only I think 123 euros per night for the night of Lemans and within 5 km of the track:
Hotel
Appart'city Le Mans
Address
7 Boulevard Marie et Alexandre Oyon
Le Mans, 72100
France
Phone
+33243574900
Fax
+33243574901
lemans@appartcity.com

They still had openings.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Guys,
When checking with my friends regarding the chateau, I found out they had already made arrangements for us to stay in France and set up a few customer visits around the schedule so I will not be able to stay in the chateau. Sorry for the late change up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks for the heads up Terry. Should not be a problem.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm looking into making the trip also.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
:bananaDBK,

GT JIMMY here...My son and I are in! Mom has given the green light to blow off H.S. Graduation for this once in a lifetime event.

Two more in the count.I hope this helps. We will make our own way there (air travel).
Just keep us posted as to the local plans.

Jim