24 Heures du Mans - Ford GT Forum Style

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
She went for that? You're a better man than me.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Dave,

Please add two (my Son and myself) to the list.

GTJIMMY (Jim)

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Le Mans

Dave,Sent you a pm for space in the chateau a few days ago but have no response.Rgds,JP

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I'll be at the race this year as well, feel free adding me to your list.

Cheers,

Lance

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
24 Hours

Dave,
My wife and I will be attending the race.
Gordon and Rika Wolf, Las Vegas N.V.
It'll be nice to finally go somewhere where we can party all nite long.:rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quote, Gordon Wolf, 3/8/2010, 17:00 CST, "Taking a woman is like taking sand to the beach. C'mon man, it's France." How quickly things change in a few hours. Gordo, should not have told the wife you weren't taking the car.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
tickets and where to meet

are we still buying group tickets and will a schedule be posted so we all know where at the track to meet?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Airline Tickets to Paris purchased....

Just purchased round trip tickets to Paris for Margaret and I. We fly out Sunday June 6 arrive Paris 6am June 7 and will drive to the CFRN Chateau in LeMans .
Fly home ...leave Paris Monday June 14 at 11:10 am home Monday 6:30 pm.

Flight is US AIR Detroit- Charlotte- Paris. Return Paris-Charlotte-Detroit.
Would be interested to know if any other GTForum Members are on same schedule.

AJB (ANDY)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When I was looking, I found pretty cheap tickets out of Boston on Icelandic.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Is the chateau a done deal? I've been waiting for details...unless the group is already fully subscribed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, ha, ha, ha, nobody's telling you guys anything. You're going to end up in white slavery in the the old Soviet Union.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Is the chateau a done deal? I've been waiting for details...unless the group is already fully subscribed.

It's a done deal. Dave & I are both on the road headed to the Texas Mile. I'll try to get Dave to update everyone tomorrow.

Chip

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
:eekChip and Dave,

Any word on the Chalet and available dates? I just lost some primo rooms 5 minutes from the track waiting to see what the Forum came up with Matech.

I hope we know something soon....

Regards,
Jim

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
and are we group buying the tickets and setting up a place and time to meet?

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
:eekdr914,

From what I am hearing (and feeling) you should go ahead and purchase some form of General Access Tickets or a VIP Hospitality package from one of the authorized agents.
This way you are assured to have access and be able to experience many features of the race extravaganza. You will want to have the opportunity to view the track from other vantage points besides the main strait above the pits. In order to do this you should purchase "excursion" tickets ($30+/-) from other sources. And don't forget a helicopter fly-over( $130+/-).

As far as accommodations we are all in the same boat wondering when we will have an address and confirmation. I understand the Forum folks had one Chalet booked but needed to up that to "2" because of our swelling group. Believe me, at such a late hour this is no easy task for Dave & Co.

I strongly suggest you implement a back-up plan for rooms.

Regards,
Jim

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm hoping the Iceland volcano's ash spread over Europe ceases before our travel plans are executed. Keeping a check on my destination's closures.

Ralphie

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
meeting up at LeMans

Thank you for the suggestion. I hope though we have a plan for all meeting somewhere at some hour over there though.

:eekdr914,

From what I am hearing (and feeling) you should go ahead and purchase some form of General Access Tickets or a VIP Hospitality package from one of the authorized agents.
This way you are assured to have access and be able to experience many features of the race extravaganza. You will want to have the opportunity to view the track from other vantage points besides the main strait above the pits. In order to do this you should purchase "excursion" tickets ($30+/-) from other sources. And don't forget a helicopter fly-over( $130+/-).

As far as accommodations we are all in the same boat wondering when we will have an address and confirmation. I understand the Forum folks had one Chalet booked but needed to up that to "2" because of our swelling group. Believe me, at such a late hour this is no easy task for Dave & Co.

I strongly suggest you implement a back-up plan for rooms.

Regards,
Jim

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just finished emailing everyone at the Chalet list right now. Our 9 rooms are tentatively filled at this point, as it looks like Camilo and possibly George from CDC (the bumper delete guys) will be taking the final room.

DR914, or anyone I have not contacted would like to be in the Matech Hospitality, please contact me. I don't know what the capacity is, so I don't want to overbook based on whoever else we need to share it with.

Here are some photos of the hospitality setup we will have at the track, though of course it will be re-branded Matech. We'll be served food and drink throughout the week in this setup. I don't know about anyone else, but after the Abu Dhabi race, I am super, super jacked about this race. If it weren't for the ash situation, I would entertain dragging myself over to Silverstone. I'm addicted.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 224

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Silverstone

I don't know about anyone else, but after the Abu Dhabi race, I am super, super jacked about this race. If it weren't for the ash situation, I would entertain dragging myself over to Silverstone. I'm addicted.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Dave,

I had the same thought. I have watched that complete race twice. :banana Silverstone is very short on accomodations. During the British GP we had to stay in a trailer. GT1 would probably draw a much smaller crowd so perhaps rooms could be had. Maybe next season we can go over and bug Neilda for a while.

Chip

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Can someone give me a link to the appropriate tickets to buy for the race? There are so many on the lemans site that it is confusing. Thank you.