Watch Your Inbox

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm hopeful there will be a new waitlist created. This would make since, especially for current Ford GT owners. Locks a place in line and keeps our money flowing to Ford. Any chance of this?

Here is the relevant portion from the press release

Year three of production will support applicants who were placed on the wait list; previously deferred applicants and those who missed the initial application window will be served by production year four. The application process for fourth-year production will reopen in early 2018. Those who already applied to own the car will only need to update their request.

I read this to say that 2018 will be a new application process similar to the one this year, and that it will be open not only to the existing applicants but to new applicants as well. I don't see any way to read that there will be another "wait list" created from the previous applications.

(Full press release here: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...nd-production-of-all-new-ford-gt-superca.html)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Just saw Leno at PB "dawn patrol". Straight from the horse's mouth...he got a FGT allocation.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Just saw Leno at PB "dawn patrol". Straight from the horse's mouth...he got a FGT allocation.

He is a good pick to have one! I can't wait to see his show on his NGT!

Ed

jbrauertn

Sep 2, 2016
Getting one!!

Just joined the forum. I applied and received the "priority wait list" email on July 28. Then, I received my "Congratulations" email back on August 19! Can't believe it! Now I just need to wait two or three years... This one's coming to Tennessee, any others?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Just joined the forum. I applied and received the "priority wait list" email on July 28. Then, I received my "Congratulations" email back on August 19! Can't believe it! Now I just need to wait two or three years... This one's coming to Tennessee, any others?

Cool story...lucky guy! Congratulations.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Really lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Welcome , jbrauertn!! Congrats! Are you going to Rally 11 @ COTA?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
DBK just said he had a couple cancellations for the Rally VIP package, so if you're interested in attending, better jump on it now. PM to DBK to get his attention.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Hi guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to the forum. While currently on the "deferred" list, I too remain optimistic for a fourth year allocation. I even went as far as creating a website ( www.kevinclabert.com ) documenting my story along with Le Mans and the GT application process. My chances were long, but it became my mission to tell my story effectively and get it into the hands of the right people. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
On the same day Ford announced an extended production run for the NFGT, I received a personal letter and signed Le Mans picture (in my pics folder) from Bill Ford acknowledging my efforts! To me, the response meant as much as a GT allocation.
I have been reading posts on the forum for months now, and am excited to be joining in on the conversations regarding the new GT!
Thanks,
Kevin

jbrauertn

Sep 2, 2016
Welcome , jbrauertn!! Congrats! Are you going to Rally 11 @ COTA?

Won't be able to make it this year, but thanks for the invite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's really cool Kevin. Being at Le Mans for Ford's win was fantastic. Best of luck to you!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thanks!
I keep telling myself:
Even Charlie didn't get the Golden Ticket on the first candy bar!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome aboard gents!

Ed

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Hi guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to the forum. While currently on the "deferred" list, I too remain optimistic for a fourth year allocation. I even went as far as creating a website ( www.kevinclabert.com ) documenting my story along with Le Mans and the GT application process. My chances were long, but it became my mission to tell my story effectively and get it into the hands of the right people. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
On the same day Ford announced an extended production run for the NFGT, I received a personal letter and signed Le Mans picture (in my pics folder) from Bill Ford acknowledging my efforts! To me, the response meant as much as a GT allocation.
I have been reading posts on the forum for months now, and am excited to be joining in on the conversations regarding the new GT!
Thanks,
Kevin

So what your saying is that it's probably not a good idea to tell Ford to pound sand if you want a NFGT?

Congrats!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
LOL... I'd probably take the high road!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Watch your inbox part 2 - 2019

In preparation for the imminent allocation notifications, I would just say everything from round 1 applies again. It's a virtually impossible process for a company like Ford that has a vast number of varied and loyal constituent groups. It's obvious just surfing the internet; Ford has way more dedicated and awesome customers than they have cars. Some of the stuff I ran across on YouTube was really impressive and it must be very humbling to witness that level of support from your customers.

A couple things: I would note that people may be overestimating the number U.S market cars available. A really large number of these cars have already been produced for markets outside the U.S, and that will continue for the remaining units. This is just a guesstimate on my part, but I'm estimating total U.S market cars may end up between 800-900 units.

Finally, this car is gonna be in production until 2022. That's a long time, and a lot can happen in 3 years.

Good luck to everyone.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: JWZ

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
HEART RATE IS UP.

Reactions: JWZ

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Appears that its getting close. All the best to the applicants!

Reactions: Special K

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good Luck to all the applicants, Ford GT Forum Members, Friends and GT enthusiasts! I just wish Ford had plans to offer these Great Ford GT’s to every applicant and customer of Ford but that can’t happen of course! If you are chosen you are very Blessed! Good Luck!