Watch Your Inbox

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I got my letter, and I'm in.

Wow. Three to Idaho. Welcome to the forum.

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I'm not a prolific poster, but read the forum daily. I was fortunate to get the "in" letter. Incredibly surprised, excited and humbled.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm not a prolific poster, but read the forum daily. I was fortunate to get the "in" letter. Incredibly surprised, excited and humbled.

Congratulations. I hope you and the others who don't post much get more involved with the Forum. Everyone has something to contribute.

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Events like these, are what shape our lives. Again, I'm quite certain that most of us make our fates as much as we can. The fact that we became owners of the 2005 and 2006 Ford GT, either after years of pursuit and dreaming, at the original production, or any point thereafter, speaks volumes.

It hurts no doubt, to be deferred or selected out. But think of all you've done to get to where you are. It's simply a case where there are, no doubt, more people that want one (and deserve, if you will, one) but not nearly enough to go around.

This might be far off, but I found some emotional solace in thinking about this situation, in watching these clips from one of my favorite movies.

If this helps one of you that didn't get a GT, then it will be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJlaIc8Fs0

I'm confident that my day will come sometime. If not, it's not a terrible thing to continue to pursue dreams and goals.

On a personal note, yesterday, the very same day that I received the deferred email, I watched my son compete in Junior Olympics, in swimming. What was amazing about this, is that three weeks ago he fractured his wrist, and we thought all hope of competing at Junior Olympics was gone. It was a horrible day.

But we just went day by day, and he did as much as he could in the water, even wrapping his cast, so that he could get in the pool almost every day and attempt to maintain his stamina and legs.

But we cut the cast early on Tuesday (rules would not permit competing in a cast), and his wrist was really sore at first, and he made the decision yesterday to not only participate, but he dug deep and obtained PR's during both qualifying and finals and punching above his seeded expectations. He earned a bronze medal amongst tough competition.

Life is sometimes cruel, and life often feels unfair, but we have to live for the occasional gems. I congratulate those that are accomplishing a part of their dreams with this amazing vehicle. Although I am still reaching for my goals, it was such a proud day for me as a parent and friend to my son. I don't think I would trade that day for anything. I'm not going to trade my life to live through my child's life, but was so thankful yesterday to experience that joy.

Focus on the positive. It's going to take a while to get over this.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing at some point Ford will be sending us an email saying they have received our documents so we are not removed from the list because the 10 days has expired?

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
I haven't heard anything yet. I did get conformation that my app was received.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Randy
What a great attitude and story to make your point. While disappointed I am on hold, I am very happy for my friends who got an allocation.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Hey Has anyone received a conformation back yet from Ford saying they received you affidavit?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Great story Syco... congrats to your son! I hope that all Forum GT members that wanted a new GT will find a way in the coming years to make that happen.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Randy
What a great attitude and story to make your point. While disappointed I am on hold, I am very happy for my friends who got an allocation.

Great story Syco... congrats to your son! I hope that all Forum GT members that wanted a new GT will find a way in the coming years to make that happen.

Thanks Jack and Jerry for taking the time to read my note and for the comments.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Amazing ..2 days over 29,000 views of a post. That has to be a record..!!!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Hey Has anyone received a conformation back yet from Ford saying they received you affidavit?

I have not. Worried about it as well

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Because responses are not "electronic" but scanned and emailed, I suspect they all have to be individually checked for completeness?

Johnneymax

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
New Jersey

Last edited:

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Congrats, Matt!

Hey Brian, thanks. Congratulations to you and Amy as well! I doubt the cars will be ready in time for LM2017, but if they are, we're down if you guys are. Question is, will your luggage fit in the PHX machine?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hey Brian, thanks. Congratulations to you and Amy as well! I doubt the cars will be ready in time for LM2017, but if they are, we're down if you guys are. Question is, will your luggage fit in the PHX machine?

Matt, Danielle, Brian, Amy, Fred, Sherri, Chip, Dave, Go LeMans team!

2017 here we come (probably 2018?) but the questions is; who will carry all the luggage 'cos there sure as hell isn't room in the NFGT

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

LM2017 with the NGT would be awesome. We would be up for that.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Matt, Danielle, Brian, Amy, Fred, Sherri, Chip, Dave, Go LeMans team!

2017 here we come (probably 2018?) but the questions is; who will carry all the luggage 'cos there sure as hell isn't room in the NFGT

And Charley!!!!

Team CB is ready to go back when you are. These trips are a snap because..................

.....................DBK does all the work!!!! :willy :willy :willy :willy

Seriously though, I would love to do it all again and if you think we made a stir in our GT's it hard to imagine the type of attention a convoy of new GT's would generate. Serious fun. Let's roll.

Chip

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
image.jpeg