Watch Your Inbox

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Every e-mail has been sent. At this point, if it's not in your spam folder you should contact the concierge team via the e-mail you received originally and ask them to re-send/verify your application.

Reactions: Ed Sims

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Congrats to all, me still waiting...
I hope Ford keeps building and building the new GT so it can become part of our lives as the 2005/06 have been.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Well, it's beyond classy IMO. Early on in the process I half joked about that we were all wishing each other good luck and that I wondered if we would turn acrimonious once the word came down.

Certainly folks are disappointed. And folks have outlined powerful arguments why they should have gotten an allocation. But, I don't know that I have ever been as impressed by the almost universal reaction of " but I'm happy for those who made the cut ". That is a level of graciousness I would like to think I would have had but can't say for certain. That expresses a bond among us 05-06 crowd that is unlike any other I have witnessed in a car group and it is commendable.

I'm not about to offer phony consolation , or suggest keeping your chin up. I know how I might react to that. If I had to guess with a few exceptions, there were some very fine lines drawn with nothing but good intentions. I am not delusional to the point of thinking that I could not have easily fallen on either side of the line. I saw a guy in a bar last night with great credentials for a GT. He signaled across the room-- thumbs up or down. Not knowing his situation I didn't want to but gave thumbs up to which he gave down, but shook my hand and said he was happy for me. Could have acted similarly? I don't know.

I have swallowed many bitter pills along the way and I didn't always react as I should have. But, I have been much more impressed by the graciousness of the vanguished than some of the victors most of whom were understandably caught up in the excitement of the moment .

Last edited:

Tom's Garage

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2016
california
How many of you have not received an email from Ford yet.
I have checked spam and other.
Are they going out in batches to you think?

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
EXTREMELY grateful to have been placed on the Ford GT priority wait list...best wishes to all those selected for purchase! Not exactly what I had hoped for tonight but just the fact that there is still a chance is exciting! I can't wait to hear from the lucky members as to how their journey is going! Keep us posted and hats off to all those at Ford for making this acquisition process so favorable to the men and women who love this vehicle so very much. Fingers still crossed...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
looks like I mite have to sell some cars, darn near started to cry. Just being chosen means as much to me as actually getting the car, thanks for all you do for us Dave. Bin a Ford guy from birth couldn't be more proud to be one right now.
Congrats Carl !! Anyone with a GT tattoo is committed to the cause !!.. :biggrin

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Unfortunately I got the dreaded rejection letter (after I finally found it in my spam file). Oh well, congratulations to all the lucky ones. I guess I'll just leave that $500K invested for the day when my luck changes. I still count myself as one of the luckiest people in the world just to have owned a couple of the previous generation GT's!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I may be over thinking this. Originally there were to be 1000 NFGT's produced. 250 per year for four years. Up until 2nd application accepted 750 were spoken for. Considering DBK's providing correspondence on European allocations
FWIW regarding the EU -

View attachment 55055
USA

JKR

GT Owner
Congratulations to everyone that has been excepted!!!!
I still haven't received an email, so there is still hope..

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Also well written.
Reading all these heartfelt posts from both those that did receive and those that didn't receive an allocation one thing is sted fast, so much class. I'm very proud to call this place "home" and you guys (and gals) friends.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My older son and I are looking at the email from Ford now. Three years ago, we were at his Junior Olympic swim meet where he earned a bronze medal after removing a fractured wrist cast the day before. I remember getting the email in the morning of his competition and how bitter sweet of a day that was. Incredible for him to be fully casted three weeks before that very day, swimming with his arm wrapped in a cast and waterproof cover. Next week I will take him to another large 18 state swim meet for competition. He has shown me the strength of perseverance.

I am so humbled and honored to receive the congratulatory email today less than an hour ago. My heart goes out to all of those who were not selected.

Mentally, I had prepared myself to accept the answer either way, as stated, there are simply not enough of these amazing vehicles to go around. It speaks a lot of Ford to make their best efforts to attempt to get these into the hands of the enthusiast.

I'm still quite in shock and speechless and in awe and can honestly say this is one of the proudest moments for me, and certainly one of many fine moments as an original owner of a Ford GT, and blessed to have fond memories with many here in this special community.

I look forward to my first trip to Le Mans this summer, and I think it will be even more significant, having learned that I will someday own and drive a NFGT, undoubtedly the stuff of dreams.

Most importantly, thank you to my fellow Ford GT Forum members and thank you to Ford Motor Company. Thanks to my wife and younger son, for agreeing to participate in our silly but heartfelt video at the latest stages on the application.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Congrats to all. So happy for everyone who heard the amazing news and so jealous at the same time.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thanks!
I keep telling myself:
Even Charlie didn't get the Golden Ticket on the first candy bar!

DubbsFaris

Mar 18, 2019
I have to say the rejection hurts more on day two than day one
Right? I wasn't expecting that. I have to say in my case it hurts on so many different levels, and Im sorting through each and every one.

First- I could barely afford a mustang in 05-06, but got a GT500 in 07. I went to a Shelby event, a Bullrun event and I was suddenly running a successful well known charity event, a regional director for a decade with Shelby, hung out at Le Mans with H3 and Aaron Shelby and many of you here...so I thought with all the work Ive done for Ford and Shelby, and all the people I have become friends with at the oval and Shelby, I'd have a really great shot.

Second- Since I missed out in 05-06, I have since done far better for myself and now in my 40s I finally just got to the point I could even afford this, but I didn;t apply the first go around because I couldn't swing 500k just two years ago, and if I got picked and declined, I figured that would bar me from future consideration. I guess that was amistake.

Third- My cousin owns Vintage Air here in San Antonio- I knew about this project back in 2014-2015, and had a long time to hope for it.

Fourth- I have a LOT of friends that got the Congrats letter. A LOT. Im happy for them, but I feel like my hard work and time towing the line for Ford is just time I was undervalued.

Fifth- Buying Raptors, Shelbys, hell- even a damn SHO at one point, dealerships holding on to these performance vehicles and making what should be a really great experience and fun way to spend my money is always a kick in the ass- and its almost like I gotta kiss ass just to buy a damn mustang or f-150...and I know a lot of that has to do with living in San Antonio where people come up from the south to buy a new vehicle and pay just whatever is on the windshield. I had a 50th anniversary sold out from under me from Jordan Ford, and many other local dealers are the same way- its a friggin chore to buy a Ford worth having...and I thought this might be the one experience I actually get to enjoy...

Sixth- and this is the worst- Hackett has cut the program. This WILL be the last year of the run and there will be no more allocations. Its not been announced, but I found out about a great many cuts at Barrett Jackson this year that are also upcoming- and its not just the GT....

I guess it has me second guessing why I even applied- I have so many great cars and trucks from Ford, and its almost a taint to them all now....I just walk around with a bad taste in my mouth.....just generally pissed.

The whole thing sucks.

You should see the response I sent back to Ford Concierge....if I had an opportunity to build a bridge, my emotions decided to just burn it instead.....and Im really an easy going non temper kind of guy.

I really don't know how Im going to move forward with my Ford relationship and loyalty. I mean- Im not spending 7 figures on this car, or any other for that matter, so I'll never sit my pudgy butt in one.

What difference does it make- Jamie Allison, Raj Nair, Mike Berardi, Robert Parker, Mark Fields, Steve Ling- all the great passionate guys at Ford I got to have the privilege of building a personal relationship with are all gone now, and its just us watching Ford cut program after program...

I know most of you guys have a relationship too, and this is probably the worst post I could start off with here as an introduction- but it wasn't the way I thought it would go. I wanted to be a part of this group so badly...

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Syco GT, nicely said. Congrats!

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Dubbs - do you even own an 05-06?

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Congratulations all, very, very excited for all.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thank you Kevin! Congrats to you too!

Reactions: Ed Sims

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
So I've had a busy last couple of days. A quick work trip followed by a great day yesterday attending the 150th Opening Day celebration and game for the Cincinnati Reds with my son. Because of that, I had not checked the Forum or frankly, my personal email, since Tuesday. So I log on to the Forum this morning and see all the activity regarding notifications. Several anxious minutes of sorting through junkmail later and I found the email. I am excited to have been chosen to own one of these truly special cars. This has been a big month for me, a new Navigator for my wife, a new Focus RS for my son, a GT350R (both the latter with the assistance of Kevin and Pat Millikin Ford, thanks again!) and now this. Thanks to all of those who made this opportunity possible!
Congrats! Now did you get the trifecta.... Did you get your free cheese coney from Skyline Chili on the Reds’ opening day?? 😊

Tom's Garage

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2016
california
Has anybody else not yet received an email back from Ford? I keep checking all of my spam and inbox folders but nothing has come up yet. I’m assuming I’ll here back before Friday April 5th.
I haven't gotten a email yet also!

Reactions: Fordari