Your Setup & Horsepower

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
If this has been done before please ignore. I did spend the last 1/2 day searching.:bang

How is your car setup and what (if you had it done) is the Dyno Readings?

I being relatively new am interested in the steps of MADNESS!!! Till you get to Jason / Peak heights.

Stock my understanding is the GT is around 505 RWHP with the Ford Conservative tune. Can anyone state Dyno numbers with stock car and 93 / 100 aggressive tunes? Next step I guess would be to Pulley, Tune and exhaust, next step Whipple gen 2 then the other Whipples, Then a SOROUSH CAR, Whipple, Nitrous, and bad cams and other engine mods, Then twin turbo's with and without Supercharger and then PEAK.
I know some have posted these in different threads but would be nice to have them in one spot.
Again I apologize if this is repetitous but am truely interested as I try to decide which way to go since my seized supercharger.

Btw-I have seen threads where Jason ran 190+ with Pulley, tune and exhaust and even some stating stock cars around 180. Is this just weather conditions and driver? Also what would YOU think would be the absolute minimum HP you would have to have to do get into the new, very exclusive 200 mph Club? I would really like to have the Tee-Shirt.:banana

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Pulley, 93 octane tune, rear exit headers = 620 whp

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
ACR,

Perfect and thanks.

Torrie quoted me last night with Stock Charger, Pulley, Accufab exhaust and Throtle body and "Stormcat Tune":lol Around 620. Thats one of my options. Boy does Torrie know his Ford GT!!!!

Thanks Again

Larry

Mar 15, 2006
Most GT's we have dyno tested made between 515-530 rw hp. Most pulley/tune/exhaust cars we have built make between 600-625 rw hp on 93 octane. We have run Texas Mile with GT's making 620 rw hp and with a 12 mph head wind they ran 185 mph and with a 15 mph tail wind they ran 195 mph. Wind can greatly effect speed in the mile.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
My stock number was 484 RWH. Stock tune.

I built an exhaust and that made it 499 RWH. Stock tune.

I re-tuned and made 530 RWH

Changed to 2.75 pulley and tuning again made 615 RWH.

I have the stock throttle body but the Accufab stiffener in the connector to the air filter. I think the results could be 640 or so but the air filter is restricting flow. I did not think to un-hook it when I was at the dyno. I noticed the boost drop off as I went over 5500 RPM indicating either cavitation, volume limit, or vacuum on the inlet robbing boost. I basically make 100 HP for every 1000 RPM. The tac is a Horsepower guage now.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
John / Beach GT

Thanks again.

Beach, do you think the 480 was somewhat effected by the Florida climaet? (Humid and Hot) Sort of like it was at the mile this year.

John, Thanks, your experience is so valuable. What do you think minimum horsepower needed to get to 200 mph. Say in March with no headwind and 60 degress. Also do you think the launch is incredibly important? On my only run Thursday, before the supercharger seized, I spun hard in first and basically got sideways in second. How does that effect the top speed. I know how important that is in the quarter but can you make up for that mistake in a mile?

Larry

Mar 15, 2006
For a GT to be able to run 200 mph in the mile, you will need a whipple making at least 19 psi boost with throttle body and exhaust. We had a customer with this set up with a race gas tune making 775 rw hp. He ran 204 mph in the mile.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I have a stock GT with tune only that did 573rwh and 520lbs. I was amazed!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
For a GT to be able to run 200 mph in the mile, you will need a whipple making at least 19 psi boost with throttle body and exhaust. We had a customer with this set up with a race gas tune making 775 rw hp. He ran 204 mph in the mile.

I knew that with a 19 lbs Whipple the conditions had to be very favorable to get to the magic 200 mph. During the Rally conditions were far from that. So if I run the mile again I am going to make some changes in order to have some wiggle room to overcome less than perfect conditions.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Black Ice,

Little Changes or 2 new additions!!:banana

I have the same feeling, Whipple w/21 and T/B and Exhaust. Pray for good conditions.

Larry

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The #1 killer of a 19 Whipple on 91 pump gas is HEAT! The tune that I was using pulled a lot of timing out to save the motor. I don't feel it would be wise to change that. So a race gas tune would help as would getting the IAT2 lower. A 21# would be counter productive without race gas and cool air. That is why the pulley and tune guys were beating the Whipple cars at the TX mile. Even 19# is too much pressure for pump gas and the hot weather. I bet my car would have been faster with just a 15# pulley under those conditions.

The TX mile demonstrates how silly it is to tout dyno RWHP. They are just a measuring stick to compare changes to your car and have little bearing to real world performance, unless you are driving your car under similar conditions. Sitting 15+ minutes in line in 110F weather for a run down the TX mile lasting 20 - 30 seconds is not the same as thing as doing a cold dyno pull for less than 10 seconds.

Last edited:

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Mustang Dyno Stock>> 528 hp 93 octane
Pulley/Tune/Tubi muffler/cat delete>> 626 hp 93 octane

GY tires 1/4 mile 10.81 et @136.23 mph (84 degrees temp)

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Blackice

This is exactly where I am heading with this thread. I find it interesting that you think going to a 15lb would have helped. Us unknowing would have just thought to keep pouring the boost to it. I like the idea of the stock charger, pulley, tune and exhaust. Less to have problems with. But, the torque of the Whipple makes driving the car in 3rd thru 5th as much fun as 1st and 2nd.

Larry

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
My GT is Stock performance wise. I have a few cosmetic "upgrades" that I really like. When I run it at the GT School I usually have Hoosier R6 tires, and that's about it.

Richard Hille
The GT School

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The #1 killer of a 19 Whipple on 91 pump gas is HEAT! The tune that I was using pulled a lot of timing out to save the motor. I don't feel it would be wise to change that. So a race gas tune would help as would getting the IAT2 lower. A 21# would be counter productive without race gas and cool air. That is why the pulley and tune guys were beating the Whipple cars at the TX mile. Even 19# is too much pressure for pump gas and the hot weather. I bet my car would have been faster with just a 15# pulley under those conditions.

The TX mile demonstrates how silly it is to tout dyno RWHP. They are just a measuring stick to compare changes to your car and have little bearing to real world performance, unless you are driving your car under similar conditions. Sitting 15+ minutes in line in 110F weather for a run down the TX mile lasting 20 - 30 seconds is not the same as thing as doing a cold dyno pull for less than 10 seconds.

Stone cold logic right here !

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
if you ask me you know what Im going to say, bring your own weather!:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
if you ask me you know what Im going to say, bring your own weather!:biggrin

Yep, I am going make some mods before I do another mile run so the temps won't be such a big factor.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
mile event with good conditions in CA

Can you say "Mojave Mile" in March?

Ed

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Stock engine and tune, Stillen exhaust.
557 RWHP on Stillen chassis dyno.
169.1 mph at Texas Mile on Thursday.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Yep, I am going make some mods before I do another mile run so the temps won't be such a big factor.

I look forward to that! I really wana know whats up your sleeve?