Wow

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Timmy, it's been a year since I've seen that little guy. Send more pix!!! :biggrin

I wasn't able to go to the rally this year, but appreciate all the stories and pictures everyone is posting. :cheers I remember how much energy I had after rally I, and it took a long time before I could get through a day without stopping to daydream about all the GT's. :lol Heck, I just went to a couple of pre-rally dinners in Scottsdale this year and am still on a high from seeing my good friends (and all the GTs in the parking lot). Thanks again Chip and Veronica for the great pre-rally, and Dave and Francesca, it sounds like you two put on the event of the year!!! :banana

MJ

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What a great time, I also agree, wow just about sums it up.........

427 Mitch

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 13, 2006
Stamford, Ct
Thanks to all involved!!

Had a great time. Saw old friends and made new ones.

Mitch

Mar 15, 2006
We had a great time and look forward to doing it again soon. If there is any kind of GT gathering at the Barrett-Jackson event next month at Mandalay then please let me know!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
What happened with the other charity items up for auction? Such as the origional paintings by Camilo? I hope they did the job as they were fantastic!

Keith:cheers

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
It was great to meet all of you that I did. I wish I could've met everyone - but there were so many GT's and owners. It was a beautiful sight.

Tim C and Chip, thanks for hosting events in PHX area at your homes and all you took upon yourselves. I had a good time.

DBK - great stuff and thanks. Half of the enjoyment of owning such a cool car for me is sharing times like we just had with other enthusiasts.

Chip - I did my best with balancing speed and safety on the drive home. There were a ton of HP today and the good ol'V1 came through. But a few didn't have their radars on. Nonetheless, everyone got home safe and ticketless. We should consider 2-way group radios for next years drive.

Look forward to Barrett Jackson!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
What a Great Event! I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting many more that I had not had the pleasure to meet before. I have made it to Scotsdale tonight and still have a day and a half to go but still on my "post Rally high"! Thanks to Tomy and Sue for the ride to the Auction and to Ed and Frank for the ride back. Thanks to Chip and Veronica for the Scotsdale "Pre-Rally" and for allowing us to park our trailers at their home and the rest of the Arizona gang for their hospitality. Thanks to Jason and John for transporting our luggage to and from Lost Wages! Thanks to Daniel for sponsoring the great dinner Wednesday night! And of course special thanks to DBK and Francesca for all the work to get this event planned and executed.:thumbsup:cheers I'm looking forward to the next event (after I rest up!).

Last edited:

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Werd.

Now let's start planning TEXAS!.....am I getting ahead of myself?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Werd.

Now let's start planning TEXAS!.....am I getting ahead of myself?

Not at all !

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
First of all, many thanks to DBK for organizing such a fantastic event. It was a weekend that can only be surpassed by next year's rally.

The track, the "Buda Room", the Palms, name the place, the friendship and generosity of the entire group was simply amazing. DBK, cmoody, rocketman, soroush, jones, syco, shelby, chip, the entire GT development team, bony, blue mouse (x2), peak competition, and the rest of the forum, it was a pleasure.

If anyone is ever in Yuma, you and your gal(s) are always welcome.

Best Regards,
Waldo

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If all the rallys are this good , I'm counting days till the next one !!
Is that possible ?
Jay it sure was a pleasure ! Ask the bunny !!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If all the rallys are this good , I'm counting days till the next one !!
Is that possible ?
Jay it sure was a pleasure ! Ask the bunny !!

houston houston houston........... what do you say Ron? btw it was really nice to meet you and look forward to seeing you soon, adriana said she had a good time threre and she looks forward in seeing you too.........not:biggrin

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Ps. the gift was off the hook. thanks buddy.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
I am still a little too tired to type how much fun it was.

Thank you all............................................................

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

Thanks a bunch Chris for the endless free rounds !!!!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Thanks a bunch Chris for the endless free rounds !!!!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

I'm glad to see the light scheduling was put to good use by you bleary eyed mofos. :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I'm glad to see the light scheduling was put to good use by you bleary eyed mofos. :lol

Right on, and I missed all morning based activities like usual. Hey at least I am consistent:banana:banana:banana

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Wow is right! So many thanks are deserved here. Thanks to Chip for all his efforts organizing the pre-Rally in Scottsdale, thanks to Dave for an incredible job putting the whole Vegas gathering together, thanks to the GT team for being there and filling in much of the back story of the development of these unbelievable cars, thanks for an amazing track day experience... It goes on and on. I'm just glad i was there to hear that whole parking structure rumble and shake whenever the group got ready to leave for an event. And there's something magical about seeing a group of GTs ahead and behind you - low, wide, mean, and elegant - as you roll on the open road. Unforgettable. Thanks to all involved.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

+1

You were an incredible host Chris! Many thanks for a fine evening out! :thumbsup

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
R-iii

What a special fun time.

So Good to see one and all. And all the GT's. And the GT owners.

Rally I - a few mod's, a couple of GTX1's. Wixom tour, Headquarters gathering, meeting Mr. E. Ford, all the GT program staff, Frank's Nuclear Reactor Light portico install, A Makers Mark Manhattan, or two......

Rally II - many mods, very special GTX1's, mountain "drives",X-cross at El Toro, Kip's CF introduction, TTurbo's, Stillen visit, dinner at Peterson, Carrol, The Auction, Beck's Scottsdale gathering and Rally to the Rally 1, a Makers mark Manhattan or three......

Rally III - MANY mod's, TT+SC, Nitrous, Las Vegas Track Day, Shelby visit, desert drives, tons of CF, Beck's Scottsdale gathering and Rally to the Rally 2,
Ford's show Cars, The Auction, Nardo GT+ the mules, the Paredo/Hennesey/Bannister Red GT, a Makers Mark Manhattan or four.....

Thanks Dave,

Thanks Ford,

Thanks GT Forum Sponsors

So looking forward to Rally IV.................

PL510*Jeff

Did I forget to tell you that I had FUN!:thumbsup

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
The auction cars were all SOLD!

The yellow Nardo car went for $305k to one buyer.
The black 04 car was bought by a partnership of THREE forum members for $225k.
The blue car went for a steal for $155k to one forum buyer.

I will let them all chime in so as not to spoil the surprise, but how AWESOME is that? We now have 5 forum members who got the chance to own prototype Ford GT's that will undoubtedly be worth waaaaay more than they paid down the road. What an amazing piece of history that is! I can't believe we pulled this off for the forum. I really can't. This never happens. A total stunner.

Well, I guess I'm the thief! Wish I could have gotten the red Camilo/DBK car (beautiful job guys) as well....But I had to save the $$$ for one of the auction cars and I didn't know how much they would go for:frown Hey, at least the red car went to a good home.

Just an amazing job Dave! I don't know how you will top this one:cheers