Who drives your GT?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wrong! I also drove your car! I drove Andy's car too!

I didn't let you drive it on the track did I? I can't remember. I know you drove it like 100 miles in Texas but we were just putzing on the freeway.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Wife, has zero interest.
I don't know about that, IIRC, her interest seems to be on the INCREASE.... Apparently you are slowly bringing her around to the dark side. :lol

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
My Viper tech who is a race car driver and does all my maintenance ( because I am hopeless beyond an oil change) has driven mine. Embarrassed to say neither of my boys can drive stick and have no interest in dad's "geeky" hobby.

Except for the rear visibility I think GTs are a lot easier to drive than Vipers. For some reason my wife likes driving the Vipers but I think the GT value scares her.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I did not realize having supercars was considered "Geeky". :confused

Guess I am gettin old. :frown

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Myself and one of my friends who I trust. I think this is one of the cars you just cant give the keys to someone and let them go. Cars are too powerful and they come undone quickly if you have any mods and you are not used to the car.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Help me out here.

The only other person besides me that has driven my car hard is Mark McGowan.

Roketman Ron has driven my car hard on the track a couple times with me in the passenger seat. It was quite an experience although he drives his own GT closer to the limit. Even though he was conservative with mine, he passed everybody. After about 5 laps at VIR in #34 Ron turned to me and said, "Do you know what I'm doing here Chip?". "Not exactly" I responded. Ron smiled and said, "I'm improving your reputation!" :lol

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
After about 5 laps at VIR in #34 Ron turned to me and said, "Do you know what I'm doing here Chip?". "Not exactly" I responded. Ron smiled and said, "I'm improving your reputation!" :lol

Chip

Ron is so funny.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I would let most of you drive my 40 except you'll need to lose about 45lbs of frontal obstruction and I don't mean your little jock straps either!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I did not realize having supercars was considered "Geeky". :confused

Guess I am gettin old. :frown

It may just be me they find geeky.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
I’ve let several “qualified” friends drive my GT. All have come back with a smile on their faces. One was Harvey Siegel (partner in VIR and former original GT-40 owner) and several professional race car drivers. It’s a risk we take – but one worthwhile in my opinion to “share the love”. In exchange once – I got to drive a Ferrari F-40 on track. The closest car I’ve driven with Ford GT DNA. Remarkably similar in texture and feel.
My son’s first drive in the GT was up to VIR from Charleston. Unbeknownst to him I had a GPS in the car. When he got to the track I pulled the GPS to check his highest speed…146!!! We still laugh about that. Share…but verify! Now, who said that?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
This is a great question for EP to answer. :lol

H

HHGT

I would trust EP with my car - even in his garage.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I would trust EP with my car - even in his garage.

Don't trust him with your wheelchair though. :lol

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
My wife drove the GT at Miller Motorsports Park at the Rally, with a very capable instructor, for 6 sessions over the two days.
She had a blast and I think I enjoyed her progression more than she did.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Three others have driven my FGT. My wife and my two sons. Renee only drives it when she has too. Ben and Brad have both taken it on Putnam park track. They both know the car, it’s value and the consequences they could face, stay pretty reserved with the GT. Now the Shelby GT 500 is different, they drive it like they stole it. Both also take the GT out on a couple of date nights a year with their wives.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
only my son and me.... His daily is an '11 GT500 @ 600 RWHP....

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Merry Christmas Mike. GREAT new avatar.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just me so far, wife has no interest in driving it. She is decent with a manual, but car intimidates her.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Merry Christmas Mike. GREAT new avatar.

Uh... ya!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Before the car was TT'd I would selectively let a few people I trusted drive. Since then only my wife and Mr. and Mrs. Apollo have driven it. Of course my wife now almost exclusively drives it at events because, in her words, "everything seems slow after driving 200." :lol :cheers