White SVT Raptor

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Definitely my favorite color. Great seats. The 5.4 was not as bad as I thought, but I'd still wait for the 6.2.

In a first, we went out looking for shitty roads, and nothing was shitty enough to bother it. I'm talking riding the inside lane next to the curb on shitty side streets in Detroit. This is the best vehicle you can buy from a dealer for ride quality on our awful roads.

whiteraptor2.JPG

whiteraptor3.JPG

whiteraptor4.JPG

whiteraptor5.JPG

whiteraptor6.JPG

whiteraptor7.JPG

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, it's so wide that it has to have those yellow LEDs in the grille by law :lol

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Looks terrific! Available when?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
5.4 should be out in a couple months. I think they are doing the automotive magazine thing next week, so it shouldn't be too long. 6.2 will be out in the winter.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave, is the cab itself wider or just the track?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just the track.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So now I get it.. That's the real reason Ford Built this beast.. To deal with the ever deteriorating streets of Detroit !! If things continue the way they are I'm sure City budgets will be cut and road repairs will suffer.. This will be the vehicle of choice to get around motor city !! ,,:rofl Cool Truck for sure !!:thumbsup

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Awesome , saw the Raptor on Barrett-Jackson auction, amazing machine, what is the retail price on it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bad to the bone :)
thanks for the email, :)

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Me want...:thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Dave,

How much wider are these trucks than stock?

Did they change the rear axle at all? Stock length?

I REALLY like these trucks but I have to say that grill is horrific. That would be one of the few modifications I'd make.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's 8 inches wider edge to edge. It's a mammoth truck. Not sure about the length but I think it's the same.

I know some people hate the grille, but I love it :lol We were driving around in it and the truck feels like it's talking shit to other trucks that have off road envy. We pulled up on a Dodge Ram and I wanted to ask if he wanted to try that Ram Challenge stuff and see what happens (*hint* the Ram would break all over the place, as told to me by someone who is a notable Chrysler employee. Said they were sending pallets of parts as fast as they could :lol).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Truck looks great! I forecast Mrs DBK will get one as a B-day present :) just the thing for her and her gal-pals to drive for trips to the range and boutiques and day spas ;)

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
It's 8 inches wider edge to edge. It's a mammoth truck. Not sure about the length but I think it's the same.

I know some people hate the grille, but I love it :lol We were driving around in it and the truck feels like it's talking shit to other trucks that have off road envy. We pulled up on a Dodge Ram and I wanted to ask if he wanted to try that Ram Challenge stuff and see what happens (*hint* the Ram would break all over the place, as told to me by someone who is a notable Chrysler employee. Said they were sending pallets of parts as fast as they could :lol).

HOLY COW!!! I had no idea that they were 8 inches wider. That is alot wider than I expected it to be.

I think I need to investigate this truck further. My buddies are all seriously looking into them.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's REALLY wide. 8 inches doesn't sound like a lot, but in a business where they shave or add millimeters, it looks absolutely massive compared to the regular F150.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
I am really looking forward to seeing this truck in person. I am curious to see what the pricing will be, my suspicion is that a lot of people know there is a bigger motor coming than the 5.4 and I wonder if that means the 5.4 equipped Raptor sales will be slow? I agree with DBK on the grille...I like it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, now it won't fit in the garage.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Most desert trucks are equipped with fiberglass fenders. Has Ford gone with fiberglass, plastic, or metal on the fenders?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
any Ford corp sites with build/options info?