White SVT Raptor

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Do like my wife did.
Dropped it off in the morning and in the evening it had a Whipple from Ford Racing mounted on it......sorta looks like the GT install.:wink now it runs like a truck should

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
You haev a Whipple'd Raptor and haven't shown us pics? Shame , shame!! :wink

Were there any Raptor specific install issues? Who tuned it? How much boost?

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Raptor is arriving tomorrow. I have not been this excited since arrival of the GT.

Stu

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I thought I would bring this topic back up because I have now had the pleasure of going offroading in an F-150 Raptor.

This past weekend I went to Glamis for some post Thanksgiving dirtbiking and offroading. For those of you who don't know what Glamis is, imagine miles and miles and miles of the biggest sand dunes you can possibly imagine. If you stand in the middle of Glamis, you can't see anything but sand and dunes and offroad toys. This is also one of the biggest offroad areas in Southern California and is easily the most popular in the world during Thanksgiving. Hundreds of thousands of people show up with all different types of toys, dirtbikes, quads, trucks, buggies, monster trucks...You name it!

This year I took my truck and dirtbike out there and we met up with some friends of ours. One of them surprised us all with a brand new (2 day old) F150 Raptor. Black exterior, black leather interior, fully loaded, beautiful truck! It still had that new car smell. So, we did the only thing a bunch of guys would do. We loaded up the truck and headed out to the dunes!!!

I was extremely impressed with this truck. It handled everything very well and we never once bottomed out or had a jarring moment. We were keeping up with my other friend in his 2001 long travel F-150 that cycles 19 inches of wheel travel pretty easily. Windows up, A/C on, Navigation trying to find the road...It was awesome!

I am seriously considering trading in my 07 Tundra now!

In my opinion the only downside to this truck is the lack of power. I can't wait to see what the new 6.2 liter engine offers. Everything else about it was very impressive and really blew me away.

To Ford :thumbsup:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I have not had mine off-road yet. Do you know if they deflated the tires to 15-20lbs.

Stu

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Yes, we deflated to the tires to about 20 psi and it worked very well. Just left it in 4 hi and it went everywhere and never gave the slightest indication that it was struggling for traction. We could stop anywhere in the dunes, uphill, in the soft stuff, in a whoop road...As soon as we wanted to get moving again it would move right along and get going.

I also think Ford made the right decision in sticking with the BFG all terrain's. I really like the BFG AT's. It is a very nice tire, not aggressive looking or anything but it just plain works!

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Did you catch air with the tires aired down? I'm not familiar with trucks in the sand, except I saw three fords get stuck trying to get another one out of the sand. I'm normally in my RZR but am planning on a Raptor.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Check this out from Team Shelby

SSF150.jpg

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
I am seriously considering trading in my 07 Tundra now!

In my opinion the only downside to this truck is the lack of power. I can't wait to see what the new 6.2 liter engine offers. Everything else about it was very impressive and really blew me away.

To Ford :thumbsup:thumbsup

Ford is now accepting orders for the new 6.2l Raptor! Call or stop by your local Ford dealer today!:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ford is now accepting orders for the new 6.2l Raptor! Call or stop by your local Ford dealer today!:cheers

How about four door????

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
How about four door????

It has four doors!:thumbsup:rofl

The crew cab is not in production currently. There has been no release that I am aware of from Ford saying there will be a crew cab raptor. Yes there will probably be one but its not official yet.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Im a little late on this... but I saw them testing the Raptor in Ocotillo wells a few years ago... (maybe 1 1/2 years ago?) I was there riding dirtbikes. Looked really nice