"Whipple" Ultra grip pulley's (no more belt chirp)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The first batch of pulleys are on there way! Anyone else needing a pulley?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love the pulley pe2unia! No noise & looks cool after 3000 miles.

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Ed

did you feel any seat of the pants difference Ed?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
did you feel any seat of the pants difference Ed?

Well, I did it with a lot of other changes so I can't tell you. I can tell you it's quiet & looks trick!

Ed

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Ed

Thanks Ed!:cheers
Most of the pulley's are shipped so if anyone else would like one let me know:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
John,
I have had belt chirp on my Supercharged Shelby GT Mustang. Car has a whipple 550. Belt chirp returns about 2000 miles after I replace the belt. Is there a pulley that fits my Whipple?

Stu

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John,
I have had belt chirp on my Supercharged Shelby GT Mustang. Car has a whipple 550. Belt chirp returns about 2000 miles after I replace the belt. Is there a pulley that fits my Whipple?

Stu

Hey Stu, yes we have them in stock so just let me know what size you are looking for. PM sent

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The pulley arrived last week and it is jewel like in quality. Now I"m getting ready to have the new pulley installed and wonder if the new pulley's belt alignment is any different than the OEM ones once installed? Would a .1" spacer be needed or even recommended?

Aug 25, 2006
The pulley arrived last week and it is jewel like in quality. Now I"m getting ready to have the new pulley installed and wonder if the new pulley's belt alignment is any different than the OEM ones once installed? Would a .1" spacer be needed or even recommended?

Good morning Bruce

.First of all you will enjoy the new pulley

With regards to the needs for the .100 shim; Evan aka Guyette Performance a friend and person that I work with regularly did IMO great work in concert with the team at Whipple to create the shim as the direct result of his efforts and in some applications it is the fix for the squeaky belt however I chatted with Whipple at length and they conveyed that in their opinion it is a random issue thus not one for everyone to raise an eyebrow over.

Having shared this, after the testing that I completed with the new pulley I found that when I installed the new custom pulley on gals that previously had the squeaking issue it was no more; this remained the case after several thousand miles.

Lastly; because the custom pulley is much more aggressive when controlling belt slip IMO the secondary idler pulley aka the Whipple snout pulley needs to be placed with only light pressure against the supercharger belt or not used at all. I tested the new pulley without using the secondary idler pulley aka the Whipple snout pulley during many dyno sessions and we had “no” measurable supercharger belt slip; this was not the case when using only the Whipple supercharger pulley

Takes care

Shadowman

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
A Whipple and new style pulley is next on my list of updates once I finish my current FGT project.

mardyn

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Does anyone know what is the standard pulley size for the Gen II Whipple? Kendall who installed it for me is MIA! Thanks!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Does anyone know what is the standard pulley size for the Gen II Whipple? Kendall who installed it for me is MIA! Thanks!

Most all are 3.5" 19 PSI pulleys.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Most all are 3.5" 19 PSI pulleys.

Agreed!

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
thanks guys! Pe2unia, please count me in for one 3.5"; I will place my order by tomorrow; thanks!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gotcha! PM sent

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Just had new one installed, great to get rid of the chirp, also had cracked exhaust replaced, so GT sounds like whole new car! Thanks Shadowman!!!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Just had new one installed, great to get rid of the chirp, also had cracked exhaust replaced, so GT sounds like
whole new car! Thanks Shadowman!!!!!

See you soon on I5!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just had new one installed, great to get rid of the chirp, also had cracked exhaust replaced, so GT sounds like whole new car! Thanks Shadowman!!!!!

Must be sweet be so close to Bill for help.

Aug 25, 2006

Thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to work for you

Takes care

Shadowman