Whipple /turbo/ pulley and headers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This is why meth injection might work better if you do not want to add another pump. I was able to drop A/F numbers by a whole 1 point. A little extra room for boost or timing. And you get extra octane . Just one more thing to go wrong and if it fails boom .
Where did you mount the nozzles?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Where did you mount the nozzles?

I have mounted the nozzles before and after the blower after the mass air meter. I ran as many as two nozzles at one point (one after and one before) Even back in the day when they said don't run it threw the blower I never had any issues. You hear all sorts of stuff from people that have never done it. I used it for 5 years and it never pitted any parts. It did corrode the pump they used if you did not use upper cylinder lube mixed with the methanol but that is because the pump was submerged in the tank. The new units uses an external pump. I have used methanol on roots and centrifugal blowers before and after the blower. I used it also to cool down the blower as well. I tried 100% water, 50/50. washer fluid, Yellow heat bottles (that worked great) and straight Methanol from the race gas place I go to. It did add more octane and depending how much you spayed it acted like an extra fuel pump. I used it when my fuel pump was above 95% duty cycle and got another full point richer in my A/F readings . My car now is not at the point I need a bigger fuel pump but it would be nice to have extra octane if you wanted to run more boost or timing. It is the cheapest fix but it still is a Band-Aid and if you have a system failure you could blow a head gaskets or worse. I did testing back in the day and I never got a huge air temp difference but the car was set on kill and lived for many years. Race gas and bigger injectors and bigger fuel pumps is the safest way. even having two pumps scares me because if one goes bad it is hard to diagnose.