Whipple 4.5L

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Do you know if the 3.4L Accufab Throttle body will fit the new Superchargers?

I suspect Woodruff Keys (needing an additional key) may also be an issue?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Ghost

Jun 15, 2018
I cannot wait to see how these new blowers perform on 93

ezratigfeld

Jan 9, 2019
Floda, Sweden
What about the 4.0 is it a more realistic option, what mods are required ?

Or maybe the best thing is to wait for the new 3.8L ?
I’m ready to upgrade fuel pumps and so on, but I don’t want to take it as far as tearing down the engine and change parts. Just as easy installation as possible is what I’m looking for.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What about the 4.0 is it a more realistic option, what mods are required ?

Or maybe the best thing is to wait for the new 3.8L ?
I’m ready to upgrade fuel pumps and so on, but I don’t want to take it as far as tearing down the engine and change parts. Just as easy installation as possible is what I’m looking for.

I will wait 6-8 months for the new 3.8... Granted the 4.0 gets the job done. There is just better stuff on the horizon.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Do you know if the 3.4L Accufab Throttle body will fit the new Superchargers?

I suspect Woodruff Keys (needing an additional key) may also be an issue?

Asking for a friend. ;)

honestly anything over 850whp needs a second key.. I have a kit where we drill the crank in the car to add a rollpin 180 degrees from the wood ruff.. works great. only other option from that is pulling motor out and cutting key way..

Reactions: Fast Freddy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
honestly anything over 850whp needs a second key.. I have a kit where we drill the crank in the car to add a rollpin 180 degrees from the wood ruff.. works great. only other option from that is pulling motor out and cutting key way..

Very interesting solution. I am looking forward to seeing what happens over the course of the next year.

ezratigfeld

Jan 9, 2019
Floda, Sweden
What aftermarket pumps do you recommend?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What aftermarket pumps do you recommend?

Depends how much power you want to make.

ezratigfeld

Jan 9, 2019
Floda, Sweden
Something that supports up to 1000hp. How much do original pumps with a boost a pump support, maybe it's enough?

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How much do original pumps with a boost a pump support?

+1

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What most people don’t realize is that the cooling system was not designed to cool the additional power. It’s ok ok if your a drag racer but it will over heat on the track
A pulley and tune is the best and safest bet
Just my 02

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Doesn't the GTGuy make an upsized radiator?

I would post a link but the website is gone in favor of facebook :(

ezratigfeld

Jan 9, 2019
Floda, Sweden
+1 ?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

I have the same question.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I was making 1240hp to the wheels with the stock pumps and boostapumps but I was running a surge tank and an additional pump and bigger injectors. I suspect the stock fuel system with boostapumps may be maxed out at around 900hp for a supercharged application.. the twin turbo guys were making 1000-1100 with stock pumps and boostapumps..

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Something that supports up to 1000hp. How much do original pumps with a boost a pump support, maybe it's enough?

With a supercharger I would say 850whp would be max on Gasoline with twin 300lph pumps with a boost a pump. That would be about 1000fwhp.. You can get away with more rwhp on twin turbos with factory pumps because the turbos do not use Fuel hp to turn the turbos like the supercharger does.
I have some 400lph drop ins that will support 1100whp with boost a pumps on e85 fuel with stock fuel system and a supercharger. Therefore they would support more power than that on gasoline. I also have a new analog duel boost a pump that is very compact and plug and play for the GT. So that means no more cutting up your oem wiring harness and anyone can install it by simply removing their inner fender liner.

Soroushes car had twin oem pumps with Kenne boost a pumps and two secondary fuel pumps with a iridium surge tank mounted in the rear of his car to support the 1200whp it made on NOS. The surge tank had a fuel pressure regulator on it and return line on it that went down the frame rail to the oem filler neck with a fitting welded in it.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Doesn't the GTGuy make an upsized radiator?

I would post a link but the website is gone in favor of facebook :(

The biggest thing is updating the innercooler under the supercharger. I will have a bolt in kit for that with in the next month here.
I have to spec the two hoses yet that will need to be changed to 1''. but it will include a new innercooler core with 1'' inlet and outlets versus 1/2 oem, (the tube adapters 1'' versus 1/2' oem) and a new outlet adapter that will also be 1''. This will be a significant improvement over stock for both twin turbo and supercharged cars due to the inlet temp heat by the extra boost of either power adder. Any time you make more power you will always need more cooling.

I don't feel there is a way to properly cool any GT for road coarse use with larger horse power with out spending cubic dollars on much bigger cooling stuff up front. Most guys looking to go fast in a straight line are not road coarse guys anyways but there is a trade off when you are looking to make more power.

Just look at all the stuff Ford had to do on the new GT500 for it to be able to track consistently with a supercharger. LOTS AND LOTS OF EXTRA COOLING!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What most people don’t realize is that the cooling system was not designed to cool the additional power. It’s ok ok if your a drag racer but it will over heat on the track
A pulley and tune is the best and safest bet
Just my 02

Easy to make the case that GT - even as OEM let alone pulley/tune is inadequate for any kind of sustained track running in any temps above 75F or so. Engine cooling is a system of systems. Upgrading the radiator is unlikely to return any practical benefit. The GT is constrained on the amount of available airflow and the OEM capitalizes on what is available. If anyone seriously wants to leverage the GT as a track weapon, ditching the AC (and the condensor) and going normally aspirated would be two BIG changes that allows it to serve that purpose.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My GT has functional brake ducts ,a racing radiator that is completely sealed so no in coming air can escape around the rad pack.My car has a pulley and has been tuned on the dyno by Bob Ida. Racing radiator courtesy of Rich Brooks
Car on the street never goes over 180
On the track ( which I don’t do much anymore with the GT) It never ran over 225
Anyone who knows me knows I drive it hard on a race track!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
FWIW, on my completely stock car at Rally 12 on the UMC track, I was hitting 230 degrees, and I wasn’t consistently standing on the gas pedal all the way down the front straight. That probably would have added another 10 degrees. The air temps at that one were in the 90’s to 100 range, if I recall correctly. So listen to roketman about increasing cooling if you plan to do road courses.