Whipple 4.5L

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Heat soak is an issue with forced air power adders. Not so much with occasional blast. Becomes noticeable with continuously longer duration operation.

A friend had his bone stock ‘05 GT go into limp mode on Track at R12. That occurred with a very good driver simply pushing his GT hard.

Ramp down or derate is necessary safeguard to prevent engine damages to overheating and can challenging to overcome on track or long straight high speed events.

Inlet air temps (IATs) must be kept in a manageable range. Several items must be upgraded such as Increased heat exchanger surface areas of Radiator, inner cooler; high volume water pump with large diameter lines to a remote large ice cell; Methanol Injection; Ethanol fuel systems: etc. Any & all solutions come with large price tag!

There are many people on this Forum who are very experienced with high HP GTs. Seek them out if serious about tracking even a stock GT.

Happy Trails with whatever path you take!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fast Freddy

Anderson

GT Owner
May 8, 2021
San Diego & FL
Are these new options still coming to market? I couldn’t find anything new specifically designed for the FGT.

What are your performance goals? I WOULD NOT put a 4.5 whipple on it, that blower is way to big and requires a ton of support mods to engine fuel system etc.. There are two new options coming out for the Ford GT.. One will be a magnuson tvs 3.1 liter blower (same style rotor pack as 2020 gt 500 just bigger and the other will be the new gen 5 3.8 whipple.. Both of those options are a 100 times better than the old 3.4 and 4.0 whiipple technology.. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Reactions: 2112

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
If you want to maintain any handling capabilities in the corners stay with a 3.4l or smaller as bigger blowers are way heavier located at a high center of gravity that you can feel in the turns. I used to have a 3.4l and have a 4l now. The new 3.8l sounds like the best. Be interested to know the weight differences between all three. My 4.0l with 20 lbs of boost runs 20 degrees cooler than stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anderson

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Doesn’t seem many owners are exploring performance improvements these days. Too much riding on maintaining maximum auction value.

I am anxious to see if the 3.8L is a big improvement over the old 3.8L.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
If you want to maintain any handling capabilities in the corners stay with a 3.4l or smaller as bigger blowers are way heavier located at a high center of gravity that you can feel in the turns. I used to have a 3.4l and have a 4l now. The new 3.8l sounds like the best. Be interested to know the weight differences between all three. My 4.0l with 20 lbs of boost runs 20 degrees cooler than stock.

You noticed a difference in handling between the 3.4L and 4.0L Whipple on the same car?