What is the Max you guys have pulled in 1st gear?

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
GT,ers
I know you can get 0 to 60 in 1st gear but what is the most MPH
anyone has done? I was hoping something like 90 YAAAAABABY....

Billy

Attachments

• Caddyshack_300x298.jpg
    Caddyshack_300x298.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 307

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
GT,ers
I know you can get 0 to 60 in 1st gear but what is the most MPH
anyone has done? I was hoping something like 90 YAAAAABABY....

Billy

90 in first???!!!

Uuuuuuuuuuuh...'you plannin' to keep all the pistons in their EXISTING holes and all the rods at STOCK length??? (Not to mention all the valves where THEY ought to be?!) :eek:eek:eek :willy:willy:willy:ack

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It redlines out at about 68-69 mph @ 6,500 rpm. After that the rev limiter takes over and prevents further acceleration. Some of the fellows may have removed the rev limiter, or set it higher, but I doubt if they want to sacrifice an engine.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
According to Ricardo engineering (the company who built the transaxles) this is the break down of top speed in each gear.

1st gear= 62 MPH
2nd gear= 95 MPH
3rd gear= 131 MPH
4th gear= 171 MPH
5th gear= 210 MPH
6th gear= 255 MPH

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, if you raised it to 7k like most people you might see 70 mph.

I know that those are the gear limitations as listed, but when we were at Oscoda with the twin turbo the car went 232 in 5th with a 7k rpm limit in 5th.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

I know that those are the gear limitations as listed, but when we were at Oscoda with the twin turbo the car went 232 in 5th with a 7k rpm limit in 5th.

This may seem like a dumb question but how long of a straight away would you need to get to 232+ and then back to zero. Just curious.....

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Road & Track magazine clocked Don's TT to 235.4 and back to 0 within a closed 2 mile runway. Don told me that on one of the runs, the car came back to the staging area with a few clumps of grass on the chin. :eek

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
This may seem like a dumb question but how long of a straight away would you need to get to 232+ and then back to zero. Just curious.....

it depends where they place the brick wall. :biggrin Ok. seriously, there are bunches of variables in that questions depending on heat, wind, surface etc ....

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
90 in first???!!!

Uuuuuuuuuuuh...'you plannin' to keep all the pistons in their EXISTING holes and all the rods at STOCK length??? (Not to mention all the valves where THEY ought to be?!) :eek:eek:eek :willy:willy:willy:ack

:rofl :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :lol

LOL !!!!!!!!!! Nothing a new $40k + engine wouldn't fix.....:ack :ack

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Was that Rays yellow car?

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Yes it was :banana

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Road & Track magazine clocked Don's TT to 235.4 and back to 0 within a closed 2 mile runway. Don told me that on one of the runs, the car came back to the staging area with a few clumps of grass on the chin. :eek

So I am assuming a little more than two miles would be the ideal length...:lol. Thanks for the info. That is a two mile run I would love to make. Congrats again to Don on a hell of a run. :thumbsup

H

HHGT

How much gas is used up to do a 0-200-0 run?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Proably not too much, on the braking part of the run.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

It only takes about 30 seconds to reach 200 depending on mods so it's not like you're gonna run out. But then again, race gas is about $15 per gallon now isn't it?:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Probably more than you think, but not all that much. There's been a couple of times where I've been driving and you can physically see the needle moving. :lol One blast up to 200 won't do much at all though.

It only takes about 30 seconds to reach 200 depending on mods so it's not like you're gonna run out. But then again, race gas is about $15 per gallon now isn't it?:lol

110 was $8 a gallon and I paid $6xx for a 55 gallon drum of C16. Well worth it!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
110 was $8 a gallon and I paid $6xx for a 55 gallon drum of C16. Well worth it![/QUOTE]

Guess I'd better stock up before it goes up.

Are you running leaded and if so, any problems with the o2 sensors?

Where do you buy your fuel?

H

HHGT

Probably more than you think, but not all that much. There's been a couple of times where I've been driving and you can physically see the needle moving. :lol One blast up to 200 won't do much at all though.

I read somewhere that the Veyron will almost empty its tank by the time it reaches full speed and back to zero.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I read somewhere that the Veyron will almost empty its tank by the time it reaches full speed and back to zero.

That is because it takes so damm long to reach its advertised top speed! :lol