Way to go Tim Cantwell

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, I enjoyed meeting you & your sons. Enjoy transforming #4. I'm going to check out again a very low mileage pristine Tungsten today. While I was negotiating my Heritage buy, someone scooped in on the Tungsten but couldn't consummate the transaction.

Great choice on the Tungsten, very rare! Hope to see you and your lovely wife again someday soon!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Steve asks ... so what are you looking for as number 5?

Should my answer possibly be.......BLACK? (No stripes perhaps???)

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Steve asks ... so what are you looking for as number 5?

Should my answer possibly be.......BLACK? (No stripes perhaps???)

:lol Trade me a yellow no stripe and its a deal!!

It was great seeing you again and I really enjoyed chatting with your son at the "budget" detailer you found for us.

Wish you guys lived closer would be a blast chasing loti.

see you at the next one.
S

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
:lol Trade me a yellow no stripe and its a deal!!

It was great seeing you again and I really enjoyed chatting with your son at the "budget" detailer you found for us.

Wish you guys lived closer would be a blast chasing loti.

see you at the next one.
S

Thanks Steve, we enjoyed our time together as well. After all, we don't live that far apart. We'll have to concoct a good reason to gather some of the guys who live within 500 miles for a regional rally perhaps!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
.......thank you Tim for being so considerate of others. If you ever come to NYC, please let me know...I would love to take you and family around on a movie set for the day.
You have all my respect Tim. Thank you, and many great miles with your new GT. Isn't that a pretty rare color?

Gino

Thanks for your kind remarks Gino. I always live by the rule that you should always treat others the same way you wish to be treated. You've now made it more difficult for me to uphold those standards, in fact, there are ten other forum members who expect me to wax their cars for them!!!! Seriously, I have to second Steve's remarks. He, Chip, Bony and others at our table in Scottsdale last week talked about this very subject. It's hard to believe that such a high concentration of high caliber people can be found in one, single group. For example Todd went way out of his way to visit with the seller of the yellow car I bought, drove it, called the mechanic to discuss service history, etc. etc. He is even going to store the car at his house for me until shipping can be arranged. Todd went above and beyond!! There's no explaining how this group became what it has. In contrast, I just came back from a Ferrari Club event today, and asked my wife if there was any way to get my day back (A total waste of time!) I never leave my fellow GT owners feeling that way, when a GT Forum event or meeting concludes, I feel like a kid leaving summer camp and leaving all his or her good friends behind. I can't tell you how many cell phone calls were exchanged during our trip home from L.A. between myself and other GT owners checking up on one another during their respective trips home. Few groups care enough about one another to go to the lengths this group does. Let's keep the fire burning!!!! Oh, and to answer your question, yellow is indeed a rare color.

BTY Gino, My wife and I plan to drive to NYC sometime after my son's wedding this Fall and we had planned to contact you to see if you could join us for dinner. I'll keep you posted! It's an honor that a big TV Star such as yourself would befriend the little guys like us! Hope you can join in on the party next time!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
ok,I give up ?what show on speed?
gino ,tim and all the others on the forum are top notch! I am honored to be part of the GT familly! hope I can live up to it!! Im really trying!!
Mark o can you help?? see you at Tasca?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks Steve, we enjoyed our time together as well. After all, we don't live that far apart. We'll have to concoct a good reason to gather some of the guys who live within 500 miles for a regional rally perhaps!

Done ... in a heartbeat ... done. Would love to get together or host something for us guys in the middle. Hint hint ... aggie427 and the texas crowd. (no Fred your not off the hook) .... maybe even drag out Dr Frank, John and all.

possibly arrange a mid winter get together out of the cold down in Austin area in Jan?

how about it you guys?

S

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
congrats Tim and it sure didnt take long for the word to get out
Todd

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Tim, if and when you make it down to So Cal, be sure to let us know so we can get together. I really enjoyed having dinner with you and your family on the boat in NB.

Ron

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
which one gets the Whipple Tim?

I know one of the Cantwell GTs will have a Whipple. Nice meeting you & the boys.

Ed

PS Heidi wants to know if the boys got their feet wet in the Pacific?

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And you trust Todd. the safecracker, to get and store your car? Hey Todd, I'd like a set of keys too!

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
There was a time....

......when I felt most guilty for spending $166,000 for a car I would seldom use. Using the flimsiest of rationalization, hey, I need this Ford GT to go with my Cobra and Shelby Mustang to complete the three car set, and this is the last year Ford is going to make these so I better move fast! Add to my son's college fund? Ahhh, I'll do that later. Pay down my home mortgage? I'll get around to that. Eliminate some business debt? I'll be moving in that direction shortly. Spend 166K to buy a car sight unseen over the telephone I have never driven. I'M ON IT!!! :banana :banana :banana but I did feel a tad guilty, selfish, and foolhardy.

NOT anymore!!!

Those GT Forum Stallions who own 3, 4 or even seven GT's have washed all that away! I now realize that I am frugal, responsible, conservative, and compassionate. Like Gandhi, I lead a minimalist life consuming only what I need to survive. Waste not, want not. I am surviving with only one GT!

Chip

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ode to Tim - Part Two

......when I felt most guilty for spending $166,000 for a car I would seldom use. Using the flimsiest of rationalization, hey, I need this Ford GT to go with my Cobra and Shelby Mustang to complete the three car set, and this is the last year Ford is going to make these so I better move fast! Add to my son's college fund? Ahhh, I'll do that later. Pay down my home mortgage? I'll get around to that. Eliminate some business debt? I'll be moving in that direction shortly. Spend 166K to buy a car sight unseen over the telephone I have never driven. I'M ON IT!!! :banana :banana :banana but I did feel a tad guilty, selfish, and foolhardy.

NOT anymore!!!

Those GT Forum Stallions who own 3, 4 or even seven GT's have washed all that away! I now realize that I am frugal, responsible, conservative, and compassionate. Like Gandhi, I lead a minimalist life consuming only what I need to survive. Waste not, want not. I am surviving with only one GT!

Chip

:shrug Chip only one? And you consider that minimalist?

I had multiple conversations with a certain driver of the GT Forum Pace Car. After the auto cross.

You had best recalibrate you debt load. The garage addition for her GT/S7/? needs to be done soon.

Plus you need to find her 3-4 acres (freshly paved of course) for her own private auto cross course.

Seriously, I am always overjoyed to talk to a new "convert" to high performance driving. It's like Pandora's Box opened and out jumped the world of auto sports.

Acceleration, Braking and Cornering magically appear.

Their brains somehow get reprogrammed and they have a need to drive a car much nearer to it's performance limits. And by expanding their personal performance driving abilities : they become a better and safer driver.

And performance driving becomes THE reason for driving a car.

Tim C. -- the adult adoption papers being sent Fed Ex. And should be in your hands Monday a.m. :biggrin Please let Todd know that it's o.k. to give me the keys to #4.:cheers

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Done ... in a heartbeat ... done. Would love to get together or host something for us guys in the middle. Hint hint ... aggie427 and the texas crowd. (no Fred your not off the hook) .... maybe even drag out Dr Frank, John and all.

possibly arrange a mid winter get together out of the cold down in Austin area in Jan?

how about it you guys?

S

Great idea Steve!!!! I am in!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
congrats Tim and it sure didnt take long for the word to get out
Todd

Todd, It took David a total of 14 minutes after we spoke on the phone to start this thread!! Unbelievable. Also, the first thing Tony asked me when I called him to see how he was progressing on his trip home was, "I heard you bought another GT." He has been driving home since Friday, and knew you had checked out the car, and I bought it by Saturday morning. There are no secrets with this group.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, if and when you make it down to So Cal, be sure to let us know so we can get together. I really enjoyed having dinner with you and your family on the boat in NB.

Ron

Will do Ron! It was a pleasure meeting you!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I know one of the Cantwell GTs will have a Whipple. Nice meeting you & the boys.

Ed

PS Heidi wants to know if the boys got their feet wet in the Pacific?

Ed,

The boys LOVED meeting you and your wife. Unfortunately, they did not get to put their feet in the Pacific. I will have to take them to Hawawii to get together with "Aloha" perhaps. My son Garrett thinks we should pimp out the Midnight blue car with the Whipple, wheels etc. (By the way, thanks for the tip on the CCW wheels, I may order two sets of different wheels for the car!) Look forward to seeing you again.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
There are no secrets with this group.

All for the better I believe. Interszting how we all watch out for each other and will go to extreme's to help one another.,, Like a second extended amily.

Considering the caliber of people here - it's a great family!

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Any you trust Todd. the safecracker, to get and store your car? Hey Todd, I'd like a set of keys too!

Funny - all honesty based on Todd's expertise - It's probably in the safest place in the LA area. Probably has three levels of security - last being a relative wathcing over her :thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
PL510*Jeff;81470Tim C. -- the adult adoption papers being sent Fed Ex. And should be in your hands Monday a.m. :biggrin Please let Todd know that it's o.k. to give me the keys to #4.:cheers[/QUOTE said:
Jeff,

You would fit right in with my other three sons! Consider yourself adopted!