Way to go Tim Cantwell

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
I can only assume this is our same Tim Cantwell, 3 GT owner member, that has just added number 4 to the stable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=110157181490&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

I have to say, this color combo would be my next purchase if I were in the market for another GT.

Again, Congratulations.

David

ps. If this is not the same Tim .... opps :willy

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
A great buy. Hope it was the Forum's Tim. Congratulations.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Come on admit it Tim :)

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Come on Tim...we just talked about this. I haven't even started my search yet!

Congrats. :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
It's going to a good home for sure. I certainly enjoyed the Cantwell family at the rally. A great guy with great kids. :cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
+3 i see over me :thumbsup dude! I idolize ya, Chris and the big guy - Rich!:cheers

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You guys should work for the FBI!!!

I can't believe that you guys found me out so soon. I just consumated the deal with the help of Todd and Bruce and from So. Cal before leaving for dinner tonight. My son found the car last Saturday during the rally, and Todd went to see the car for me this evening. He called me from the seller's home to let me know that it all checked out, so I bought it. My plan at this point is to convert it to a GTX1, contingent upon Mark's production schedule, etc. As some of you remember I was hinting at buying a yellow car during the rally, and found the right car today. I have to tell you that without the great guys in this forum, it would never have happened. Todd went out of his way to drive the car, speak to the mechanic at the dealership who serviced it, and meet with the seller as my "agent". The seller is a great guy, who has appeared in several movies including The Fast and the Furious. Todd met with him in Malibu, then stopped by Bruce's house in Malibu for a beer. Bruce faxed me the sales contract that I gave to Todd for the seller to sign. It was a true Forum group effort. So you guys found me out, number four will be added to the mix, a 2006 yellow car with stripes. Chris....what's next for you?

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
Congrats...

on #4.

It was my honor to fax a document of such significance :)

Have Mark make it a one of a kind Malibu GTX.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Tim, You Da Man.......Early 0n my two were over the top, But you are on the right track. Best colors and right idea with GTX1. Hope to join you soon X1 ??? Congrats...George

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
:banana:bananaExcellent! You'll really love it when it becomes an X1. I know I am!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well at least I have more posts than you !!! So huh !!!

But seriously Congratulations !!!!
:party

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
First you get the blue no stripe car then add a yellow one. Tim if you weren't such a great guy it would be easy to hate you! :lol Congratulations on number 4 ... so what are you looking for as number 5? :biggrin

The quality of the people on this forum and their combined passion about these cars never cease to amaze me.

Good luck on the conversion.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Whew Tim... looks like you are starting your own FGT Museum. Congrats... I talked to Todd last night and he like me will go anywhere for a GT Beer :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Tim.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Tim, I enjoyed meeting you & your sons. Enjoy transforming #4. I'm going to check out again a very low mileage pristine Tungsten today. While I was negotiating my Heritage buy, someone scooped in on the Tungsten but couldn't consummate the transaction.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I have been thinking for a while now, that when I grow up I want to be just like Tim. After meeting Tim at SEMA last year,(Tim came over to the Speed booth to say hello)and congratulating me on that Speed show I had, we met again at the Indy meet. As I was at the bar having a beer with some of the guys, I reminded myself that my GT was in the garage, waiting to be cleaned. Feeling a little loose, I left the bar and went down to the garage to attend to the little lady. As I approached, i was having a dream...the closer I got to the GT, the cleaner it looked. I was sure i was mistaken, but as i got to the car, it was gleaming...I mean, under those lights, it looked almost waxed . Well it was. Someone cleaned my GT? Was it possible that I cleaned it and didn;t remember? Boy, I thought, I am getting old for sure. Cant even remember if I had cleaned it or not. But I was sure I didn't. So, now I set out to look for an answer, or who was this person that would do this. When I parked the GT, I did notice the fellow from Canada was washing his GT close to mine. I assumed that he might have his young son clean mine as well. I decided that whom ever he/she was, I needed to do something for them. The next day,Sunday, I picked up a little trinket at the track, and was looking for that fellow from canada, as I was sure it had to be him. After returning from the track, while in the garage, I was explaing to Dr. Frank what had happened. He said Yea..I saw someone cleaning your car...it was Tim Cantwell........I was astonished. When I approched Tim he was almost ready to deni it...and I guess felt a little embarrassed that I had found him out. He proceeded to say that water had gotten all over my car from someone washing their car very close, and he felt he could not leave it with all that water causing water marks. I gave him that little trinket I had purchased, explaining that it was for the person that did this. He refused it at first, but i made him accept it. This is the caliber of person that Tim Cantwell is. Now he is on his 4th GT......well guys, as far as I am concerned, I dont think anyone in this Forum deserves it more than Tim. I wish you all the best in the world Tim, and I salute you for being a better person. You have struck a cord in me, and I will never forget the type person you are. If there was something I could ever do for you and your family, all you need to do is ask. You might not think so, but that really meant a lot to me, that someone would help out a perfect stranger the way you did. I will never forget this. thank you Tim for being so considerate of others. If you ever come to NYC, please let me know...I would love to take you and family around on a movie set for the day.
You have all my respect Tim. Thank you, and many great miles with your new GT. Isn't that a pretty rare color?

Gino

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I have been thinking for a while now, that when I grow up I want to be just like Tim. After meeting Tim at SEMA last year,(Tim came over to the Speed booth to say hello)and congratulating me on that Speed show I had, we met again at the Indy meet. As I was at the bar having a beer with some of the guys, I reminded myself that my GT was in the garage, waiting to be cleaned. Feeling a little loose, I left the bar and went down to the garage to attend to the little lady. As I approached, i was having a dream...the closer I got to the GT, the cleaner it looked. I was sure i was mistaken, but as i got to the car, it was gleaming...I mean, under those lights, it looked almost waxed . Well it was. Someone cleaned my GT? Was it possible that I cleaned it and didn;t remember? Boy, I thought, I am getting old for sure. Cant even remember if I had cleaned it or not. But I was sure I didn't. So, now I set out to look for an answer, or who was this person that would do this. When I parked the GT, I did notice the fellow from Canada was washing his GT close to mine. I assumed that he might have his young son clean mine as well. I decided that whom ever he/she was, I needed to do something for them. The next day,Sunday, I picked up a little trinket at the track, and was looking for that fellow from canada, as I was sure it had to be him. After returning from the track, while in the garage, I was explaing to Dr. Frank what had happened. He said Yea..I saw someone cleaning your car...it was Tim Cantwell........I was astonished. When I approched Tim he was almost ready to deni it...and I guess felt a little embarrassed that I had found him out. He proceeded to say that water had gotten all over my car from someone washing their car very close, and he felt he could not leave it with all that water causing water marks. I gave him that little trinket I had purchased, explaining that it was for the person that did this. He refused it at first, but i made him accept it. This is the caliber of person that Tim Cantwell is. Now he is on his 4th GT......well guys, as far as I am concerned, I dont think anyone in this Forum deserves it more than Tim. I wish you all the best in the world Tim, and I salute you for being a better person. You have struck a cord in me, and I will never forget the type person you are. If there was something I could ever do for you and your family, all you need to do is ask. You might not think so, but that really meant a lot to me, that someone would help out a perfect stranger the way you did. I will never forget this. thank you Tim for being so considerate of others. If you ever come to NYC, please let me know...I would love to take you and family around on a movie set for the day.
You have all my respect Tim. Thank you, and many great miles with your new GT. Isn't that a pretty rare color?

Gino

Agreed ... he's first rate.

IF we can get Chip elected president ... then I will personally petition Chip to appoint Tim as secretary of state. That way if CHip appoints me secretary of War (opps I meant defense) then I won't feel bad nuking anyone that says Tim is a bad guy. :biggrin

Once again congrats on your yellow purchase ... if you find one without stripes please call me before you buy it. that way I can really have Tim Cantwell envy.

S

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very Cool

Tim Congratulations.

I knew you were going to go and get a Yellow, just didn’t think you would find one so quickly.

Good job.:thumbsup

Now Chris will have to find one too.:lol

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations Tim. That's an incredible stable of GT's. You will love having a X1.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
on #4.

It was my honor to fax a document of such significance :)

Have Mark make it a one of a kind Malibu GTX.

Thanks Bruce!!! I'll have to do some customizing to recognize the significance of the Malibu connection!