Way to go Tim Cantwell

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
We do a get together every year with the Texas Cobra Club in March....spend a couple of days in the hill country cruising. Steve you ask and I know of several here in Texas that are in.

Just tell me the time and place.

matt

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
We do a get together every year with the Texas Cobra Club in March....spend a couple of days in the hill country cruising. Steve you ask and I know of several here in Texas that are in.

Just tell me the time and place.

matt

OK Tim, we have the guys down south in. How about something here in a few weeks at Hallet in Oklahoma. I think I might be able to arrange a track day. Or we can do something after the first of the year as a winter warm up run.

any thoughts you guys.... Hey Matt thats a big hint. Miss cruising the hills with you guys. Maybe everyone in our group can find boost this time. :lol

S

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
Tim,

We are ready to go when you are, let me be the first to welcome you to "THE X-MEN" family. I was hoping to get a picture of all of the GTX1's together at the Newport Beach Rally for the first X-MEN pic, I was not able to get it done, maybe next time.:banana:banana

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
matt shultze. that is pretty cool. he drove the blue maxima in the fast and the furious. i think if i met him, id have to ask if his character survived in the first movie. cause they kinda left that open. im impressed he uses his name as his ebay name.

anyway, nice GT. what color is next? tungsten? red?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Family Reunion

Tim - I'm honored. Thanks Dad.

You can stop looking for #5. As a family member I bring my '06 Tungsten to the Cantwell Family GT collection. With 43k on the o.d. We must start looking for #6 soon.

BTW, if you want, I would be willing to drive the bumble bee car, from Todd's to your abode and/or up to Green Bay. I am serious about this and would be done at zero cost to you. PM me when you get a chance.

your faithful Son,

Jeff

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
OK Tim, we have the guys down south in. How about something here in a few weeks at Hallet in Oklahoma. I think I might be able to arrange a track day. Or we can do something after the first of the year as a winter warm up run.

any thoughts you guys.... Hey Matt thats a big hint. Miss cruising the hills with you guys. Maybe everyone in our group can find boost this time. :lol

S

I think we have a plan going. I'm not sure if Hallett would work, as last time I went their in the winter, there was ice on the track!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I think we have a plan going. I'm not sure if Hallett would work, as last time I went their in the winter, there was ice on the track!

Said Hallett in a few weeks (re mid-late september) South texas after the first of the year.

But if you can bring ice to Hallett now ... come on down its 102 outside.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Family Reunion

Tim - I'm honored. Thanks Dad.

You can stop looking for #5. As a family member I bring my '06 Tungsten to the Cantwell Family GT collection. With 43k on the o.d. We must start looking for #6 soon.

BTW, if you want, I would be willing to drive the bumble bee car, from Todd's to your abode and/or up to Green Bay. I am serious about this and would be done at zero cost to you. PM me when you get a chance.

your faithful Son,

Jeff

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Todd, It took David a total of 14 minutes after we spoke on the phone to start this thread!! Unbelievable. Also, the first thing Tony asked me when I called him to see how he was progressing on his trip home was, "I heard you bought another GT." He has been driving home since Friday, and knew you had checked out the car, and I bought it by Saturday morning. There are no secrets with this group.

Tim,
When I started looking for a GT last year, I was searching for either a Yellow/Black or a Heritage. I obviously bought a Heritage and now would love to figure out a way to get a Yellow GT. So needless to say each one that comes up on ebay I watch closely. Your ebay id kind of gave it away :biggrin

Sorry if I spilled to beans too quickly.

David ( 007 - GT Private Eye )

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Tim.
Glad to see you bought that car, while folks made sophomoric remarks about the ebay ad. Enjoy the ride.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats Tim.
Glad to see you bought that car, while folks made sophomoric remarks about the ebay ad. Enjoy the ride.

I suggest and will prescribe another Makers for ya! The ad was great - hthe sellers ego kept everybody away except who really truly wanted the car- a family member! :thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim,
When I started looking for a GT last year, I was searching for either a Yellow/Black or a Heritage. I obviously bought a Heritage and now would love to figure out a way to get a Yellow GT. So needless to say each one that comes up on ebay I watch closely. Your ebay id kind of gave it away :biggrin

Sorry if I spilled to beans too quickly.

David ( 007 - GT Private Eye )

I guess the "beans" would have been spilt sooner or later. Glad it was you that found me out!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congrats Tim.

I believe that your observations about the ad are correct. However, I found the seller (Matt) to be very kind gentleman who has been a pleasure to work with. He communicated with me promptly and did all he could to accomodate our inspection, etc. He seem like one of "us". Everything is final as of today, and my transport guy who happens to be dropping off a car to Demolition Man in San Francisco is planning to pick it up for me on Wednesday this week.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
A belated congratulations Tim!! :cheers I can't believe how quickly you found one!! (Chris, what's taking you so long to find one??? :rofl) Now all you need are Black, Silver, Tungsten, & Red... Or do you just need a larger family to justify the extra 3? :biggrin A picture of all 4 together would be awesome if you get a chance at some point... Beautiful GT collection!!:thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
A belated congratulations Tim!! :cheers I can't believe how quickly you found one!! (Chris, what's taking you so long to find one??? :rofl) Now all you need are Black, Silver, Tungsten, & Red... Or do you just need a larger family to justify the extra 3? :biggrin A picture of all 4 together would be awesome if you get a chance at some point... Beautiful GT collection!!:thumbsup

I just arranged shipping, and should have it here next week, so a photo will be forthcoming. Hope to you and Steve soon!