Vehicle registration now required to purchase parts

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Makes Scotts shocks (servicable in the long run, in addition to ride and handling improvements) look like a better investment

BTW, rear shocks retail for $990+ each right now.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Uh... that is MSRP. Actual retail is about $570 with a quick Google. Fronts are about $250.

Assuming the parts system can supply any.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Uh, I said RETAIL. I think most people got it, but thanks for helping with any others needing a bit more time.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Apparently, someone thought that rear shocks cost $990 based on your post. But I get it. Your retail is $990. My retail is $571. Or maybe less. $571 was the first search return.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And all along I thought that $990 was retail and you found them for the discounted price of $571. But I get the point that you are never wrong so I'm just mistaken. Begging for forgiveness

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I explained that $990 is MSRP...SR meaning suggested retail, AKA the "list price." But retail, that is the sale of goods to the consumer, price is whatever I, the consumer, pay. You can call it discounted, on sale, special offer, but in fact any price I pay as a consumer buying from a retailer is the retail price.

Now, when you say "...rear shocks retail for $990+ each right now," I know that many here will think that is what the shocks cost, because that is what "retail for" means. And some may be charged that and pay that and not care. But the fact is I can order them retail for $571. I just wasted another two minutes and found three more Ford dealers selling them for $603, $577, and another $571. All retail prices. The supply system may not deliver, but that is a separate issue.

I will bet that many will be relieved to hear that instead of paying 10 times the value of the shock, they only have to pay six times the value. What a deal!

I do appreciate the help you provide here, but I'm not going to forgive being patronized.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Patronized? Impossible! Remember you are always right. Don't back down now. Ramp up your email machine and start firing off corrections to those dozen or so websites YOU referenced - all of which have some variation like below showing both the retail price and their discounted price. They're all wrong, I'm wrong, and your're right. Please get them to change their policies - them and virtually every other merchant who commonly show retail price and a discount price. Have confidence! You're still the smartest guy in the room!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love Arby’s. Best fast food condiments hands down.

Reactions: 2112

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Damn it Dave... the party was just getting started!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Hijack!

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Hello - I am rather new to this. I own a 2005 GT and ordered parts thru my local Ford Dealer in mid-June and again on July 1. Had to supply a copy of my registration. Most parts showed up. Ford told the dealer that the other parts shipped weeks ago, but have never showed up. I noticed on the shipping labels, of the parts that I received, that they were send 2nd day. My dealer said that Ford won't give them tracking numbers and now won't return their calls. So I sit here in limbo, with the dealer sitting on $2500 of my money.....for how long????? I was beginning to wonder if the dealer was feeding me BS for some reason, but reading the experiences above, it sounds like the dealer is correct. How can I or my dealer follow-up to determine why Ford won't deliver???
Kendall can vouch for me as a real GT owner, he just shipped me a Heffner exhaust and some of his fine parts.
Thanks
Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Welcome to the forum.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Hello - I am rather new to this. I own a 2005 GT and ordered parts thru my local Ford Dealer in mid-June and again on July 1. Had to supply a copy of my registration. Most parts showed up. Ford told the dealer that the other parts shipped weeks ago, but have never showed up. I noticed on the shipping labels, of the parts that I received, that they were send 2nd day. My dealer said that Ford won't give them tracking numbers and now won't return their calls. So I sit here in limbo, with the dealer sitting on $2500 of my money.....for how long????? I was beginning to wonder if the dealer was feeding me BS for some reason, but reading the experiences above, it sounds like the dealer is correct. How can I or my dealer follow-up to determine why Ford won't deliver???
Kendall can vouch for me as a real GT owner, he just shipped me a Heffner exhaust and some of his fine parts.
Thanks
Ed

parts are probably on back order...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What parts are short shipped? If you can't get stock status from your dealer try another that will. I gave up on my local dealer for price and availability long ago. Reach out to Tasca. www.tascaparts.com and call them and check on the prices and availability. I suspect you'll end up canceling your dealer order :). Caveat though: Some parts are quite large and shipping can get quite high. For example, the size of the chin splitter gives UPS/Fedex a hissy fit. It's cheaper to get it from the dealer who gets parts from depot in bulk shipments. But if you're getting simple things Tasca wins most of the time.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I was considering doing just that. My concern is that it might be the dealer. Or, once an unfilled order sits for two months it simply gets forgotten. Especially, an order that was supposedly shipped, but never showed up.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
There's something seriously wrong with the Ford GT parts ordering system. To my understanding, it is well outside normal processes and my parts guys also seem to have a hard time to know ANYTHING about a part status. Sometimes parts take a few days - and sometimes WEEKs... but also seems difficult to get status on the ones that take weeks. I think the parts guys at the dealership are busy people but are required to call and are placed on hold and can't get good info even when they can speak to someone. I've literally switched part counter guys that I have been loyal to for years thinking it was THEM, but I am really convinced it is Ford.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Thanks for that info. I suppose I should stick with my dealer. For one item, Ford shows inventory of six. The other item is the left side headlight assembly 4G7Z-13008-AD, which is back ordered, due to a sub-component manufacturer problem. At least ford lists it as back ordered, not discontinued. Anyone have an extra headlight assembly for sale?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I have an answer to my lack of receiving ordered Ford GT parts. I started a new post under:
Ford GT Topics
05-06 Ford GT General
Why Ford APPEARS To Not Ship GT Parts