Valentine V1 Install in <10 Steps

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Whenever the K40 radar detector - jammer goes off, little winston jump up and out, salutes the whole world, must be my penile implant :)

Man of "steel" huh?

Years ago when I was interning for a marketing company, we did research on penile implants. It was... educational.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Man of "steel" huh?

Years ago when I was interning for a marketing company, we did research on penile implants. It was... educational.

Did you get caught taking home samples :rofl

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Did any of you guys have some trouble feeding the cable down from the Right A Piller to the R foot well area?

I did, but maybe it was just me.

Most comments here seem to be about something else. This is a tech area, isn't it?

Let me know!

Bill

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
none

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Did any of you guys have some trouble feeding the cable down from the Right A Piller to the R foot well area?

I did, but maybe it was just me.

Most comments here seem to be about something else. This is a tech area, isn't it?

Let me know!

Bill

Went off the mirror power. Go to post #35 in this thread....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Mirror power is the way to go. Piece of cake install.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Ok, after much reading, research, and install test/sampling!

My opinion, for whatever it's worth, the Norte install is the way to go!

I'm no authority here, but the aforementioned install includes the V1 breaker, and looks totally seamless. Not that the mirror install doesn’t look good, but this install is protected by V-1 breakers, looks perfect, and works perfectly.

As always, I'm sure there will be numerous opinions here, but, fully analyzing it from my opinion in both ways, IMHO, the Norte install is the way to go.

In either case, good luck with your install.

Bill

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I do not, but I connected the red wire to the black/wgreen stripe on the mirror (it is the left most wire in the mirror connecter) and the green wire to the right most wire in the mirror connecter (which is black).

I did this mirror connection with my car but the detector doesnt appear to turn off automatically, even after 20 minutes or so if i leave it on. Is there a reason for this?

Also - i turned on the lights, closed all doors and with engine shut off the interior lights dont turn off after 2o min either. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great thread..... but I have zero mechanical ability so I went for the V1 install in one step. Have Kendall do it. :wink :lol :cheers

I give you guys who are willing to wrench on your own gals all the credit in the world. :thumbsup:thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I did this mirror connection with my car but the detector doesnt appear to turn off automatically, even after 20 minutes or so if i leave it on. Is there a reason for this?

Also - i turned on the lights, closed all doors and with engine shut off the interior lights dont turn off after 2o min either. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have mine powered off the mirror in both cars. They go off about 10 minutes after turning off the key. They power back up automatically when I open the door.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Do you have to lock the doors or something? I literally shut down the car, closed all doors and the light/V1 both stay on.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I timed mine. 20 seconds from the time I shut the door, the lights and the V1 went out. Did it twice to make sure. No need to lock it.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I timed mine. 20 seconds from the time I shut the door, the lights and the V1 went out. Did it twice to make sure. No need to lock it.

ok...seems like some guys have it so that it turns off with the light as it dims others have it turn off when the light turns off via the computer (10 min later)...i connected mine to both setups and it never turns off! will try again. thanks!

Aug 25, 2006

ok...seems like some guys have it so that it turns off with the light as it dims others have it turn off when the light turns off via the computer (10 min later)...i connected mine to both setups and it never turns off! will try again. thanks!

You need the;

green = 12v

black with blue trace = auto sensing ground

FYI; the solid black is constant ground and it would never turn off

All the best

Shadowman

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
FWIW.... The same cord will work with the Passport x500 series too. (At least the 7500 and 8500).

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Stupid question here. I noticed Valentine sells a remote unit but if the main unit is mounted in such a way that it can detect radar/laser signals from front and rear of the car, the main display should be easily seen by the driver, then what's the need of a remote display?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Stupid question here. I noticed Valentine sells a remote unit but if the main unit is mounted in such a way that it can detect radar/laser signals from front and rear of the car, the main display should be easily seen by the driver, then what's the need of a remote display?

I have no need for an additional remote display. But if you want to be stealthy or have the extra time and money to make it more discreet...

From the Valentine1 website, for educational purposes only:

A big step toward privacy …

Tired of other drivers crowding up behind so they can live off your detector warnings? Or maybe you just prefer to keep a low profile. Here's a remote display that partners with V1, moving all the visual warnings to a location of your choosing while V1 continues on duty in the dark mode.

The Concealed Display may be attached directly to the Lighter Adapter (see Note below). Or you may mount it anywhere using self-stick interlocking fasteners, then connect with the power cord (included) to either the Lighter Adapter or Direct-Wire Power Adapter (both included with V1).

Mute and Mode selection are controlled by the Control Knob on the Display (On-Off and Volume adjustments remain on V1).

This compact module measures only 1.0-in. H x 2.5-in. W x 1.2-in. D. Satin-black finish matches V1.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Call me at 559 246 7943. Be glad to discuss the install which was very timw consuming but worthwhile.
I have observed this unit in other FGT's. In my mind it is the pick of the litter.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I enjoy my V1 greatly. I bought the simple plug from a third party to plug right into the mirror's power supply. Cost about $20, and took me 1 minute to install. Nice and easy - how I like it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I enjoy my V1 greatly. I bought the simple plug from a third party to plug right into the mirror's power supply. Cost about $20, and took me 1 minute to install. Nice and easy - how I like it.

One of these? http://invisicord.com/index.html I'm thinking about this, looks pretty good. Is this the one you got?