Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Link?

QSS
The company from whom I got the flasher has gone out of business, but if you google 3rd eye brake light flasher, several other companies are providing.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
GT calendar.jpegA very fun drive!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Today, I ran into this sweet '05 GT at the Orange County gas pumps. Fresh fluid changes and tires and looking showroom fresh!

View attachment 60286
Great to see you and your son Randy. Your photo makes my car look pretty darn good. Nothing like driving the '05 GT. Totally different experience than the New GT (not complaining though).

Reactions: SYCO GT

E-Man

GT Owner
Jan 22, 2020
USA
A fun one indeed! thanks for coming along and it was great meeting you and your wife!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Your photo makes my car look pretty darn good. Nothing like driving the '05 GT.

Nonsense. No magic here. Just my cell phone snap. Your car makes your car look darn good!

You definitely had a fanatic there. The guy was watching from a far the entire time we were chatting, in awe of your car. I saw that he was still there after we left. Still draws a crowd 15 years later! And still will 15 years+ from now for sure.

Reactions: B. West

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Ahlman’s, coil covers and “wheels”:)BA730D82-6020-4F4D-81D4-B727F3AAA024.jpeg960A0673-F8F3-4A0A-9F16-BCBEFAF97337.jpeg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I spent an hour peeling the foam and cleaning the glue out of my floor mats. They're spotless now. What kind of foam and glue to use? Closed cell Polyethylene or EVA or ???

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The "knocks offs" came out great!! Safety wire is a fantastic extra detail. Great look!

Shocks are a great upgrade too!

Ahlman’s, coil covers and “wheels”:)

Reactions: Nafod and DG1

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Ahlman’s, coil covers and “wheels”:)View attachment 60419View attachment 60420

Looks awesome. How do you like the upgraded suspension?

Reactions: roketman

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Ahlman’s, coil covers and “wheels”:)

Looks great, David! We sell and support Girodiscs Brakes also when you are ready! (Specracer has them on his FGT) Great floating two piece rotors that don't make noise due to their design.

Reactions: DG1

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
Looks awesome. How do you like the upgraded suspension?
Outstanding- I really like it! The adjustability is a terrific feature and totally worthwhile. This car’s ride is very similar to stock- nice comfortable tourer- but noticeably better planted.
It’s a real contrast to how the same suspension is set up in my other car which has a much firmer ride and quicker response (again, very planted).
These things are great!

Reactions: sahlman

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Outstanding- I really like it! The adjustability is a terrific feature and totally worthwhile. This car’s ride is very similar to stock- nice comfortable tourer- but noticeably better planted.
It’s a real contrast to how the same suspension is set up in my other car which has a much firmer ride and quicker response (again, very planted).
These things are great!
I have Scott’s coilovers on mine, great upgrade.
4ED12EE6-29BE-4D2C-9D68-AE721E6433B8.jpeg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just had set Ahlmans installed in my car as well. Look awesome. Havent driven yet as waiting to get car back

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can’t say enough positive things about the Ahlman’s suspension. This is a modification with a level of development that you do not typically get in the aftermarket.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Best upgrade you can do!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Ahlman’s, coil covers and “wheels”:)View attachment 60419View attachment 604203881FDCD-E397-456D-9F38-6204AD6A4C7F.jpeg
Looks somewhat familiar..... I whittled these up last year (cell ph pic)

Reactions: DG1

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
These things are great!
Thank you for the great feedback, David.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I have Scott’s coilovers on mine, great upgrade.
Looks great, Chris! Thank you for the endorsement!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Just had set Ahlmans installed in my car as well. Look awesome. Havent driven yet as waiting to get car back
Glad you like them Mitchell - look forward to your feedback after driving them.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I can’t say enough positive things about the Ahlman’s suspension. This is a modification with a level of development that you do not typically get in the aftermarket.
Thank you for such a strong endorsement on this great forum, Dave. Definitely a labor of love for me and we will keep making and supporting these as interest continues to be strong.