Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
supercharger, exhaust and oil cooler

Really good guess, but already have the cooler and exhaust, but not enough balls to go Whipple yet:

Reactions: Ed Sims

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Ok, due to an extreme lack of guesses (insert sad emoji), here is my upgrade project for the year:
IMG_0097 small.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Not often that you see a parking lot so empty. Outlet mall in San Clemente. Everything closed except for Ruby's Diner takeout.

GTsjc.jpg

Came upon this friendly driver of a vintage Stingray. I don't see these all that often. He seemed happy to see the GT, giving a couple thumbs up to my son and I. (Son took the photo obviously)

IMG_5094.jpeg

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Took a drive up to Payson last week. Stopped at Chip Beck's service station. Only selling sealed packaged food. No coffee, no hotdogs or taquitos, no pizza slice. Disappointing, but for the best.

Corona-bored? Take a drive, take a spritzer of rubbing alcohol for the gas pump. No human contact.

Mods? Upgraded my clamshell button springs with the ones from the Mustang hood. More coils per inch, stiffer (a little), less likely to rattle.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Upgraded my clamshell button springs with the ones from the Mustang hood. More coils per inch, stiffer (a little), less likely to rattle.

Recently replaced the OEM spring plastic coins at the top with some rubber grommets. But I like the idea of the stronger clamshell springs. Got any pics? Or a part number for the Mustang swap - sounds like a worthwhile mod for sure.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I guess it was trunk springs, 1994-2004. I can't remember where I found them on the forum or the thread but here is the link. Really an easy replace.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White

Reactions: Ed Sims and SYCO GT

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Had Heffner do "everything!".
Mark

Reactions: tmcphail

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Recently replaced the OEM spring plastic coins at the top with some rubber grommets. But I like the idea of the stronger clamshell springs. Got any pics? Or a part number for the Mustang swap - sounds like a worthwhile mod for sure.

Here is the thread on the stops for both GT and Mustang part numbers, with pics. Plus other part info.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ok, due to an extreme lack of guesses (insert sad emoji), here is my upgrade project for the year:

Who makes those CF pieces?

Ed

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Who makes those CF pieces?

Ed

Kip Ewing (long since discontinued) made the center console area, plus I understand he made a couple of the other pieces. I was told a guy in Arizona fabbed most everything else, including center console side panels (not shown in the picture). A guy on the forum (Stormcat??) did the cup holders. Sorry I don't know much specific information.....some of the long time owners would know more.

I had posted in my searching for a GT thread about wanting some CF pieces and an owner reached out to me who was going back to stock. All in, I paid $8,500 for all this stuff.....I love CF stuff and really am Meh about the shiny magnesium colored pieces so had to do it.

So now between all this CF stuff, the custom leather interior with red stitching and the white dial Speed Hut gauge set......no one would ever want to buy this car.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
your not doing the install yourself?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I had posted in my searching for a GT thread about wanting some CF pieces and an owner reached out to me who was going back to stock. All in, I paid $8,500 for all this stuff.....I love CF stuff and really am Meh about the shiny magnesium colored pieces so had to do it...
You got a good deal Sharky!

Ed

Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
your not doing the install yourself?

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Reactions: Cadster

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Here is the thread on the stops for both GT and Mustang part numbers, with pics. Plus other part info.
Sweet, I needed those too. Thanks for the post

Reactions: HighHP

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I guess I got taken, I paid $43 for my springs. But they did get here really fast.

Reactions: Ed Sims

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
View attachment 59809
Where did you get the parking brake bezel and handle from.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Where did you get the parking brake bezel and handle from.

I understand those were Kip Ewing pieces.....could be wrong though, the wife says that all the time.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So now between all this CF stuff, the custom leather interior with red stitching and the white dial Speed Hut gauge set......no one would ever want to buy this car.

Where are you having the leather done? Are you doing doors and dash or just the seats?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Where are you having the leather done? Are you doing doors and dash or just the seats?

The leather was on the car when I bought it....I wouldn't have done it if the car was stock because of the money involved ($10k+ I'm sure) but now I'm just taking the upscale look to the next level with the CF and the Project 321 door sills installed yesterday.IMG_0071 small.jpgIMG_0073 small.jpgIMG_0075 small.jpgIMG_0076 small.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims and Cadster